What's up with the cheap floor mats? - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What's up with the cheap floor mats? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by SRXDINO I posted a reply in the beginning about the Lloyd ultimats that I purchased back in ...
  1. #16
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    748
    Thread Starter

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by SRXDINO View Post
    I posted a reply in the beginning about the Lloyd ultimats that I purchased back in May. I purchase the Ultimats with the Cadillac Crest in dark brown which matches the Brownstone very well and will be much easier to maintain. I am in California so don't need all weather. The look fantastic and fit perfectly.....
    Yes thank you. I have the Ebony interior so I need to go dark on mats. Unless I move to a different area, I use 2 sets of mats. Winter is harsh in Central New York State.

  2. #17
    beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    146

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
    Years ago, I can remember that luxury cars had plush carpeting. Jaguar still offers a plush wool mat. It may be extra costs.
    No kidding, things aint what they used to be. I can remember when Walmart used to advertise "Made in the USA"!!!
    Ironically as far as the mats, my wife is allergic to wool so the synthetic isnt a negative, but the factory mat appearance is.

  3. #18
    iampinkandorange is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    I got the salesman to order me the rubber Cadillac all weather mats (for free) and that's what I leave in year round. They are amazing and here in Texas it is much easier to dump the dry grass out instead of vacuuming.

  4. #19
    packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    122

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Anyone ordered the all-weather mats from an advertiser here at less than over-the-counter list price plus 8.7% sales tax?

    jack vines

  5. #20
    beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    146

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    Anyone ordered the all-weather mats from an advertiser here at less than over-the-counter list price plus 8.7% sales tax?

    jack vines
    hello jack,
    I responded to your inquiry about factory 18" wheels/tires in a different thread...couldn't find a way to PM you

  6. #21
    Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Age
    79
    Posts
    288

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    I removed the original floor mats that came with vehicle. Replaced them with Weathertech Digital floor liners. Wouldn't have anything else!!!!!

    Also put a digital cargo liner in as well!!!!! Great product and color match....

    Likely

  7. #22
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    748
    Thread Starter

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    I removed the original floor mats that came with vehicle. Replaced them with Weathertech Digital floor liners. Wouldn't have anything else!!!!!

    Also put a digital cargo liner in as well!!!!! Great product and color match....

    Likely
    Does the cargo liner allow for use of the cargo management system, or is it full coverage? All the cargo mats/covers that I have seen say full coverage. I purchased a Husky cargo liner and it's nice, but it's full coverage. I would like to be able to get something that is no larger than the carpet surface in the back.

  8. #23
    tph123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" high polished wheels
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    35

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Here is what WeatherTech digital fit has to say about the cargo area...

    "Trim is necessary to enable utilization of optional U-Rail cargo system." -- WeatherTech

  9. #24
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    748
    Thread Starter

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by tph123 View Post
    Here is what WeatherTech digital fit has to say about the cargo area...

    "Trim is necessary to enable utilization of optional U-Rail cargo system." -- WeatherTech
    Thanks.

  10. #25
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    668

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    I received my Lloyd mats today and they are real pretty. The Cadillac logo is nice and crisp and they are pretty well cut.......But the securing system that they use is junk. It is not the snap-through mat system that the OEM mats use. It is a riveted plastic strip on the underside of the mat that does not let the posts come through the mat. This makes them have a wave look and the rivet head can be seen as two small holes or flaws in the carpet. I am surprised that the mat companies cannot use the same system that Cadillac uses. It must be a proprietary issue. After my HID after market problems and now two sets of substandard mats, one set from WeatherTech, from the after market world I done with the people who have you at their mercy. I am not casting aspersions against the people as individuals but as sellers of products that a quality car owner would not consider on a par with their car.

  11. #26
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    748
    Thread Starter

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I received my Lloyd mats today and they are real pretty. The Cadillac logo is nice and crisp and they are pretty well cut.......But the securing system that they use is junk. It is not the snap-through mat system that the OEM mats use. It is a riveted plastic strip on the underside of the mat that does not let the posts come through the mat. This makes them have a wave look and the rivet head can be seen as two small holes or flaws in the carpet. I am surprised that the mat companies cannot use the same system that Cadillac uses. It must be a proprietary issue. After my HID after market problems and now two sets of substandard mats, one set from WeatherTech, from the after market world I done with the people who have you at their mercy. I am not casting aspersions against the people as individuals but as sellers of products that a quality car owner would not consider on a par with their car.
    Which level of mats did you get? I think the securing system varies by level.

  12. #27
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    668

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    I do not know the level of mat I ordered but if they have different levels of attachment then it is up to them to let the customer know BEFORE they order. WeatherTech did the same thing to me by not telling me that their upper grade mats or digital mats were a much better fit and that the posts on the regular mats do not work on their regular mats. These vendors need to get it together and actually SERVE the customer. What could the snaps that came on the OEM mats cost that would put them into another level of mat? This is just bad business and deceptive as well.

  13. #28
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    748
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy
    I do not know the level of mat I ordered but if they have different levels of attachment then it is up to them to let the customer know BEFORE they order. WeatherTech did the same thing to me by not telling me that their upper grade mats or digital mats were a much better fit and that the posts on the regular mats do not work on their regular mats. These vendors need to get it together and actually SERVE the customer. What could the snaps that came on the OEM mats cost that would put them into another level of mat? This is just bad business and deceptive as well.
    By level I mean Lux Ultimat Berber etc. I did see different hook/anchor systems online.

  14. #29
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    668

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    I ordered the Ultimate level and this is the buyer's guide that I had to use. As you can see they use the term "Snap fastener" which would lead youi to believe that it is the snap that we have on the OEM mats. It's not. It's a cheap plastic film riveted to the mat right through the carpet fiber which leaves what looks like a drop of grease or coffee on the mat. Plus the tab is held on by one simple rivet which once it breaks will be of no use what so ever in securing the mat. I am really disappointed by this and I realize now that after market stuff that you cannot return is a bummer and I will NEVER order this stuff again.
    Attached Images

  15. #30
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    748
    Thread Starter

    Re: What's up with the cheap floor mats?

    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I ordered the Ultimate level and this is the buyer's guide that I had to use. As you can see they use the term "Snap fastener" which would lead youi to believe that it is the snap that we have on the OEM mats. It's not. It's a cheap plastic film riveted to the mat right through the carpet fiber which leaves what looks like a drop of grease or coffee on the mat. Plus the tab is held on by one simple rivet which once it breaks will be of no use what so ever in securing the mat. I am really disappointed by this and I realize now that after market stuff that you cannot return is a bummer and I will NEVER order this stuff again.
    WOW! That certainly DOES seem disappointing. Those aren't cheap either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting