2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013 in Cadillac SRX Forums; lol. Thanks Marc....
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2010-2012 Grille upgrade to 2013

lol. Thanks Marc.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

No Comment

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I asked around yesterday and got an email reply back today from one of GM Managers.

Marc,

As a general statement, Yes, the 2013MY SRX Grille is backward compatible with the 2010-2012MY SRX models. The outside perimeter is identical as are the attachment locations. You can see this is true by taking the 2012MY accessory grille and installing it on a 2013MY SRX.

However, the 2013MY SRX MUST NOT BE EQUIPPED WITH ESS2 from which you take the grille. The ESS2 grille does have different components internal to it that restrict it's usage to 2013MY vehicles equipped with ESS2.

A 'base' 2013MY SRX grille can fit on the 2012MY models.

Thanks,

Nick

Thus it will depend on which version of the 2013 grille the parts person looks up that will end up explaining his or her answer.

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

UPDATE. I won a 2013 SRX grille on eBay (There is another one listed on eBay now from the same person.)

Received the grille today. (Looked great.) It took me about 1/2 hour to swap out my 2012 grille with the new 2013. No problems, it fit great with the same mounting areas/clips.

The ebay seller emailed me very good instructions on "how to" install the grille without having to remove the front fascia.

The vehicle looks alot better with the 2013 grille.

Would you be able to share a before and after photos?

Here are a few photos of the "after". I don't have a before photo.
    The 2013 grille still has the chrome finish on the outer frame, but the center bars are not chrome. It looks like a polished brushed aluminum or nickle type finish.

DSCN8331.JPG

Hmmm it might be just me but for some reason I don't see the photos when I click on the above attachments.

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Funny, looks to me that that is the same grill from the no longer produced DTS. I personally prefer the chrome add on to the 2010-2012 grill.
    allgm and allgm like this.

The grille really adds some much welcomed "BLING" to the front end.

Sarex011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Flannel gray Premium SRX, 2010 Pltnm Escalade

Nice! I like the added bling also. I see the ad for the upper grille but not the lower. Does anyone have a source for the lower grille also?

The lower grille on the vehicle in the photo has the stock 2012 lower grille with the upgraded Chrome overlay put on it.

Excellent, Thanks for the info. I just bought one of these. Anything to be aware of or tips to swapping the grilles? I notice they include two rivets with the new grille.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarex011 View Post
    Excellent, Thanks for the info. I just bought one of these. Anything to be aware of or tips to swapping the grilles? I notice they include two rivets with the new grille.
    Did you win the grille on eBay? That is the same guy I got mine from. It was a very nice grille. The seller was very nice and put together some detailed instructions on how to swap the grille withOUT removing the front fascia. The instructions went well for me. Here is what he told me:

"...Hello. the instructions that come with grille are basicly are to remove the facia, then you transfer the grille over. But you can remove the grille without taking the facia off completly. but it would be hard to explain. first you have to pull the top trim off above the grille. then drill out the two rivits. remove the 10mm hex head fasteners on the top that hold the grille to the upper bar. then you have to pull on the ends at the top and remove the two push pins at the side top of each end. (These are the same type of push pins you needed to remove to remove the upper plastic cover earlier.) they have to come out before you try to remove the grille. then each side has 2 retainers that push through the facia but they are tricky. you have to move them back and forth while pushing on the grille so that the grille goes in towards the back of the vehicle. ( I used a sharp thin tool to help release these "Wedge" type fasteners. Once you see these clips, you will know what I'm talking about.) they are kind of like wedges that have to fit through a slot. so a little pressure and wiggle the tabs back and forth a little untill you get it through the slot. the bottom has about 6 of them but some of them come out with out any help but usually the two center ones will need to be moved up and down while pushin in on the grille. (I used a putty knife to release these two lower center tabs from the front. Between the chrome grille and fascia being careful of the paint on the fascia.) they are slotted horizontialy. and you have to do them by feel cause you cant see them. the new grille goes in very easy. just line up the 2 on each end tabs then the bottom ones will line up. push the grille forward while holding the facia. carful you dont want to break any of the tabs. get your hand inside behind the grille and push right at the fasteners so they snap all the way in. then put the hex bolts in and tighten them. now push on the facia at the bottom to seat the bottom fasteners. then install the two rivits. and the top peice. if you have headlamp washers then you will need to remove the hose assembly from the bottom edge of the grille after the fasteners are all removed so you can get to them. Good luck hope all goes well. take a look at the new grille to see the wedge shaped fasteners. dont push on the chrome , push on the grill frame. so as not to break the tabs..."
    Let me know how it goes and what you think of the grille once you have it installed. I love the new look of mine.

Ken

Ken,Thank you for the great write-up and tips. I'll have it sometime next week and will post some before & After shots.

Decided not to install the 2013 grille, it is beautiful and has a much larger crest than the previous models. I just really think the mesh grille is more what I'm after.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.