2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Will the new 2013 grille fit in the 2010-2012 models? It looks to be the same size/shape. I was wondering ...
    classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013

Will the new 2013 grille fit in the 2010-2012 models? It looks to be the same size/shape. I was wondering if the clips and fasteners are the same. Is it hard to swap out the grille? I assume the front facia will have the be removed to access the mounting hardware.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I would love to switch my 2011 grille to the 2013 grille if it is not difficult.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013

The grille's should swap over directly, and yes you'll have to remove the front fascia in order to do this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Overlaying a 2010 & 2013 front fascia assembly in math data, the grille opening, and mounting strategy has not change.

Best of luck, it would be a nice enhancement.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I heard you have to have a 2013 VIN Number to be able to order one because there is a short supply of grilles from the vendor.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

do you know the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by ladypro View Post
    do you know the cost?
    BTW: I was just having a little "FUN" in my previous post above.

To find out a price I would have to call the parts department at the dealer to see if they have the 13' grille in their system yet and if so perhaps we will be able to get a cost for it.

Here is the pricing I got from the dealer.

2013 Grille with crash avoidance sys. lists for $755.10
    2013 Grille without avoidance sys. lists for $437.67

The parts department guy also told me that he believes in order to put the new 2013 grille in an older model SRX you will need a new front fascia because he says they appear to have a different setup from the 2010-12 grilles. However, the lower grille does appear to be the same set up as the older Gen II grilles.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

The 2010-2012 upgraded grill ("bright grill") is available as an upgrade on the 2013 as well, so I presume the holes would be the same.

Max

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

So.. Back to my original question: "...Will the new 2013 grille fit in the 2010-2012 models?..."

It still doesn't sound like anyone knows for sure. We will have to wait until someone tries in swapping the grille.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccars View Post
    So.. Back to my original question: "...Will the new 2013 grille fit in the 2010-2012 models?..."

It still doesn't sound like anyone knows for sure. We will have to wait until someone tries in swapping the grille.
    What the parts guy told me was that it won't fit unless you get a new facia. If he is correct that would be a pretty darn expensive conversion.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

hmmm, a parts dude, or a dude in product development. I would listen to a parts dude............

Denny41 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX-AWD. 2012 SRX Performance AWD

I would believe that the 2013 Grille will fit the '10 -'12 models 'WITHOUT' a new front fascia. That being said, the 2013 fascia might have accommodations for the 2013 crash avoidance system. I believe it's too late in the SRX 2gen cycle to tool a completely new front fascia. Just my two cents guys and I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny41 View Post
    I would believe that the 2013 Grille will fit the '10 -'12 models 'WITHOUT' a new front fascia. That being said, the 2013 fascia might have accommodations for the 2013 crash avoidance system. I believe it's too late in the SRX 2gen cycle to tool a completely new front fascia. Just my two cents guys and I could be wrong.
    It is quite possible that parts guy may have gotten his information crossed up when I asked him for the prices for the new grille. I will have to call him back on Monday to double check his comments.
    =Maximumkk;3107528]The 2010-2012 upgraded grill ("bright grill") is available as an upgrade on the 2013 as well, so I presume the holes would be the same.

Max
    IMHO I honestly don't see why anyone who buys a new 2013 SRX would even want to change out their "beautiful" styled 2013 grille with last years older style grille? That would make their SRX look exactly like an older model SRX???? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Here is the latest that I was able to surmise after finally talking to 3 different GM Cadillac Parts departments. The new 2013 fascia is different, for one reason the 2013 grille has to accommodate for the new Collision Avoidance System and along with that new mounting hardware for it. One parts guy called up the GM Accessories site and got an answer for me that yes there is an accessory grille that is supposedly made to fit both the 2012 & 2013 SRXs. To me that would seem to indicate that yes the new 2013 grille should be backward compatible to fit the 2010-12 SRXs.

He also stated he is unable to order any 2013 grilles due to low supplies and that the assembly plant would be getting all the grilles they need before any dealer parts department would get them. When the supplier is caught up to the assembly plants demand then dealers will be able to order the 2013 grille. He did say it might take a couple of months before the supplier constraint easies.

This might be helpful for those looking for the new grille. I do hope all this information is indeed accurate.

UPDATE:
    I just got a return call from another dealer parts guy NOW this guy is saying that GM changed the grille so that the 2013 won't fit the 2012.

WOW do I need to go directly to someone at Cadillac to get the correct answer!

With all the confusion between some dealership parts departments I decided to just take a trip to my local dealer to try and get more of the facts. After looking at both 2012 & 2013 SRX grilles up close in the lot it was virtually impossible to tell if there were any differences in how they may have been installed. I then went in and spent 30 minutes with the parts guys who were very friendly and eager to help me out. They dove in and started using two different screens to be able to look thru all the part numbers back and forth.

After much discussion it appears that the 2013 should be able to be installed on the 2010-12 SRXs. They were willing to order one for me so I could compare the 2013 to my 2012 grille but they were unable to order one because it is on supplier constraint. The information below shows that the grilles below should fit 2010-13. Thus the 2013 grille should be backward compatible.

After all that extra work those guys went through to help out I didn't have the heart to tell them that my 2013 SRX was built last week.

Oh yes, I did tell them that this information would definitely help them out in the future for there will be others looking to upgrade their grilles to the 2013 version also.

Then I very quickly exited the dealership parts area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.