Just bought a New 2013 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By caitlex
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Just bought a New 2013 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Bought New 2013 SRX Traded in my 2010 SRX (they actually gave me 30k, surprised me but I did keep ...
    cushsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Just bought a New 2013 SRX

Bought New 2013 SRX
    Traded in my 2010 SRX (they actually gave me 30k, surprised me but I did keep it in good shape)
    Bought the "Performance" model Ext. Grey Flannel Int. Light Titanium
    Did not get Driver Awareness, Test drove one with it and it is simply a bother, unless you routinely fall asleep.
    Very sensitive, you just need to just touch the lines on either side, or even simply make a turn without your signal
    Most time I use a signal but some low traffic roads I never do and I would get buzzed.
    My wife says it is another way of Behavior Modification, that was it for me. Saved the $445. Maybe someone will like it.
    Also did not like the new chrome wheels (did like the 2010 chrome though, this is a new style) so I just got the polished aluminum 20's
    The performance model is definitely worth the extra money over Luxury. You get 20's, Xeon headlamps, Fog Light, Nav System, Variable effort steering, Better Audio, 10 spkr,
    Pick it up Tomorrow or Thursday. The Cue system will be major different, new learning curve but definitely neat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Just bought a New 2013 SRX

Congrats on you purchase.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Congrats on your newest ride!

Definitely a nice color, I had it on my 2010, also I really love the look of the new polished aluminum wheels too ... both are a great choices.

caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

CONGRATS to you!! Last night I picked up my 2013 "Performance" model also with Grey Flannel Exterior but with Ebony Interior (I am bad with spills). Darling hubby added a trailer hitch and the molded splash guards. I did the painted aluminium wheels which to me, for the money, look very similar to the polished. I did the PAY UP FRONT lease for 36 months and 12K miles. They have me $2,000 off for owning a competitor car as well. I am VERY happy! Sort of bummed over a small item on the CUE (but nothing huge). In the videos I watched I thought it was too cool with how you could change the appearance of the dash (speedometer) but you can not. Must be on the STS or something. Also, need to get a better feel for CUE - I don't see where I can add applications, again like the videos show.

All in all I am a very happy camper!

cushsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

....new development, since I threw it out yesterday my dealer actually called me this morning and said it would fine with him if I wanted to replace the polished aluminum 20' wheels with my 2010 SRX chrome (which I think are much cooler than the new 2013 style).
    He will take off the $495 option for the polished wheels and switch them out if I want. Thinking seriously about it.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Had my 10 SRX in dealership for oil change today. Noticed that the 2013 SRX's had a button on all four door handles. My question is do you push the button to unlock the door or yank the handle once or twice like the 2010. Sounds like you got a good deal .

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    Had my 10 SRX in dealership for oil change today. Noticed that the 2013 SRX's had a button on all four door handles. My question is do you push the button to unlock the door or yank the handle once or twice like the 2010. Sounds like you got a good deal .
    Hummm - I never noticed it on all four doors. BUT.... as the keyless remote is in your pocket/purse and as you get close to the car you can hit the button one time to unlock just that door or hit it twice to unlock all the doors..........ran outside to check - yeah 4 buttons. COOL!

car.jpg

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Nice color and photo caitlex!

BTW: Did Cadillac go back to the look of the 2010-11 20" standard rims in 2013?

It looks like it in that above photo to me. Because my 2012 20" standard rims seem to look a lot different than those 2013 rims.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

I'm confused. I thought that the buttons on the outside of the door handles would LOCK the door(s) when pressed. This is clearly stated in my manual. I only see unlocking via the RKE Fob. Can someone clarify this issue please?

Standard on the Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    Nice color and photo caitlex!

BTW: Did Cadillac go back to the look of the 2010-11 20" standard rims in 2013?

It looks like it in that above photo to me. Because my 2012 20" standard rims seem to look a lot different than those 2013 rims.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought that the buttons on the outside of the door handles would LOCK the door(s) when pressed. This is clearly stated in my manual. I only see unlocking via the RKE Fob. Can someone clarify this issue please?
    On my 2013 I push the button on the handle to UNLOCK the doors. I never tried to lock them that way as I just walk away and it locks itself with my remote out of range.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    The 2013 is different from the 10 thur 12. I has a chrome raised button on all four doors vs the two painted flat spots on the front doors only 10 thur 12.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

The 2013 is different from the 10 thur 12. I has a chrome raised button on all four doors vs the two painted flat spots on the front doors only 10 thur 12.
    That does make a difference. Thanks for the clarification.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Caitlex is right, the '13s now have the little raised button that helps unlock the door. '10-'12 have a painted flush button that locks the door.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.