Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordered 2013 SRX Today

7K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  RAB 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share with you that I put in my order for another Performance SRX today. I had wanted to order the new Silver Coast color but I was told it is on constraint right now. So I told them to order me the Flannel Grey with Ebony interior again. If the constraint is lifted soon I will probably change it back to the Silver Coast.

Below are comments I got from a friend of mine (not dealer) about the new SRX colors today.

Three new exterior colors:

GTS Xenon Blue (a bright blue)

GWS Glacier Blue (powder blue-like) and or a BMW looking Silver Blue Met

GWT Silver Coast (silver/ goldish cream-like color)...this is the new one I like...goes good with either shale and ebony or shale and browstone interiors.

*We do have a reconfig DIC std for 13 MY CUE system...

NOTE: I shot a quick iPhone photo with the flash on so the true colors might be tougher to see in this photo. The new Xenon Blue is pretty but it looks like a lot darker blue in person except for the bright flash area which is reflected in almost all of the paint chip. The Glacier Blue and Silver Coast are very pretty as well. My friend said he saw a Glacier Blue parked in the downstairs garage today. He thought it look sweeet! :)

I also added the polished aluminum 20" wheels (see below photo) along with the new safety Driver Awareness package. BTW: I am still not positive that the DIC is programmable yet but yet the above comments (in Black) makes me believe that it is going to be available as standard equipment. :bouncy:

See less See more
#10 ·
I haven't seen any Cadillac commercials with that color blue so I wouldn't know.
Congrats Marc! Look forward to seeing the pictures when you get it.
Of course I will post a ton of pictures if and when I get the SRX. :)
Love those polished wheels.
Me too! :thumbsup: I am looking to see if I can get some official photos of the new wheels again this year. I would love to see what they look like in a better photo especially since I haven't seen the new chrome wheels in any photos at all. :(
Congrats on the new ride Marc! I still think you should jump on the Xenon Blue Metallic though... :D

Its pretty close to the old Lazer Blue Metallic that my previous Cobalt SS SC was!
I also like blue... just remember that in the photo above the Xenon Blue chip is actually a lot darker looking. That being said since I am a little over 60 now I usually try to think of colors that go best with an old man's balding grey look. LOL :p

#9 ·
Congrats on the new ride Marc! I still think you should jump on the Xenon Blue Metallic though... :D

Its pretty close to the old Lazer Blue Metallic that my previous Cobalt SS SC was!

#19 ·
OUCH!!!!!!

Real life Evolution Green in a CTS V Wagon. It is a green/grey, not an army green.
Somedays mine looks grey, somedays it looks light green. Somedays even a blueish/grey.
Congrats Marc!!!! Thanks for doing your share to keep us employed.

#17 ·
You might have just made my day. I have a 2012 SRX in Xenon Blue Metallic and everything I read didn't list it on the 2013 SRX colors which is almost a deal breaker for me. Thats how much I love the color. I get so many compliments and looks with the color. It's hard to explain, it's brighter in the sun, and deeper at night, it just changes thought the day in different lighting and it's like no other blue I've seen. I love love love it. My current SRX has nearly 20,000 miles on it and I would really like CUE and in another year I'll be at 50,000 miles, so it's value will drop, which is why I want the new one, and I don't like any other colors new or old compared to the Xenon Blue Metallic. Soyou are sure it's available?

#18 ·
This site might help clear up what is and isn't available for the 2013 models.

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/srx/2013.tab3.html

Be sure to select each of the tabs for more information. This link is to tab3 which is the standard equipment configs.

Also, I can confirm that Xenon Blue remains a choice as I just ordered my 2013, dealer allocation slot was given to me, last Friday 8/3... ;)

Ordered Xenon Blue, light titanium/ebony interior (new this year), 20" polished wheels, AWD, Premium.

NOTE: If you want to see what the new light titanium interior looks like then checkout a Xenon Blue CTS-V 2012 model. This sold it for me. Much better than the old titanium/ebony interior.

Anyways, production order has been accepted. Notification came on Tuesday. Allocation build window estimate was week of 8/27 - 8/31. Should get confirmation in another week or so. Delivery takes ~2.5 weeks but will know more once VIN is assigned.

#22 ·
I am soooo excited about Xenon Blue Metallic being available again. I kinda wish some of the other darker blues were available with the SRX.

I wish I could see photos of the new premium wheels. Not sure if I want the bright chrome or the polished. I also can't decide between the Shale/Ebony or Light Titanium/ebony. I have the Shale now and like the warm tone.

Congrats on your new SRX, can't wait to hear how you like it! I just emailed my dealer about trading up and ordering a new one. In this area the only colors stocked are black which silver and red. I was fortunate to find a blue one last year.

#23 · (Edited)
Was able to confirm that my order was ordered with "Sliver Coast" and brownstone/shale accents. I also was told that GM won't start production of that color until early October. :(

I don't have a photo of the 2013 SRX in that color just yet so I thought I post the XTS photo of the Silver Coast again here. :)

#26 · (Edited)
Yes, I saw it at the Buffalo Auto Show in February. However it looked a bit more creamier than the above photo does. Actually I like the color even more in the above photo.

The XTS at the Buffalo Car Show the color appeared to be slightly "creamier" maybe due to a different color temperature of the show lights.

You will have to forgive the poor quality of the below photo ... it is slightly blurred which came off of my iPhone. :(

OH yes and the wheels are the regular polished aluminum rims ... also take note of the black Escalade in the background it had the "HIGH" polished aluminum rims on it.

#25 ·
MarcNY....

Great color combination...Really like that Silver Coast color. Shale & Brownstone is a great color duo too. The Silver Coast and shale/brownstone will be my color combo, if i can trade right....The wait for your new vehicle will be alittle stressful i would think...Good Luck with everything....

#27 · (Edited)
^ That's a very nice color, even when it appears 'creamier' in some of the photos.

Regarding wheels... I personally prefer the look of regular polished rims over super high polished rims, which can resemble chrome. IMO chrome rims are a bit garish and passé at this point, whereas lightly polished aluminum rims are much more tasteful, understated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.