Cadillac Owners Forum banner

second gen srx issues

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Tigereye 
#1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a second geneartion SRX and would like to know if anyone has had any problems or issues. I currently have a 2007 Lexus rx350 and I'm very disappionted in the quality of the workmanship and I have had several problems that shouldn't happen to supposedly high quality luxury suv.

#3 ·
My 2010 SRX had a couple of minor issues, one recall and one vendor issue where the chrome trim piece by the mirror came loose and fell off.

That being said my 2012 has been "perfect" only had to go back to the dealer to have my free oil change and the tires rotated. :D

#5 ·
I've got a 2010 SRX (12000 miles) that has an increasingly annoying drone sound when slightly accellerating in the 40 to 50 MPH range. I am at a constant speed and just ever so slightly increase my speed and drooooooooooone. To me it sounds like an exhaust issue or an out of balance drive shaft. Funny thing is, a friend of mine had a new 2004 or 2005 GMC Envoy that did this exact same thing. The dealer could not or would not accept that there was an issue. Anyway, I have not taken it to the dealer yet but I wil. Otherwise, I like the SRX.

#8 ·
We have around 40,000 miles (the results of a couple of extended trips) on our 2010 Luxury and other than the chrome trim piece that had to be replaced and the factory recall on the headlight power cable, the car has been absolutely flawless...no squeaks, rattles, sloppy workmanship (visual) to speak of. Plus, we're averaging around 26 mpg on the highway (a/c on) and find the 3.0 has plenty of power for our needs. Overall, I think purchasing the car was a wise choice and would recommend doing so to anybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.