Radio clock issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Turbo Dude
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Radio clock issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2010 SRX. All of a sudden the radio clock has decided to set itself ahead 4 hours. ...
    Black SRX Perf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perform, Black Raven, Shale/Ebony, 20" Chrome

Radio clock issue

I have a 2010 SRX. All of a sudden the radio clock has decided to set itself ahead 4 hours. I reset the clock and it stays the correct time until I shut off the ignition and restart the car. Then it's back to 4 hours ahead. Anyone have this problem? Any ideas? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Re: Radio clock issue

Don`t you just love computer technology?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Black SRX Perf View Post
    I have a 2010 SRX. All of a sudden the radio clock has decided to set itself ahead 4 hours. I reset the clock and it stays the correct time until I shut off the ignition and restart the car. Then it's back to 4 hours ahead. Anyone have this problem? Any ideas? Thanks
    It's helpful for you to know what software version you have. That way if it needs an update you can tell them that when you take it in. Go to Config Menu/Nav/Map Database/Application Version and tell me what no. is there.

Sube

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Very common problem in the 2010 MY. I had mine updated worked for a week .
    Ended up having Nav Radio unit replaced. That was 18 months ago been fine since then. Any way you need to go to your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    It's helpful for you to know what software version you have. That way if it needs an update you can tell them that when you take it in. Go to Config Menu/Nav/Map Database/Application Version and tell me what no. is there.

Sube
    Thanks for the responses.

Application Version = U306
    Database Version = 20.08.16

The car was built in October 09.
    The radio has been acting weird also. The last station listened to before shutting off the engine is not the same when restarting. Up until now, I have not had any problems with this car except for those trim pieces around the side mirrors falling off.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

There's a huge thread full of people frustrated with the bugs in the nav/clock/radio system:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-location.html
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    There's a huge thread full of people frustrated with the bugs in the nav/clock/radio system:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-location.html
    Thanks for that information. My Nav defaults to Washington DC also. I'll have to talk with my dealer after I read the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Black SRX Perf View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

Application Version = U306
    Database Version = 20.08.16

The car was built in October 09.
    The radio has been acting weird also. The last station listened to before shutting off the engine is not the same when restarting. Up until now, I have not had any problems with this car except for those trim pieces around the side mirrors falling off.
    Just as I suspected. You have the exact same version my car came with. I purchased mine on 11/17/09, so the build dates are probably close. I was told if you have version U306 it's just a matter of time before the exact problems you described will occur. I've never had those problems. Probably because I had the software updated as soon as I learned this. I have U413 and haven't had any problems. The latest version I'm aware of is U415, but I'm not getting that unless this version acts up. If it ain't broke......well, you know the rest. This problem is so common and has been discussed so extensively, that if your dealer is NOT aware of it, I'd run as fast as I can in the opposite direction. GM knows about this issue. They know they have a ton of computerized ticking time bombs out there just waiting to go haywire, yet they sit by quietly and do nothing. Instead of being proactive, issuing a Service Bulletin and getting all of the cars in for updating, they wait for customers to discover these issues on their own. What a way to treat customers!

Sube

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

This might help out at the dealership. The current version is like U415C. I had it done back in April with no issues since.

#PIT4998B: Clock Concerns - Inaccurate GPS Location - Unwanted
    Radio Performance After An Ignition Cycle - (Jul 27, 2010)

Subject: Clock Concerns, Inaccurate GPS location, Unwanted Radio Performance After An Ignition Cycle

Models: 2010 Buick Lacrosse
    2010 Cadillac SRX
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox
    2010 GMC Terrain
    With UYS navigation radio

This PI was superseded to add keywords and change subject line. Please discard PIT4998A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may complain of any of the following concerns related to the clock. This information applies to the UYS
    navigation radio.

1. The clock may reset to 12:00.
    2. The clock is inaccurate.
    3. Unable to adjust the hour and/or minutes on the clock.
    4. Location resets to Washington DC every ignition cycle (corrected once GPS signal is received).
    5. Last audio source is lost after ignition cycle - Defaults back to FM preset for example user was listening to CD.
    Turned off vehicle and waited 10 minutes. Turned on vehicle and now FM is playing.
    6. "I agree" screen is displayed every ignition cycle.

These can be caused by an internal failure in the radio.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Replace the radio to fix this concern.

Please follow the latest version of PIT4911 for instructions on ordering the UYS Navigation radio.
    Record the following information: Radio PN, Application Version, and Database Version.
    This information can be accessed by selecting the "Nav" tab at the top of the radio screen. Scroll down and select "Map
    Database Information".
    (Example: Application Version U2D2 Database Version V 20.08.16)
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved
    without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed
    allgm and allgm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude View Post
    The current version is like U415C. I had it done back in April with no issues since.
    Turbo Dude, would you happen to know what changes were made between U413 and U415C?

Thanks!

Sube

Thanks for all the info, guys. We'll see how much my dealer (Lund Cadillac) knows about this issue. At this point it's just a minor annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude View Post
    This might help out at the dealership. The current version is like U415C. I had it done back in April with no issues since.

#PIT4998B: Clock Concerns - Inaccurate GPS Location - Unwanted
    Radio Performance After An Ignition Cycle - (Jul 27, 2010)

Subject: Clock Concerns, Inaccurate GPS location, Unwanted Radio Performance After An Ignition Cycle

Models: 2010 Buick Lacrosse
    2010 Cadillac SRX
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox
    2010 GMC Terrain
    With UYS navigation radio

This PI was superseded to add keywords and change subject line. Please discard PIT4998A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may complain of any of the following concerns related to the clock. This information applies to the UYS
    navigation radio.

1. The clock may reset to 12:00.
    2. The clock is inaccurate.
    3. Unable to adjust the hour and/or minutes on the clock.
    4. Location resets to Washington DC every ignition cycle (corrected once GPS signal is received).
    5. Last audio source is lost after ignition cycle - Defaults back to FM preset for example user was listening to CD.
    Turned off vehicle and waited 10 minutes. Turned on vehicle and now FM is playing.
    6. "I agree" screen is displayed every ignition cycle.

These can be caused by an internal failure in the radio.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Replace the radio to fix this concern.

Please follow the latest version of PIT4911 for instructions on ordering the UYS Navigation radio.
    Record the following information: Radio PN, Application Version, and Database Version.
    This information can be accessed by selecting the "Nav" tab at the top of the radio screen. Scroll down and select "Map
    Database Information".
    (Example: Application Version U2D2 Database Version V 20.08.16)
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved
    without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed
    Thanks Turbo Dude. I am experiencing conditions 2,3,4 & 5.

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Glad I could help out. Good luck with it.

CadiEnvy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have issues 3,4, and 5. Does anyone know if the dealer will update the software for free if the car is out of warranty. I have already put 90K miles on my SRX in the past 2 years and wondering what this could set me back if I have to pay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.