Value of the SRX - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Value of the SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have been on Lexus forum for many months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Re: Value of the SRX

I have been on Lexus forum for many months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    We are ONLY allowed to say how wonderful Cadillacs are on this blog, and the mundane negativity about anyone else like above;;test drive one yourself!!!!!!!

You're allowed to say whatever you'd like here. This forum exists for people who want to come here and rant about their lemons, complain to Cadillac about common problems, poor service, etc. It also exists so we can help each other through sharing information.

If I seem harsh with my replies to the OP, it's because the last 2 threads have been "the sky is falling" nonsense about the probability of a new vehicle breaking down and devaluing when there's nothing really wrong (apparently) with her SRX. I'm just poking a little fun at her so don't take it personally.

Good, bad, indifferent, you can put yourself out there in this forum. In doing so you open yourself up to all comments and opinions....including mine.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Rolex: I am sorry that you feel like my post are nonsense. I post what I want too just as you post what you want too. You do not have to reply to my post.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Something I have noticed is that the original group that posted here about their SRX's seem to have dropped out. I take that to mean that their cars are doing fine and that no new issues have come up. This is a typical cycle in car forums and we can all be thankful that there are no new issues with our great cars.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

I suspect the Lexus 350 forum already know about him all too well. Too bad his mommy still lets him play with the computer. I may be one of those inspectorrudy is talking about that hasn't been around lately. Lots of things going on with work and my father's health have kept me busy. He is also right that our 10 is still performing flawlessly. I asked my wife just the other day if she was about ready to trade, as we usually only keep a car about 2 years. We have had the SRX about 2 and a half now, and she said she still loves the car and doesn't see anything out there, that she would want to replace her SRXwith, so I guess we will have it for the foreseeable future. Maybe another SRX in 13, who knows.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    I suspect the Lexus 350 forum already know about him all too well. Too bad his mommy still lets him play with the computer. I may be one of those inspectorrudy is talking about that hasn't been around lately. Lots of things going on with work and my father's health have kept me busy. He is also right that our 10 is still performing flawlessly. I asked my wife just the other day if she was about ready to trade, as we usually only keep a car about 2 years. We have had the SRX about 2 and a half now, and she said she still loves the car and doesn't see anything out there, that she would want to replace her SRXwith, so I guess we will have it for the foreseeable future. Maybe another SRX in 13, who knows.
    Ponyman did you get a PM from you know who ? I got one. Still can't take a joke.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

No, not yet.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by SRXgirl2011 View Post
    Rolex: I am sorry that you feel like my post are nonsense. I post what I want too just as you post what you want too. You do not have to reply to my post.
    I do not have to reply...check. Thanks for clearing that up.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Yes, luxury cars depreciate. There's a big surprise!

No, the SRX is pretty much mid-pack as far as the hit it takes.

Maybe, look at a bucks-up friend of mine who doesn't have to ask how much it costs. He bought a loaded BMW 750IL, paid $130,000, drove it 35,000 miles in a year. When he traded it in, the blue book was $70,000. That's $60,000 depreciation in one year, plus he paid $10,400 in state sales tax, which is also gone forever. Even a rich guy winced a bit when he realized depreciation, sales tax, license, insurance and fuel cost him nearly $100,000 to drive last year. "I could have hired a car service every day for less."

As lifers say, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." Same goes for depreciation.

jack vines
    Rolex, Rolex, poolandgolf and 1 others like this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

On another note, look at the example the CTS has. The first gen took a major depreciation hit. The second gen came out and held value fairly well (thanks to much more effort into a luxury car from Cadillac). I expect the same or similar trend with the SRX.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

I don't think so Captain because the 2013 will be a different vehicle and ours will be old school. Between the new chassis and CUE our's will be viewed as an "Older" model. Personally I liked the 2010 model but when I went to buy mine they had changed to the present style which I also like. I think that if a car company has a hit on it's hands it should refine that model and make it even more desirable and dependable instead of a offering different look every two years like they did in the 60's.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I don't think so Captain because the 2013 will be a different vehicle and ours will be old school. Between the new chassis and CUE our's will be viewed as an "Older" model. Personally I liked the 2010 model but when I went to buy mine they had changed to the present style which I also like. I think that if a car company has a hit on it's hands it should refine that model and make it even more desirable and dependable instead of a offering different look every two years like they did in the 60's.
    From everything I 've read said the only change is in the interior and the grill same chassis platform for 2013 & 2014. They are changing platforms in MY 2015. Resale should be good till 2015 hit the steeet.

I am mistaken then. I thought I had read that the body change was to be in 2013. You are right that we have a few more same design years left and maybe the vig will be less!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.