LED Fog light bezels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, LED Fog light bezels in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by dechji Do you know which fuse number you hook the lights up to? I would mind to ...
    daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by dechji

Do you know which fuse number you hook the lights up to? I would mind to come on when the car is on and off when i turn it off.
    I just checked and it was fuse number 17 which is 10A for the air quality sensor

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

Re: LED Fog light bezels

Very interested in these. I'd like to use them as my DRLs, and not my headlights, especially if I add HIDs. Anyone know if the factory DRL can be turned off in the programing? By the dealer?

Phil

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by phunter1
    Very interested in these. I'd like to use them as my DRLs, and not my headlights, especially if I add HIDs. Anyone know if the factory DRL can be turned off in the programing? By the dealer?

Phil
    Actually if you ask me this would be perfect for anybody who has the base/luxury trim and upgrade to Hids for low beam because if you connect them like I stated above you can turn the headlight switch on dash back counterclockwise and will turn off "automatic light" which is DRL but only downside if you have to do with every start but has become second natural for me as I push start button my left hand goes to headlight switch and that would be a free and easy fix and also save your Hids and other downside you have to remember to turn on headlights when needed...hope this helps

SrxNamja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

These would look great during the day time as drls!

rosco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

I have ordered these from ali express.I am going to install fog lights and these led's.What modifications did you have to do to the ali express lights?what do think is the best way for me to do it since i have to do both from scratch.They look fantastic on your car.As soon as i saw your pictures i had to have them.

Thank-you

----------

Does anyone know the part # of the 2012 srx wiring harness?

Thank-you

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Well, one of the LED bezel's was wired backwards, so that had to be changed, then just tying them into the harness to make them plug and play was all i really did.

rosco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Does anyone know the part # of the fog light wiring harness that comes in the kit?
    Rosco

SRXDave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010 Performance Gray Flannel w/ 20" Chrome Wheels

I only recently found the Cadillac Owners Forum, but have had my 2010 SRX Performance since new.
    I saw the thread from Wmupilot on 10-10-12 about Aliexpress LED fog lights kit and ordered them.

Now that I’ve received them, I have questions about wiring them. Has anyone hooked up there LED lights as Daytime Running Lights and used all 5 wires. I would like help with the wiring.

It looks like TheCaptain wired to his fog lights and daddie2k3 wired his to the air quality sensor fuse number 17, but no detail into what wires were.

The instructions and schematic that came with lights are in Chinese.
    My LED control box has 5 wires with schematic marked up in English.
    Battery; Red + (fused) & Black –
    Blue – right turn light
    Greg – left turn light
    White – headlight

Installation: (from Aliexpress web site)
    1. Not need to change the fog lights, original car location to install, no need to paste a direct replacement for the original car black fog lamp shade, power cable can be connected to the fog lights on (open fog bright).
    2. Can also be connected to the battery positive and negative, the patented technology dedicated Daytime Running Light: the unique car to start Automatic Identification System (LEDs switch on their own lights turn on and off)!

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Would like to hear more about these too as far as the wiring options go.
    They look great Captain, thanks for sharing the pics! I assume you had to remove the tire and inner fender liner?

I have the 4 piece grill overlay and these would accent the fog light bezels quite nicely!

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Yes, the tire and fender liner need to move for max access. I have done it though, just turning the tires all the way to the left and taking the liner out, with the vehicle jacked up.

SRXDave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010 Performance Gray Flannel w/ 20" Chrome Wheels

Remove the small cover on back side of the controller and change the switches to:
    (13.25 V)
    switch 6 : off
    switch 1 : ON
    switch 2 : ON
    switch 3 : OFF
    switch 4 : OFF
    switch 5 : OFF
    Then connect positive and negative, Red + (fused) & Black – to the battery, tie off other wires, they’re not used. The patented technology dedicated Daytime Running Light: the unique car to start Automatic Identification System (LEDs switch on their own lights turn on and off).
    I didn’t remove wheels or jack my SRX up, only removed wheel well liner screws, turned the wheels, pulled the liner back, reached in and pushed out the original bezel, ran the wires, plugged in the wires to new LED bezels, pushed them into place, replaced wheel liner screws, hooked control box red & black to battery, tied off wires and control box and was done.
    Jake2010, Jake2010 and Tup like this.

Huey Driver is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Sure wish I could find these without fog lights (for Lux)...

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I would also be interested in connecting these to a lux SRX. The hole with missing fog lights might be conspicuous. I suppose I could mount a fake bulb behind the hole or chrome tape it somehow.

So can anyone who has been using them as running lights comment on longevity of these lights? also to use them as running lights, the best way is as SRXdave did it... connect to battery only? how hard is it to get at the battery? these do not drain the battery when not in use?

I see more expensive ones as well http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-CAR-Specif...9c6f55&vxp=mtr
    Or a cheap alternative? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Universal-Whi...9754a5&vxp=mtr

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I have had these on my 2010 Lux for 5 months , I had a shop install them as I already had a factory fog light kit installed. One of mine was wired backwards which seems a common fault but this was corrected, my lights are wired into my ignition somehow and turn on and off on start up so I turn off the factory auto run light (mine were also converted to HID) and use the LED's as they are on all of the time, the installer said he liked the lights and mention they had the better chip? in them.

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Looking at the battery, there are several options for red positive connections...60 80 100 or 300a or to the main large red terminal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.