Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Traded in the 2010 for a 2012 and now need advice

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  DarrinMI 
#1 ·
Loved my 2010 SRX, but it was a FWD and I really need an AWD. The trade in value was pretty good on the 2010 and I picked up a new AWD Luxury in Platinum Ice this week. Cadillac has made some great improvements to the car in the past 2.5 years. I love the new engine and the transmission is much smoother. My father the old car guy checked the new SRX out today and pointed out to me that the drivers side door is out of alignment. It is about a quarter to half an inch too high. He also pointed out to me where the bottom of the door is missing paint. Clear coat over bare metal on the edge. Here is the question, do I just let it go or do a raise a stink and get it fixed. My concern, the dealer starts messing around with the alignment of the door and the paint and may make matters worse and not better. What would you do?

#2 ·
If it was mine, I would get it fixed. Most dealers have a paint and body shop which should be capable of adjusting the door and painting the area where the paint is missing. If they don't have their own shop they have a contract vendor who does it for them.

Phil

#4 ·
Definitely get both of them fixed and do not worry about the body shop. Any Cadillac dealer worth their name can fix those two problems easily. I treat my dealer like I do the restaurants that I frequent: I complain about service and bad food not to be a whiner but to keep them in business. If no one complains then the good customers will stop coming and the restaurant will go under. It's the same with a dealer. Complain about service and bad products and demand the best. It will help him and Cadillac in the long run.

#5 ·
>Here is the question, do I just let it go or do a raise a stink and get it fixed. My concern, the dealer starts messing around with the alignment of the door and the paint and may make matters worse and not better. What would you do?

You won't have to "raise a stink". Simply show them the door and ask that it be repaired under warranty. Any decent dealership will do that and should have the skills and equipment to do it right; in any case, the dealer charges such costs to GM, so it's really no skin off their neck. It was a factory mistake. Don't hesitate to talk to your dealer...

#7 ·
DarrinMI...

You might ask the dealer if that door had been damaged somewhere along the way. Maybe on the transport, in the shop, or on the dealers lot!!!!
Just food for thought... If any of these items happened, I would ask for some freebies!!!! Out of alignment and missing paint tells me something!!

Likely

#9 ·
Newbie here, just bought my first small caddy an 011 with 10K miles and had a similar situation. The chrome on my tailgate was bubbling. Same dilema, do you end up in worse shape or frustrated with time at service. I went over and talked with the service people and also met the body shop mngr and they all understood how I felt and talked to me about how they would make the repair (was very simple once they explained it) So if I could offer you a suggestion it would be to try to get comfortable with the folks doing the repair and understand what they are going to do to address it. Good luck.

#11 ·
missing paint. Clear coat over bare metal: is a manufactueres defect(assembly plant body shop) and does need to be fixed. 100% paint coverage with no blemishes on all Class A Surfaces is a fundamental quality expections of all GM Assembly Body Shops; This defect should have never been released.

Cadillac Customers are more discriminate on fit and finish. dont raise a stink, just be polite and say you want it fixed. A Good Body Shop Manager will know its a defect and will take good care of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.