Value of the SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Value of the SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2011 SRX. I have researched the value of the SRX drops like bricks over the years. I ...
    SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Value of the SRX

I have a 2011 SRX. I have researched the value of the SRX drops like bricks over the years. I see the best thing to do is to make sure you want this SRX before you buy it or trade it fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Value of the SRX

Quote Originally Posted by SRXgirl2011 View Post
    I have a 2011 SRX. I have researched the value of the SRX drops like bricks over the years. I see the best thing to do is to make sure you want this SRX before you buy it or trade it fast.
    Not true. All cars drop in value once you drive off the lot. All the book values I have looked at have the 2010 & 11's in the 30's and up.

hawkowl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

LOL...I thought you were going to relax and enjoy your new ride! Agree that EVERY new car drops in value the moment you drive it off the lot, and the first generation SRX probably dropped more once the second generation became available (all about supply and demand). Cars that almost never significantly update their appearance (like the ultra bland lexus RX) might maintain their value a bit more as older vehicles look almost identical to the new models. If you can't stand the idea of a big depreciation the first year then you are better off purchasing a lightly used vehicle.
    allgm, allgm, Jake2010 and 3 others like this.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by hawkowl View Post
    LOL...I thought you were going to relax and enjoy your new ride! .....
    Yeah that. Where's my photo of the drama llama?

ALL luxury vehicles will lose approximately 30% of their value in the first year of ownership. New cars aren't a good financial investment, ie: they're not going to appreciate. Maybe invest in real estate?

It seems like the OP wants a car that's guaranteed not to break or malfunction, and that doesn't go down in value as the miles add up.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    To Rolex: I'm not trying to be a drama queen. I am speaking the truth. I am enjoying my new SRX. If I wanted to see some drama, I can watching a movie or something. Not writing on a Cadillac forum.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

Rent (lease) items that depreciate.
    Buy things that appreciate.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SRXgirl2011 View Post
    To Rolex: I'm not trying to be a drama queen. I am speaking the truth. I am enjoying my new SRX. If I wanted to see some drama, I can watching a movie or something. Not writing on a Cadillac forum.
    Probably suffering a little from the Gen I SRX; the world is catching on to their problems;; offered $9,000 for my 2006 with 51,000 miles! They said they
    "knew about them" and they were right; mine burned oil like crazy!!!!! Cadillac would do nothing; I hope the newer ones don't suffer because Cadillac dropped the QC on the first ones!!!!

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Unfortunately it is not just GM that leaves their old models and its owners in the dust. Every car maker does it. There is no profit in retrofitting an older model just to make the owners happy. However, it does harm the long term image of the company when they screw so many people over a long period of time. Even though it is great that GM is making new SRX's it means that the older models will fall in value faster because of the major design changes. With the coming new model on a different frame it will make the second gen's value fall even faster. The secret is to enjoy your car now and insure the hell out of it. When I was in the Porsche Club of America we had a long forum debate on carrying a fire extinguisher or not. The final consensus was to insure it to the max and let it burn! Of course we were not talking about a car with children in the back seat like our SRX's might possibly be. It's a dog eat dog world and we cannot reasonably expect ANY company to spend money that they can LEGALLY avoid.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

how do you like your new lexus? i saw one yesterday while taking a walk, love the new lights.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypro View Post
    how do you like your new lexus? i saw one yesterday while taking a walk, love the new lights.
    I know you were asking dctex99, and hopefully they will answer, as I am curious as well. I did test drive one prior to purchasing my SRX and found it a bit bland for my tastes...interior, exterior, driving were all very serene and composed, but didn't quite provide the level of excitement I was looking for (more upper middle class soccer mom than middle aged man having mid life crisis). Overall I prefer the bolder style, interior, and driving habits of the SRX. If I was worried about value for my money and resale, I would have purchased a camry or a honda fit!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkowl View Post
    I know you were asking dctex99, and hopefully they will answer, as I am curious as well. I did test drive one prior to purchasing my SRX and found it a bit bland for my tastes...interior, exterior, driving were all very serene and composed, but didn't quite provide the level of excitement I was looking for (more upper middle class soccer mom than middle aged man having mid life crisis). Overall I prefer the bolder style, interior, and driving habits of the SRX. If I was worried about value for my money and resale, I would have purchased a camry or a honda fit!
    We are ONLY allowed to say how wonderful Cadillacs are on this blog, and the mundane negativity about anyone else like above;;test drive one yourself!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    We are ONLY allowed to say how wonderful Cadillacs are on this blog, and the mundane negativity about anyone else like above;;test drive one yourself!!!!!!!
    ummm...I am just giving my own opinion, just like you gave yours. Fortunately there are lots of different cars to choose from so we can each purchase the one we feel is the best option. If I had liked the RX350 I probably wouldn't be hanging out on the SRX forum in the first place. Just sayin'.....

Just sayin' is SO last year

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

dctex99 if you have nothing useful to add to the discussion, please remove yourself from it. Before we do.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Should someone warn the Lexus 350 fourm about you know who ? JMO

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.