Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic) - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic) in Cadillac SRX Forums; Yes, they come with three small watch batteries. They probably will last a long time. LEDs dont draw much power....
  1. #16
    quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    63

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    Yes, they come with three small watch batteries. They probably will last a long time. LEDs dont draw much power.
    poolandgolf and poolandgolf like this.

  2. #17
    morven39 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance FWD
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    45

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    How did you measure to get the two parts in the exact location location before glueing in place? The one I got at $Tree has the sticky tape on the wrong side of the magnet and it will not come off to be reused so will use doublesided tape to hold it on place once I figure out how to measure for mounting.

  3. #18
    quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    63

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    Quote Originally Posted by morven39 View Post
    How did you measure to get the two parts in the exact location location before glueing in place? The one I got at $Tree has the sticky tape on the wrong side of the magnet and it will not come off to be reused so will use doublesided tape to hold it on place once I figure out how to measure for mounting.
    No need to measure...Just a bit of trial and error. Once you figure out where you want the light and magnet, use some black electrical tape to secure it better. It took me about 15 mins to figure out where I wanted to mount it and how far the light should be when the console is shut.

  4. #19
    quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    63

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    Quote Originally Posted by poolandgolf View Post
    Hey did DT have the batteries for these things?
    No sure, but buy a couple of them, when one goes out, replace with a new one...come on.....it is a buck.

  5. #20
    morven39 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance FWD
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    45

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    Thanks. Your system worked for me. Now I can see what is in the console.

  6. #21
    quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    63

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    Quote Originally Posted by morven39 View Post
    Thanks. Your system worked for me. Now I can see what is in the console.
    Glad you like it boss!!

  7. #22
    quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    63

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    +1 bump

  8. #23
    mm9351 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD LUXURY
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    61

    Cool Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    I apologize not bringing this up sooner....BUT...those of you who would like a great automatic center console LED light, is everyone forgetting that the console has a BUILT IN USB JACK???

    I just plugged in my Laptop / PC USB powered LED spot lamp, and it works AWESOME! In addition, you can leave it plugged in all the time; since it is accessory powered it will automatically shut off (5 second delay) when the vehicle is locked. My USB spot light has a very thin cable, so I snaked it through the top groove and into the cup holders... now I can have either lighted cup holders or a cool console light. Plus, I just checked on Amazon.com, there are many USB powered LED devices to choose from. Why would anyone want to tape a "closet light" from the dollar store, when you can have OEM style lighting, and it's already built inside your console! Enjoy....

  9. #24
    300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    659

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    Quote Originally Posted by mm9351 View Post
    I apologize not bringing this up sooner....BUT...those of you who would like a great automatic center console LED light, is everyone forgetting that the console has a BUILT IN USB JACK???

    I just plugged in my Laptop / PC USB powered LED spot lamp, and it works AWESOME! In addition, you can leave it plugged in all the time; since it is accessory powered it will automatically shut off (5 second delay) when the vehicle is locked. My USB spot light has a very thin cable, so I snaked it through the top groove and into the cup holders... now I can have either lighted cup holders or a cool console light. Plus, I just checked on Amazon.com, there are many USB powered LED devices to choose from. Why would anyone want to tape a "closet light" from the dollar store, when you can have OEM style lighting, and it's already built inside your console! Enjoy....
    What if I need to use that USB port for my iPhone? Just saying.

  10. #25
    TheCaptain's Avatar
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Moosomin Saskatchewan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,797

    Re: Best $1 mod you can ever do (pic)

    I also want to add the 13+ have two USBs in the centre console and one behind the HVAC cluster.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!


    **Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

    *Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

  11. #26
    300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain
    I also want to add the 13+ have two USBs in the centre console and one behind the HVAC cluster.
    I knew that on the '13. The poster before you has an '11 in his sig. Thanks for the clarification Captain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting