2013 SRX CUE - iPhone or Android?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 SRX CUE - iPhone or Android? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ordered my car and it should be here in about 2 more weeks - at the same tim emy phone ...
    caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

2013 SRX CUE - iPhone or Android?

Ordered my car and it should be here in about 2 more weeks - at the same tim emy phone is up for contract. Does it matter if I get an iPhone or a Droid? I have watched the CUE video and read info and it quickly touches on iPad, which I have. But not sure if they are just saying that the new CUE is similiar to an iPad??? This post could open an entire new can of worms with some people preferring one brand over the other. My main thing is - will they both work the same......

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Re: 2013 SRX CUE - iPhone or Android?

I'm sure you're excited, what color and trim are you getting?

I know the iPhone 4 works well in my wife's 2012 SRX and folks with android phones expressed the same (well, not that their phones work in my wife's car!). No doubt Cadillac, and the consumer, are best served by making both work well! I think you would be safe with either choice. And BTW - Congratulations.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

tph123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" high polished wheels

Before ordering my 2013 SRX I connected my Android phone to the XTS CUE system. Played with it for about an hour until I was kicked out of the car as someone else wanted a go...

I had no problems with the interfacing/usage and agree with beachcad that either phone will work. I have an android because I like to tinker and you can't tinker on iPhone. shrug!

2011SRXMo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Good call. I'm an Android guy and love the simplicity of accessing cellphone features on my 2011Lux. With that CUE the thought crossed my mind if say u have a video/movie on your phone if you can sync it ti the CUE screen to watch.Congrats on the new ride as well.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

More than likely the 2013 CUE system will be fully compatible with the new iPhone 5. Just because of the popularity of the iPhone 5, it would be a huge marketing error for it not to be. However, it's hit or miss if future IOS updates will remain compatible. Once IOS is updated again, how long will CUE continue to be updated in order to remain compatible? Maybe a few years at best. History has proven that the automakers will shift their interests toward their latest incarnation of whichever vehicle, leaving us behind.

The iPhone buyer and the Android buyer are two completely different animals. I liken it to this analogy. Let's say you have two sports cars. Both have a high performance engine. Sports car "A" has a locked hood. You can't access or modify the engine in any way. Sports car "B" has an unlocked hood, a full set of mechanic's tools and a service manual. Sports car "A" is the iPhone. Sports car "B" is an Android. If you want the high performance and don't care to tinker, modify or customize, an iPhone is fine. But if you love to constantly customize your phone, Android is the best solution. This, combined with a slick advertising campaign, is the reason the iPhone is so popular. Its simplicity appeals to the masses, who either don't know how to or don't care to tinker with their phones. They just want to pick it up and use it. I get bored with a my phone very easily, so I've never even considered an iPhone.

Sube

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Sube, I agree with your analogy. I am an Android user and I'm still using a Galaxy Vibrant thru T-Mobile. However, it still works great for me because I was able to install a 3rd party ROM and replace the Home screen application. My phone is as fast and nimble with the latest and greatest and it's 3 years old!

Yelp, I hear ya. I don't have a custom ROM on my HTC Rezound, but it's zipping along quite nicely running Go Launcher. It blows away Sense and is infinitely customizable.

Sube

ATC
    ATC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Enclave, C6 Corvette

Good analogy, but: I personally LOVE to tinker with my Corvette, street rod, and SUV, but don't really care to mess with my smart phone. Therefore I use an iphone and MAC because they work well.

That's the beauty of having choices. To each his own. Even though I prefer Android, I don't criticize those who love their iPhones. You buy the phone that best suits YOUR needs. As long as it does what you need it to do, that's all that matters.

Sube

ladyak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none, looking into SRX or XTS.... my pops has 3 Caddy's

Hey did you have to pay extra to have yours ordered?? I talked with a guy at the dealership here and I stated I want a base(no options) Performance front will in gray with/ebony inside. He kept telling me about future 13 but they had entertainment packages, spare tire, etc.... I asked about ordering one since I just want a plan performance and he mentioned I would have to pay extra to get it, I thought the 875 destination fee was just standard. Did they make you pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by caitlex View Post
    Ordered my car and it should be here in about 2 more weeks - at the same tim emy phone is up for contract. Does it matter if I get an iPhone or a Droid? I have watched the CUE video and read info and it quickly touches on iPad, which I have. But not sure if they are just saying that the new CUE is similiar to an iPad??? This post could open an entire new can of worms with some people preferring one brand over the other. My main thing is - will they both work the same......

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    The Bluetooth connection used is a standardized wireless protocol. This means that it is not phone manufacturer or operating system specific. Much the same way all WiFi devices use a standard protocol to connect to the internet, so too do Bluetooth devices have a standard by which they connect and function with compatible devices. Short answer is that, yes all Bluetooth phones would work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyak View Post
    Hey did you have to pay extra to have yours ordered?? I talked with a guy at the dealership here and I stated I want a base(no options) Performance front will in gray with/ebony inside. He kept telling me about future 13 but they had entertainment packages, spare tire, etc.... I asked about ordering one since I just want a plan performance and he mentioned I would have to pay extra to get it, I thought the 875 destination fee was just standard. Did they make you pay more?
    My dealer gave me their allocation slot. I didn't have to pay extra. Some dealers play this game for early new year delivery and I was going to wait but the deal they offered me was acceptable and no markup.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyak View Post
    I did not have to pay anything more than a $500 fully refundable deposit (that they did cash). The car should be here any day I HOPE!

Thanks everyone - I totally forgot that I had started this thread and ended up buying the iPhone5 the day it came out. Was in line for 5 minutes - the store was dead! Anyway, loving my new phone but worried that there will be issues with the iPhone5 and the CUE - based of many other threads on this topic. {SIGH}

I ordered the Performance Gray Flannel with ebony interior and a trailer hitch. My dealer only asked for a $1000 deposit - but I bargained with him and wrote a check for $500. It is 100% refundable for ANY reason that I change my mind - but that won't happen! I email the sales guy constantly asking for an update. HA HA The negative - we never negotiated a price.....yet. Based on what I am reading - there are no incentives for the 2013 and will be lucky to knock off $1000....

Quote Originally Posted by caitlex View Post
    Thanks everyone - I totally forgot that I had started this thread and ended up buying the iPhone5 the day it came out. Was in line for 5 minutes - the store was dead! Anyway, loving my new phone but worried that there will be issues with the iPhone5 and the CUE - based of many other threads on this topic. {SIGH}

I ordered the Performance Gray Flannel with ebony interior and a trailer hitch. My dealer only asked for a $1000 deposit - but I bargained with him and wrote a check for $500. It is 100% refundable for ANY reason that I change my mind - but that won't happen! I email the sales guy constantly asking for an update. HA HA The negative - we never negotiated a price.....yet. Based on what I am reading - there are no incentives for the 2013 and will be lucky to knock off $1000....
    Tell your salesperson you want the preferred pricing (supplier discount price). If they won't give it to you then PM GMJim and see if he still has a discount coupon available. He offered it to me in another thread but since I managed to get below this price I didn't take him up on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.