LED Fog light bezels - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, LED Fog light bezels in Cadillac SRX Forums; If you wire it to a fuse that is ignition hot, you should be ok. Otherwise the lights would be ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: LED Fog light bezels

If you wire it to a fuse that is ignition hot, you should be ok. Otherwise the lights would be on all the time.
    Sorry I haven't got back to your PM Tup.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

They look good.......nice write up Capatain

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Ok, I have a set on the way. I debated getting the more expensive ones. They may look a little better but I wasn't so keen on the solid chrome.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...372247145.html
    crump13 likes this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Wanted to update since I moved these to my new '13 (actually did in March when I got it, just haven't put up pics)

When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Tup View Post
    Ok, I have a set on the way. I debated getting the more expensive ones. They may look a little better but I wasn't so keen on the solid chrome.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...372247145.html
    I have been following this thread the last few days and I really like the LED Fog light Bezel that has the LEDs across the bottom and the outer side. Don't get me wrong, I like the ones that go across the top just like the other ones better. I guess because there are more lights and it stands out a little more.

I really want to get these but I'm not sure how easy the install would be. I tinker around with my motorcycle and have done all these things on my motorcycle: oil changes, tire changes, wired up my trailer plug on my motorcycle (not a plug and play situation, it was as cut wire, solder and shrink wrap situation), wired up my J&M CB, GPS and Satellite radio, installed all the electrical (lights and plug) on my pull behind motorcycle trailer.

For those that have installed these LEDs or the LEDs that run across the top of the fog light themselves, what is the difficultly level? Given the examples of stuff that I have done on my motorcycle, does it seem like I "should" be able to install these on my SRX if I order them. I would like for them to be on as DRL so I would need to know where to wire them so that they are on whenever my DRL are on.

Thanks,

~Tina~

TORONTO-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition

I have a question: For those of us (me!) that have Luxury Edition 2010's without the factory fogs (just the blank black plate)...I've REALLY like to find THIS SAME product but with NO cutouts for the OEM fogs...(since I don't have them!)...I don't want to go to the expense and trouble of installing the OEM fogs...so I was looking for something LIKE this, but with NO cutouts for the fog lamps...Any ideas? I was actually thinking of modifying some LED running lights to fit the blank inserts, but it's WAY too difficult. Can anybody find this sort of product that just replaces the BLANK panels on vehicles that have no OEM fogs? - TORONTO-SRX

Tup

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I have been following this thread the last few days and I really like the LED Fog light Bezel that has the LEDs across the bottom and the outer side. Don't get me wrong, I like the ones that go across the top just like the other ones better. I guess because there are more lights and it stands out a little more.

I really want to get these but I'm not sure how easy the install would be. I tinker around with my motorcycle and have done all these things on my motorcycle: oil changes, tire changes, wired up my trailer plug on my motorcycle (not a plug and play situation, it was as cut wire, solder and shrink wrap situation), wired up my J&M CB, GPS and Satellite radio, installed all the electrical (lights and plug) on my pull behind motorcycle trailer.

For those that have installed these LEDs or the LEDs that run across the top of the fog light themselves, what is the difficultly level? Given the examples of stuff that I have done on my motorcycle, does it seem like I "should" be able to install these on my SRX if I order them. I would like for them to be on as DRL so I would need to know where to wire them so that they are on whenever my DRL are on.

Thanks,

~Tina~
    Tina

Be like me....order them first and figure it out later

Seriously, you are probably better qualified to do it than I am! If you read through the complete thread, you will see that SRXDave and the captain have some good instructions. It looks pretty easy. Srxdave was able to access the fog lights without removing the tire or putting it up on a stand. He just turned the wheels and removed some of the wheel well cladding screws and reached on to push the current fog bezel out. Then it's just a matter of wiring the black wire to a bolt or the battery black terminal and the red wire to a ignition fuse in the fuse box to the right of the battery. Another poster mentioned fuse number 17 (air quality sensor) while on some description pictures it looks like they have it wired to a different fuse....of you can read the description...let us know.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Profe...754677711.html

Perhaps someone can let us know how to wire to the fuse....just stick the wire down one of the fuse leg holes and press the fuse back in there?
    davedogcaddy and crump13 like this.

Tina

Be like me....order them first and figure it out later

Seriously, you are probably better qualified to do it than I am! If you read through the complete thread, you will see that SRXDave and the captain have some good instructions. It looks pretty easy. Srxdave was able to access the fog lights without removing the tire or putting it up on a stand. He just turned the wheels and removed some of the wheel well cladding screws and reached on to push the current fog bezel out. Then it's just a matter of wiring the black wire to a bolt or the battery black terminal and the red wire to a ignition fuse in the fuse box to the right of the battery. Another poster mentioned fuse number 17 (air quality sensor) while on some description pictures it looks like they have it wired to a different fuse....of you can read the description...let us know.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Profe...754677711.html

Perhaps someone can let us know how to wire to the fuse....just stick the wire down one of the fuse leg holes and press the fuse back in there?
    Thanks Tup. I am pretty good at figuring stuff like that out. I guess I have felt pretty comfortable doing stuff like that on my motorcycle because I have a full repair/service manual for it and if I get in a jam with stuff I can refer to that if needed. I have hunted online for a repair/service manual for the SRX but I haven't been successful in finding one. I know the maintenance is covered and I won't be doing any of that but it would be nice to have a full repair/service manual so I can see schematics of the wiring and stuff that I would do outside of the warranty. If it wasn't for you telling me that the fuse box was to the right of the battery, I wouldn't have known that. I haven't taken a good look under the hood since I have purchased my SRX 2 and a half months ago to get a feel of where everything is just yet and I guess now is as good of a time as any.

I really do like these light and I will probably get them. Once I see something I really like I tend to bite the bullet and get it. So I see these as a purchase in my near future. :-)

~Tina~

Ok, so I bit the bullet and ordered these LED Fog light Bezels for my 2013 SRX: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...599969244.htmll

I kept looking between the ones that were just the LED DRL (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-..._6147196&vd=30 ) and the ones in the link above that are LED DRL and will change yellow when the turn signal is activated and flash along with the turn signal.

While I was online looking at them, I contacted the seller via chat and we negotiated a price of $260 (original price was $285) for the ones that also functioned as turn signals or I could have gotten the same style light but did not turn yellow and flash with the turn signal for a negotiated price of $240 (original price was $275). As I stated above I decided on the turn signal ones for the additional $20. Those prices included shipping as well. It will be 2 weeks or so before I get them as they are being shipped from China. The person I was chatting with online stated that the instructions were in English so hopefully that is correct and I will be able to figure out the wiring. I also verified from the person I was chatting with online that the lights are for a 2013 Cadillac SRX, even though it is stated in the title of the lights but down in the description of the product it says Hyundai Elantra as the car make and model (you see that in the first link above).

I am pretty stoked about these lights as I think they will add a nice touch to the front of the car while driving. I have always like the LED DRL as they stand out and definitely make the vehicle more noticeable.

~Tina~

Tup

Now I feel bad for not negotiating on my pricing. Perhaps I should have gone for those as well. I suspect you will get them before 2 weeks. I'll let you know when mine arrive.

Now I feel bad for not negotiating on my pricing. Perhaps I should have gone for those as well. I suspect you will get them before 2 weeks. I'll let you know when mine arrive.
    Definitely let me know when you get them. I am anxious to get mine and install them. I think they will add so much to the front of the SRX while driving.

~Tina~

Tup

Ok, I got these today and managed to get them installed. I got at the fog lights from the wheel well by just turning the steering wheel. Boy, the old fog light black inserts did not want to come out. The drivers side was a little easier to reach the release clips but even then quite a bit of force was needed to push them out from behind.

I ended up connecting the red wire to fuse number 54 (5amp)I think it was. I tried 17 first but no joy... perhaps my wire wasn't connected properly. Many online instructions show using 54 and it worked no problem. I routed the passenger side wire up behind the engine... zip wired to another cable running along there. Then I slid it behind and besideẁ the air filter along the outside of the engine compartment. I used several zip wires to secure everything.

So now I am wondering if they look better as solitary running lights by turning the regular running lights off (turn the light switch counterclockwise to off)

They do look nice but I wonder if the more expensive ones that crump13 (Tina) got would look better.
    Let us know when you get them Tina and let me know if you have any install questions.
    crump13 likes this.

Ok, I got these today and managed to get them installed. I got at the fog lights from the wheel well by just turning the steering wheel. Boy, the old fog light black inserts did not want to come out. The drivers side was a little easier to reach the release clips but even then quite a bit of force was needed to push them out from behind.

I ended up connecting the red wire to fuse number 54 (5amp)I think it was. I tried 17 first but no joy... perhaps my wire wasn't connected properly. Many online instructions show using 54 and it worked no problem. I routed the passenger side wire up behind the engine... zip wired to another cable running along there. Then I slid it behind and besideẁ the air filter along the outside of the engine compartment. I used several zip wires to secure everything.

So now I am wondering if they look better as solitary running lights by turning the regular running lights off (turn the light switch counterclockwise to off)

They do look nice but I wonder if the more expensive ones that crump13 (Tina) got would look better.
    Let us know when you get them Tina and let me know if you have any install questions.
    Tup, thanks for the update this will be very helpful for me when mine arrive. I just received an email early today (1am my time) from AliExpress that the lights were shipped. So it will be a little longer for me as I am not sure how long it will take to get from China to me. Your's arrived fairly quickly. I was surprised to see you received them already as you ordered yours a day or so before I did.

Roughly how long did it take you to do the complete install? I will keep fuse 54 in mind as my connection point for my red wire. I will also need to tie it into the turn signal wire as mine turn amber and flash with the turn signals as well. Will the LED lights turn off when the headlights come on at night? I was reading someone where that there is a third optional accessory wire on those LED lights that you can connect I think to the headlights and when they turn on it dims the LEDs so they aren't as bright at night. Did yours have that additional wire? Were there instructions with the lights and if so were they in English? Where did you connect the ground? Did you run it up to the battery or just connect it to a bold somewhere on the frame?

Do you have any pics to share? I would love to see how they look.

Thanks for the update. I am excited to get mine!!!

~Tina~

Tup

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    Tup, thanks for the update this will be very helpful for me when mine arrive. I just received an email early today (1am my time) from AliExpress that the lights were shipped. So it will be a little longer for me as I am not sure how long it will take to get from China to me. Your's arrived fairly quickly. I was surprised to see you received them already as you ordered yours a day or so before I did.

Roughly how long did it take you to do the complete install? I will keep fuse 54 in mind as my connection point for my red wire. I will also need to tie it into the turn signal wire as mine turn amber and flash with the turn signals as well. Will the LED lights turn off when the headlights come on at night? I was reading someone where that there is a third optional accessory wire on those LED lights that you can connect I think to the headlights and when they turn on it dims the LEDs so they aren't as bright at night. Did yours have that additional wire? Were there instructions with the lights and if so were they in English? Where did you connect the ground? Did you run it up to the battery or just connect it to a bold somewhere on the frame?

Do you have any pics to share? I would love to see how they look.

Thanks for the update. I am excited to get mine!!!

~Tina~
    Tina

I ordered mine on the 16'th. Check your tracking number as that will give you an idea on arrival. Once they passes customs, I was able to use the same tracking number with Canada post.

No English directions with mine.

Mine turn on at ignition. I'm not worried about dimming them... they are not too bright. Yours have more leds and might be brighter. There were other wires I didn't use. I just used the black and red. Since the red was at the fusebox, I just connected the black to one of the convenient black battery terminals... just loosen the bolt, stick in the prong and tighten.

I'm not sure how to wire them to the turn signals... you would need to tie into the turn signal wiring somehow. The Captain may be able to help you on that one.

Total time is hard to estimate as I had many phone calls. I started around 9:30 and was done by lunch. Removing the old bezels took some time. Look at your new ones to get an idea on where the clips will be located and how to disengage them when you are reaching for them. I also took my time routing the wires, securing the wire box and contemplating the whole engine area. I am sure a skilled person could do it in under an hour.

Tina

I ordered mine on the 16'th. Check your tracking number as that will give you an idea on arrival. Once they passes customs, I was able to use the same tracking number with Canada post.

No English directions with mine.

Mine turn on at ignition. I'm not worried about dimming them... they are not too bright. Yours have more leds and might be brighter. There were other wires I didn't use. I just used the black and red. Since the red was at the fusebox, I just connected the black to one of the convenient black battery terminals... just loosen the bolt, stick in the prong and tighten.

I'm not sure how to wire them to the turn signals... you would need to tie into the turn signal wiring somehow. The Captain may be able to help you on that one.

Total time is hard to estimate as I had many phone calls. I started around 9:30 and was done by lunch. Removing the old bezels took some time. Look at your new ones to get an idea on where the clips will be located and how to disengage them when you are reaching for them. I also took my time routing the wires, securing the wire box and contemplating the whole engine area. I am sure a skilled person could do it in under an hour.
    Tup, you didn't get the ones like I have (excluding the amber turn signal portion of it)? I had thought you got the ones that run across the bottom and up the outer side of the fog light bezel. But it sounds like from your post you got the ones that have the LEDs running across the top only. When you connected the red wire to fuse 54, did you just put the wire down one of the fuse prongs and push the fuse in or connect it another way?

Either way, I am pretty excited to get mine and I hope mine come with instructions. I am confident I can wire it in without instructions the way you wired your's in but I want to make sure I understand the other wires and the turn signal portion of it so I get that wired in and functioning correctly. I just now received the shark fin antenna that I ordered around three weeks ago. It came from Canada and they told me it would be at least two weeks for production so I wasn't expecting it any sooner than about now. I will install it tomorrow. It's a pretty easy install.

Anyone else that has installed the LEDs, did you use the optional extra wire? And if so what did you connect it to? Am in understanding correctly that the optional wire is designed to dim the LEDs when the headlights come on?

~Tina~

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.