Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2012 SRX Brakes

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Marc NY 
#1 ·
I traded in my 2007 Escalade for a new 2012 SRX Sports edition. It seems that the feel on the brakes on the SRX are different compared to the Escalade. SRX brakes feel like I have to brake harder to stop. Kinda squishy. Any one else notice this or is it just me. My Escalade had excellent brakes.

#3 ·
I would like to mention that my SRX brakes to me, perform excellently! That being said some breaking pressure, sensation and or brake pedal "feel" in many cases will vary slightly from vehicle to vehicle. Especially if you are going from one platform to another. It may take you a little while to adjust to the differences in your braking pressure. Sometimes adjusting your pedals might help alleviate some of the odd feeling you may be having. If after a short period of time you still feel that the pressure isn't quite right then I would definitely go visit your service guy to have him test drive your vehicle to get their opinion(s).

I remember back in my day it was a big shock for me and many other drivers when we went from manual brakes to power brakes... some drivers nearly went through their windshield when they hit the power brakes back then .. I remember my dad having power brakes and my mom just had regular brakes it was fun trying to remember which car had what when I borrowed either car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.