What's up with the cheap floor mats? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What's up with the cheap floor mats? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by SRXDINO Beachcad, I purchased the Dark Brown with Silver logo mats and it matches very well with ...
    beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

Quote Originally Posted by SRXDINO View Post
    Beachcad, I purchased the Dark Brown with Silver logo mats and it matches very well with the Brownstone in my interior and will be much easier to keep clean. I could have chosen Shale however the concern being the light color and the dark brown is a nice contrast with the dash.
    Thanks SRXDINO, I thought I had seen where you posted that previously. When I looked at the original match colors, it only showed ebony, grey, and parchment. I guess the parchment is intended to match the shale, but doesn't look right. When I looked at all the colors available for the ultimats, I saw a dark brown and a brown. You mentioned you got the dark brown, instead of just brown, correct? Did you get any samples prior to picking your color?

PS: Gkiller, thanks again for your comments also.

SRXDINO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Beachcad, I did get samples and I was glad I did. I originally thought the brown would be the best choice but once I got the samples it was too gold in tone and the dark brown was far better match.
    beachcad and beachcad like this.

Did anyone get the cargo mat, especially the one that fits inside the cargo management system?

Beachcad, I got the rear mat that fits inside of the cargo management rail system.

Beachcad, I got the rear mat that fits inside of the cargo management rail system.
    SRXDINO, you've been extremely helpful. A few more questions, if you please...
    Was the cargo mat the same as the front and rear (carpet/dark brown)? Did you get the emblems on all 3 items (fronts, rear, and cargo)?
    Anything you would have done differently? Where did you purchase your mats?

TIA

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Where did you get the cargo mat that fits INSIDE the cargo management system? Everywhere I look it says they will NOT work with the cargo management system. Weathertech says you have to cut it. I have a Husky rubber mat that covers the rails. I would be interested in a cargo mat that would allow use of the cargo management system.

Beachcad, I did all 3 mats in the dark brown with logos on the fronts and cargo, I think the logos on the smaller rear mat may be too much. Again the dark brown and brownstone are great together and the silver logo looks right with the other black and silver in the dash. I wouldn't do anything different and have been a happy customer of Lloyds mats in my SRX, Tahoe and Corvette over 8 years now.
    beachcad and beachcad like this.

I purchased my mats from carid, they have occasional discounts online.

SRXDINO, your help is greatly appreciated. As a matter of fact, I have received tons of help and useful information from this forum. My wife is making fun of me because I have never actually participated in any kind of forum! lol

I have ordered some color samples, but I think we will decide to match what you did with the dark brown. The silver logo is already a definite. I imagine she/we will decide to add the logo to the rear also, but that shouldn't be much of a difference either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    Where did you get the cargo mat that fits INSIDE the cargo management system? Everywhere I look it says they will NOT work with the cargo management system. Weathertech says you have to cut it. I have a Husky rubber mat that covers the rails. I would be interested in a cargo mat that would allow use of the cargo management system.
    300:29:1, the configurator for the Lloyds mats shows two different cargo mat choices within the Ultimate and the Rubbertite mat selections at least, there may be some other of their mats styles that have this option also. One covers the entire cargo area, and another fits inside of the cargo management system.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad

300:29:1, the configurator for the Lloyds mats shows two different cargo mat choices within the Ultimate and the Rubbertite mat selections at least, there may be some other of their mats styles that have this option also. One covers the entire cargo area, and another fits inside of the cargo management system.
    I'll have too look more carefully. Thanks.

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Can someone please post a photo of the Lloyds carpeted front floor mats such as the Ultimats. I'm interested in covering the small bump that is near the seat on my 2013 SRX like the WeatherTech mats do.

KeithParks00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

IMG_0050.JPG

I was looking everywhere for a photo of this logo and Cadillac insignia on a set of Lloyd mats, but couldn't find one. I just received my new Luxe mats (front only) today, and wanted to share the photo so that others get a look at what I was searching for! Now to just get through the winter months and put these guys in place of my Weathertech mats!!

On a side note, I read that there was some confusion on the style of latching system used by these mats. On my mats, they use the same exact design as the factory GM latch system. I'm not sure if this is a Luxe quality only thing, but they popped right in and fit wonderfully. Due to some of the bumps on the SRX floor board, the Lloyd mats will need some time to settle into place. Either way, definitely happy with the purchase and would recommend to others!

Great pic and thanks for posting.

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by KeithParks00 View Post
    On a side note, I read that there was some confusion on the style of latching system used by these mats. On my mats, they use the same exact design as the factory GM latch system. I'm not sure if this is a Luxe quality only thing, but they popped right in and fit wonderfully. Due to some of the bumps on the SRX floor board, the Lloyd mats will need some time to settle into place. Either way, definitely happy with the purchase and would recommend to others!
    The latch system may be a recent design change. My Lloyds Ultimats also have the factory latch system.

See this thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ted-floor.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.