Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is that triple horn beep?

22K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  VHA 
#1 ·
Sometimes when I get into our 2012 SRX, the horn beeps three times, very short beeps, very quickly; like in 1/2 second.

Does anyone have any idea what that's all about, and more to to point, how to make it stop?

#4 ·
> Are u leaving the keys in the car? Sounds like the alert when you leave the keys in the car.

It happens when I first get into the driver's seat. The SRX key/remote is clipped to my belt key ring as always.

>Triple horn beep means the car was turned off and the door shut with the keys still inside the car.

Well..., it happens when first getting into the car (so the engine's off), as I'm sitting in the driver's seat. The keys are inside the car of course (on my belt). Problem is, it only happens about once in 20 or 30 times while entering the car.

#6 ·
More than likely in those 20 or 30 times you close the door when you exited the car but one that one time you hear the horn you probably didn't close the door when exiting so when you enter the car again and close the door it thinks you left the keys in the car but you really entering the car with a door or hatch open...hope this helps but I'm almost certain that is the problem and if not and you are walking up to a locked SRX and unlock it by pulling handle or key fob and shut the door after entering then you need to see a local dealership

#7 ·
Thank you Daddie3k3!!

I tested that explanation and you got it!!

1. Exit the car after turning the engine off and do not fully close the driver door (i.e., until the first click of the door lock only).

2. Open the door and sit in the driver’s seat (with the remote) and it will triple horn-beep.

Try it.

THANKS!

#9 ·
According to the owner manual triple beep horn upon re-entering the vehicle means there was a security issue in the alarm, such as an attempted theft. I'm guessing not fully closing the door, and then it tries to auto-lock gives the alarm warning? Just another possibility.

Max

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.