XM Traffic & Weather? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM Traffic & Weather? in Cadillac SRX Forums; It comes from XM. I had my radio replaced under warranty due to Nav problems. When I got it back ...
    allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: XM Traffic & Weather?

It comes from XM. I had my radio replaced under warranty due to Nav problems. When I got it back from service I had weather for 4 days then it disappeared. Called XM to get it reinstalled they said it was not available. Could not explain why I had it. That was a year ago might try it again. I think if you get a good tech rep it would be available. Good luck on that.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

After posting this I read another thread here that addresses this. What others are saying is that the weather information we get in our SRX does come from XM but it's not the XM weather service. That is more elaborate, requires a subscription, and is NOT available for any Cadillac vehicles. I'll see what happens when my trial ends, but everything should be the same-provided I keep the XM premier and Nav Traffic services.

Quote Originally Posted by allgm
    It comes from XM. I had my radio replaced under warranty due to Nav problems. When I got it back from service I had weather for 4 days then it disappeared. Called XM to get it reinstalled they said it was not available. Could not explain why I had it. That was a year ago might try it again. I think if you get a good tech rep it would be available. Good luck on that.
    I re-read the XM literature that came in the mail. The weather is definitely different than what we have in the SRX. It has graphics, maps, etc. I still don't know if you need traffic to get the weather in the SRX, but I'll probably keep the traffic.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

When I renewed I went through that whole non-sense.

It isn't Sirius XM weather you want. That has all of the radar etc that we don't have on the SRX.

When ordering from XM be sure to tell the representative you want Nav-Traffic&weather.

Sirius is HORRIBLE with training their employees. They typically don't even know what services they offer let along successfully get you signed up in less than an hour. Probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
    When I renewed I went through that whole non-sense.

It isn't Sirius XM weather you want. That has all of the radar etc that we don't have on the SRX.

When ordering from XM be sure to tell the representative you want Nav-Traffic&weather.

Sirius is HORRIBLE with training their employees. They typically don't even know what services they offer let along successfully get you signed up in less than an hour. Probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Good luck.
    This is why I prefer to do this stuff online. It seems that I can't get to what I need that way. I have a 1 year prepaid subscription on another vehicle. I was thinking of transferring that to my SRX when the trial ends, and read that you could do that on the XM site. You must do that on the phone. Then I thought I would keep the existing subscription, at least for the year, and add the SRX as a second radio-with a multi discount. I went back and forth with the lady on the phone about the discount. She basically told me that if I get ANOTHER radio/subscription, I can get a multi discount, but somehow the SRX doesn't figure in with my existing subscription. This makes no sense. I would really like to know why they have been known for poor service on the phone for a long time, yet it continues. Ugh!

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

1) yes they are an add, on top of music.
    2) personally I find the weather useless without live radar, and the traffic is too late too little to be useful and I find it frequently wrong. Goggle maps with traffic is 100 times more useful.
    3) I can't remember exact price but I thought it was an extra $7 a month ...? Decided not to renew weather and traffic.

XM should focus on improving audio quality or drop music all together And go with just talk IMO.
    jeffpaletz and jeffpaletz like this.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    XM should focus on improving audio quality or drop music all together And go with just talk IMO.

Not to go off topic here, but I hear alot of people complain about the audio quality on XM, and I simply don't hear it.

Though it is at a compressed bit rate, which means there is a slight difference between that and CD quality, the sound is perfectly acceptable to me.

Not to go off topic here, but I hear alot of people complain about the audio quality on XM, and I simply don't hear it.

Though it is at a compressed bit rate, which means there is a slight difference between that and CD quality, the sound is perfectly acceptable to me.
    I would agree on both points. I tend to listen to alot of talk at times,as well as audiobooks and podcasts. I have been listening to more music lately, and find the audio quality on XM to be fine. My ears aren't what they used to be.

alisk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Currently we are in 3 mos trial w/weather. Sirius web site leaves a lot to be desired as it's a classic site prepared by geeks who do not understand how the customer thinks. We can care less about music...as tunes come from iPod, thru USB connection. As of today: NavTraffic only is 3.99/mo; NavTraffic + NavWeather = 7.00/mo; NavTraffic + NavWeather + SiriusXM Travel Link = 8.99/mo. Sadly, there are no sample videos at Sirius web site to view any of these options...there is a still photo, but it is unclear what's in the photo and worst of all, YouTube does not have any posted videos of any or all of the above 3 service options...so customers must blindly acquire options and later decide whether to "fight" w/Sirius folks to discontinue service choices...and yes, to what others have stated: Sirius customer service folks lack training in how their products work and/or what is contained on screens that have multiple apps. UUUGGGHHHH!

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Fair enough, some people just don't hear it. For me and my wife it's night and day and just grates on my ears.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by alisk View Post
    Currently we are in 3 mos trial w/weather. Sirius web site leaves a lot to be desired as it's a classic site prepared by geeks who do not understand how the customer thinks. We can care less about music...as tunes come from iPod, thru USB connection. As of today: NavTraffic only is 3.99/mo; NavTraffic + NavWeather = 7.00/mo; NavTraffic + NavWeather + SiriusXM Travel Link = 8.99/mo. Sadly, there are no sample videos at Sirius web site to view any of these options...there is a still photo, but it is unclear what's in the photo and worst of all, YouTube does not have any posted videos of any or all of the above 3 service options...so customers must blindly acquire options and later decide whether to "fight" w/Sirius folks to discontinue service choices...and yes, to what others have stated: Sirius customer service folks lack training in how their products work and/or what is contained on screens that have multiple apps. UUUGGGHHHH!

Well to be fair...XM/Sirius is really just the "weather & traffic data" supplier(others like Baron...if I recall...actually provide the data). It's up the the hardware supplier in our case Cadillac to actually create the interface to view that raw data. So really the expectation is that Cadillac providers that information ahead of time...but really they don't have an incentive to. So on the '12 SRX...you get a 5 day forecast that basically says temperature...rainy, cloud or sunny. If I don't get a live radar maps on my screen...I'm not going to hand over a penny.

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

the issue that I working on is the fact that Xm/Sirius doesnt recognize the radio ID as Weather capable, though I have the option on the screen of the NAV>....12 Performance SRX here....any suggestions? I know it was there for the 3 month free period....now it isnt recognized when I transfered an old account over to it from my 09 CTS....

SiriusXM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi there-

If you have any questions about NavTraffic and NavWeather, feel free to send us an email to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, with your contact information, and we'd be happy to give you a call to discuss it.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote Originally Posted by alisk View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.