What's up with the cheap floor mats? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What's up with the cheap floor mats? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am really surprised, I also ordered the ultimats and they are flawless. Mine are dark brown an show no ...
    SRXDINO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    I am really surprised, I also ordered the ultimats and they are flawless. Mine are dark brown an show no sign of attachment rivets. These are the 3rd set I have ordered for my cars and all have been great, and I have been accused of being critical.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

Quote Originally Posted by SRXDINO View Post
    I am really surprised, I also ordered the ultimats and they are flawless. Mine are dark brown an show no sign of attachment rivets. These are the 3rd set I have ordered for my cars and all have been great, and I have been accused of being critical.
    Where did you order from?

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Mine are the color of my interior which is a very light beige and the rivet marks are plainly visible. If yours are dark then you just can't see the marks made by the rivets. The point is that for a few cents more they could have used the OEM snap instead of a flimsy plastic strip held on by one single rivet. Like I said they are pretty and well cut with a nice logo but the anchor is lousy.

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

I was preparing to order some of the Lloyds mats for my wife's SRX and saw these comments. I am not pleased with the attachment design and will most likely forego this "upgrade".

Lloyds attachment.jpg
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    I was preparing to order some of the Lloyds mats for my wife's SRX and saw these comments. I am not pleased with the attachment design and will most likely forego this "upgrade".

Attachment 96745
    Alot of folks seem pleased with these mats. What, if any, is an alternative solution? I certainly would like to 'upgrade' the stock mats myself.

As far as carpeted/logo mats, I believe Lloyds is the only option. I agree that a number of folks seem to be pleased with these, and I would expect the mats themselves to be great. I am overly picky, and became disgruntled when I read about the mats laying 'on top of' the post, instead of affixing onto the post, like the crappy factory mats. My wife was pretty excited about the logo and appearance of these mats, so I may have to suck it up and get them anyway. It's just, how much did they really save by not using a plastic grommet that would snap onto the post???

As far as carpeted/logo mats, I believe Lloyds is the only option. I agree that a number of folks seem to be pleased with these, and I would expect the mats themselves to be great. I am overly picky, and became disgruntled when I read about the mats laying 'on top of' the post, instead of affixing onto the post, like the crappy factory mats. My wife was pretty excited about the logo and appearance of these mats, so I may have to suck it up and get them anyway. It's just, how much did they really save by not using a plastic grommet that would snap onto the post???
    Let us know what you do.

I know there are people concerned with the mounting not being like the factory post however I have had Lloyds mats in my Tahoe for 8 years and they have post mounts, and still slip off at times. For what its worth the Lloyds in my SRX haven't moved yet and seem to laydown fine.

Gkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury edition

Attachment 96745
    My Lloyd mats (the Ultimats...top of the line) are dark and show no signs whatsoever of rivets. As well, I happen to think the post attachment works very well and as designed....the snap tab locks securely onto the post and keeps the mats in place. I guess I can understand concern that the straps "MIGHT" break....but then again....they might NOT break. As for alternates to the factory mats...there are really very few choices, especially if you want logo mats (from what I was told, Lloyd is the only mat company licensed to use the Cadillac logo). Don't rush to judgement based on one or two bad reviews...they are a quality mat and are far better than any I have seen over my years. Just my 2 cents.
    300:29:1 and 300:29:1 like this.

Thank you SRXDINO and Gkiller. I appreciate your hands-on opinions and reassurances. For me, the tide is shifting...
    300:29:1 and 300:29:1 like this.

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I took a couple of pics of my two mats to show what the rivets look like on light carpet. See if you can find the rivet heads. Also the plastic links to the floor posts may last forever and then again they may last for a week. The fix if they do break is to find someone to re-rivet them unless the plastic film breaks. I am at a loss as to why the OEM snaps are not used.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy
    I took a couple of pics of my two mats to show what the rivets look like on light carpet. See if you can find the rivet heads. Also the plastic links to the floor posts may last forever and then again they may last for a week. The fix if they do break is to find someone to re-rivet them unless the plastic film breaks. I am at a loss as to why the OEM snaps are not used.
    That embroidery certainly looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    ispectorudy, your opinion and comments are equally appreciated. It is helpful to see the pics, and yes, the rivets are visible. I too would have preferred that the OEM type grommets were used. That being said, and also weighing the Lloyd mats against the factory mats, I believe the Lloyd mats are still the winner for me. My wife's SRX has the light shale w/brownstone interior. I am thinking the dark brown might be the better option as a contrast to the lighter carpet. This option was mentioned by another post and seemed to obscure the signs of rivets, while providing a nice accent to match the brownstone color.

Gkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury edition

Beachcad...you will not be disappointed with the Lloyd mats...especially if you go with the darker color (good idea). Like I said previously, my mats lie flat when attached to the post, do not move once attached, and I see no reason to think that this attachment method - while maybe not the best - will not work as designed for years to come. I did an internet search looking for problems related to the post attachment, or any other deficiencies of the Lloyd mats for that matter...and came up with squat. Overwhelming positive feedback about a great product. I understand the concern about the snap attachment/rivet possibly tearing or coming loose....but I highly doubt that could happen considering the design and material used. The "plastic" strap appears to be nylon or the like, which will not "tear" as hard as you might try. As for the rivet, I guess it is possible the rivet could pull through the carpet and come loose...but again, highly doubtful that would happen.

Best of luck!

Beachcad, I purchased the Dark Brown with Silver logo mats and it matches very well with the Brownstone in my interior and will be much easier to keep clean. I could have chosen Shale however the concern being the light color and the dark brown is a nice contrast with the dash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.