Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lookin' for a grille...

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TheCaptain 
#1 ·
Both my wife and I would like to put an upper and lower wire mesh grille on the SRX, to match the Vagon. I would appreciate anyones input who had done this mod; price, quality, ease of instal, etc.

Pics or links would be great too, if ya got em!

Thanks!

#2 ·
:D

This grille can come with two little inserts in place of the fog lights too. I would like to get them, but would have to purchase a whole grille again. (Hint: we could work a deal... )

I can't help you with install at all, the dealer did mine.

#4 ·
E & G Classics, can be purchased at a number of online stores, i found the cheapest was through their CarId ebay shop. Also CarId.com too.

#5 ·
Any idea what size the wire mesh is? Also, what kind of alloy? Using this measurement guide found here:

http://www.bwire.com/

Any idea on the wire size opening? How many wires there are per inch? Also, what is the wire diameter aka the WIDTH of the screen. How thick is it? Looks great, did you paint over it with chrome spray paint by any chance to make that silver color of the metal pop a little bit more?

#6 ·
I didn't do anything to it. It's a stock E&G Heavy Mesh grille. It's close to 1cm square openings (i can stick my finger through) and the wire is about 5mm thick. Its good grade stuff, non magnetic, easy care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.