Cadillac Owners Forum banner

When to get the Oil changed?

15K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  MacMuse 
#1 ·
OK. My 12 SRX has 4975 miles on it. Oil sticker in window says to change it at 5000. Called today to make an appointment. Was told that they cannot change the oil until the readout says there is 20% left before the oil needs changing. Checked the car, says 48% currently.

Does this make sense? At that rate, it would be nearly 10,000 miles before getting to 0%. Told him I may have reset it at some point but he insisted that On-Star would know when it needs to be changed. Doesn't On-Star just look at the reading that I'm looking at? I mean, I don't care. Have always changed the oil at 3500 - 4000 miles knowing it was not necessary but also knowing it didn't hurt.

What would you suggest?

Thanks,

Jim

#2 · (Edited)
I bought a 2012 about two months ago and will have the oil/filter changed at about 3500 miles (thereafter, at the GM recommended interval). IMO, new engines need that first oil change sooner than the 7500 miles implied in the manual, and certainly sooner than 10,000 miles -- no matter what GM says. In fact, GM has a conflict of interest telling you to wait that long, since GM is paying for the oil change. When the pistons, rings, and other parts are new, they need time to to wear (seat) into opposing surfaces; that results in microscopic bits of metal wearing off and settling in the oil. I will use non-synthetic oil during the break-in period to allow parts to wear into place. Synthetic oil is so slippery, that won't happen as well. Cadillac won't do a free oil change that early, but there are plenty of places that will accept my $30 or so. It's dirt-cheap engine insurance. Oil/filter changes are probably the most important things an owner can do to extend engine life. Of course, if you're planning to sell the vehicle in two or three years, it probably doesn't make any difference if you wait; at least no difference to YOU.

#3 ·
We have had the maintenance included in Canada for at least the past 8 years. Prior to last year my dealer would change the oil whenever I took it in for semi-annual or annual maintenance (every 6 months). Last year I was told that the oil change could only be done once the indicator had reached 20%. Was told that it was a new GM policy.

#4 ·
P&G, I'd expect that you maybe reset it accidentally. Maybe Onstar could look at your history and see a jump back to 100%.
I have about 75% 'city' driving, but my '12 dropped below 5% at about 4800 mi. I am pretty easy on the throttle, and it was mostly winter mileage (with adequate drive time for warmup, so probably not much condensation). I cant believe you could get that much more than me out of a tank of oil. I used to get 10k or more on my Trailblazer, but not my SRX.
VHA, there have been conversations here about oil. I believe you should do whatever makes it easy to sleep, but people should consider stepping outside the bounds of manufacturer recommended maintenance. You could argue the recommendations from both sides. GM has no interest in cutting corners if they are the warranty provider on the motor, IMO. As you say, the change costs all of $30, so over the course of the 4 yr maintenance, they're maybe paying $300-400 at most. Break-in oil, new engine materials, hyper-accurate sensors and controls... These are not the motors of 20 years ago. How come the motor manuf pushes 5k-10k (or 'on condition') change intervals, and it seems the only people pushing 3k intervals are the people who sell changes?
It is simply mindboggling to me to hear that whether I am in the winter in the Great White North or the summer in Phoenix, I need to change my oil every 3k miles. Time is arguably a much more important factor than miles, since oils of yesteryear broke down and oxidized into caustic byproducts. But from what I read, not even that is an issue anymore with new additives.
Not trying to be confrontational, but I'll stick with the warranty recommendation for interval and materials. Several here were going to get oil analysis done, tho, and I'm eager to see those results.

This is old, considering I just railed against old info above, but interesting for those looking for some 'light reading'
http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/buick-v6-turbo-tech/71378-oil-myths-gm-techlink.html

#5 ·
Huey is correct. Modern oil life monitors, which should be part of every maintenance minder, will kick out warnings that service is due or nearly due when oil life expectancy is around 15%. This is calculated on a number of factors and driving conditions, not just miles and time. The old notion of 3000 mile/six month change intervals has not been valid for 25 years. Modern oils, especially semi and full synthetic along with modern engine designs makes longer intervals possible.

Generally speaking (although I can not say for certain that this is the case with the SRX), factory lubes which are usually high in Molybdenum should not be removed from the engine too soon as they help to "break-in" a motor properly. They are contained in the oil either as part of the manufacturing process or added to the oil itself. For those who insisted that the oil be changed sooner than the recommended interval of the car builder (or the maintenance minder itself) one of the best break-in oils to use was the Havoline dino because it was very high in molybdenum. After that, synthetic oils could be used although the alograms on the maintenance minders where set with only dino oil in mind. Using the synthetics meant you could exceed the intervals shown on the oil life expectancy monitor. But by doing so and resetting the monitor, the entire maintenance notification process would be thrown off.

The GM alogram takes into account individual driving habits as one of the factors to determine when oil should be changed as well as the usual factors of time, distance, engine type, etc. Therefore, I believe following the maintenance minder is the very best way to ensure the vehicle is properly maintained and at the same time not wasting a precious natural resource (not to mention money). Having said all this, if after break-in someone wants to change oil more frequently it certainly won't hurt the engine.

#6 ·
Agreed. I would be more than a little nervous about changing break-in oil, but you cant 'hurt' by changing more often after that.

Years ago (MANY years ago), I talked to Mobil 1 about change intervals. Their answer was that since M1 doesnt 'break down', I could double change intervals BUT I should change the filter at the recommended interval because it still got dirty. With my trailblazer, I ran M1 the entire 100k miles I owned it, and it made me more comfortable about following the OLMS. I was getting 10k-12k (and 12-14 months) per change, and figured after that long, it wasnt all that big a deal to go ahead and change it. But, it had a 7 qt capacity as well, so could be expected to last longer. One more point against rigid 3k change intervals, how much oil is in there? In that case, 40% more oil in the tank would certainly extend life.
With OLMS and technology (which I personally trust), I just dont feel the anecdotal info of the past still stands...

#7 ·
I changed our 12 AWD SRX at 3000 miles and will change the next time at 6000 with a sample sent to Blackstone Labs;
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/
Thereafter I'll check the oil and may pay more attention to the OLM, however I don't see ever letting it go over 5000 miles without an oil and filter change. I suspect people from my generation are more apt to disregard the OLM in favor of changing oil every 3-3500 miles which is what we've done for ever. Blackstone will give you a full report about the wear, health and condition your engine and the oil you've been using. Good luck with your SRX.
Bill

#8 ·
from the Cadillac Forums Technical Archive

How Often Should I Change My Oil? The GM Oil Life System:

Q: How does the GM Oil Life System (OLS) work?
A: Vehicle maintenance intervals of three months or 3,000 miles no longer apply to vehicles equipped with this system.Instead of an actual oil-condition sensor, the GM Oil Life System relies on a computer-based software algorithm that continuously monitors engine-operating conditions and driver use to determine when an oil change is necessary.GM has calibrated the system for a variety of vehicles based on millions of test miles over a period of years.The system is now installed on more than 20 million GM vehicles.

Q: How do I operate the system?
A: The GM Oil Life System is very easy to use.Refer to your Owner’s Manual for a description of your specific vehicle’s change oil light or message and instructions for resetting the system.When the algorithm determines that your vehicle needs maintenance,the change oil light or message will illuminate on the instrument panel or the driver information center at start-up.You should have your vehicle’s oil changed within 600 miles of the odometer reading at the time the change oil light or message first illuminates. Immediately after the oil change, reset the system according to instructions in your Owner’s Manual. After the reset,the change oil light or message will no longer illuminate at engine start-up until the oil needs to be changed again.

Q: How many miles can I expect to go between oil changes when using this system?
A: It will vary.The beauty of the GM Oil Life System is that it automatically adjusts the oil-change interval based upon engine characteristics, your driving habits, and the climate in which you have been operating your vehicle. For instance, mild highway driving in a warm climate will maximize the interval between required oil changes. Depending on the vehicle,this could be as high as 12,000 miles.On the other hand, short-trip driving in a cold climate may limit the interval between oil changes to 3,000 miles or less. In general, most people who combine city and highway driving find that the GM Oil Life System will indicate the vehicle needs an oil change every 5,000 to 6,000 miles.Most people maintain consistent driving habits.This means their mileage between required oil changes will be consistent.

Q: What happens if I change the oil and forget to reset the system?
A: Since the GM Oil Life System does not actually sense oil condition, it is important that the engine computer knows when your vehicle has had an oil change.It registers this information through the reset operation described inyour Owner’s Manual.The change oil light or message will illuminate at start-up until the system is reset.The more miles you drive without resetting the system,the more inaccurate the GM Oil Life System will be.If you drive more than 500 miles after an oil change without resetting the GM Oil Life System,you should default your oil-change interval back to 3,000 miles.After you change the oil and reset the system, you may resume normal use of the system.

Q: I change my oil every 3,000 miles.How does this system help me?
A: You may continue to change your oil every 3,000 miles if you choose, but the GM Oil Life System allows you to extend your mileage between changes without harming your engine. It takes the guesswork out of your vehicle maintenance needs,calculates when you need maintenance, and it provides efficiency and convenience.It also is an economically sound practice that protects the environment by minimizing the amount of oil used and discarded. Remember, however, to reset the system after the oil change or you will get a false reading from your change oil light or message.

Q: Do I have to use special oil?
A: The GM Oil Life System calibrates your needs based on the use of standard factory-fill automotive engine oil that displays the “Starburst”API® Certification Mark. This verifies that the American Petroleum Institute certifies it for use in gasoline engines.Make sure to read your Owner’s Manual to select oil with the viscosity and grade that is correct for your engine. Any oil you use should carry the API “Starburst”mark. The Corvette and a few other GM vehicles (2004 CTS/STS/SRX) are the only ones that require synthetic oil.

Q: The oil-change service station recommends that I change the oil every 3,000 miles. Why should I not believe them?
A: The 3,000-mile oil change is a very conservative approach to maintaining your vehicle that dates back to 1968. Since then, there has been many advances in both engine design and oil technology. These advancements, in conjunction with the GM Oil Life System, allow you to increase engine oil-change intervals without risking harm to the engine.

Q: I change my own oil. Should I reset the system myself?
A: You may reset the system according to the instructions in your Owner’s Manual, or you may ask your selling dealer for assistance.

Q: Will I damage the vehicle if I don't change the oil soon after the change oil light or message comes on?
A: As your Owner’s Manual specifies, you should change the oil as soon as possible after you see this indicator.We recommend that you change it no more than 600 miles after the message first appears.

Q: Do I have to check my oil level now that my vehicle is equipped with the GM Oil Life System?
A: Yes, because the system does not sense oil level.As your Owner’s Manual specifies, we recommend that you check your oil every time you stop for gasoline.

Q: Will I void my warranty if I don't follow the GM Oil Life System regimen?
A: To maintain your warranty, you must comply with your Owner’s Manual recommendations. We suggest you read it.

Q: I had my vehicle’s oil changed recently but my GM Oil Life System indicator is still on.Why?
A: If the light is still on,the system may not have been reset when you changed your oil.You may reset it within 500 miles of your last oil change. If your vehicle has exceeded this mileage, change the oil at 3,000 miles and then reset the system.

Q: I still prefer to have my oil changed at about 3,500 miles.What should I do?
A: It is OK to change your oil before your vehicle notifies you that you are due for an oil change. Be sure, however, to reset the system when you change the oil, even if the GM Oil Life System light/message has not illuminated.

Q: I have driven 6,000 miles since my last oil change.My change oil light/message has not come on, but my oil seems dirty. Do I have a problem?
A: Your vehicle’s oil may discolor under normal conditions, depending on driving conditions. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for additional information.

Q:Can any dealer other than my selling dealer perform Simplified Maintenance?
A: We recommend that you care for your vehicle through your selling dealer so you can build a relationship with the team that sold you your vehicle. However, any GM Goodwrench dealer can perform Simplified Maintenance and reset the GM Oil Life System for you.

Q: During the summer,I drive my vehicle in a very hot climate. Do I need to change the oil more often?
A: The GM Oil Life System calculates your vehicle’s needs based on a wide range of driving conditions, including more stressful situations such as severe climates, trailer towing, or stop-and-go operation.There is no need for you to override the recommendation of the GM Oil Life System.

Q: I continue to get 3,000-mile follow-up mailers from my GM dealer. What should I do?
A: Inform your servicing dealer that you prefer to follow the Simplified Maintenance schedule determined by the GM Oil Life System and would like them to adjust the type of follow-up mailings they send you.

Q: I have a 2002 model GM vehicle with the GM Oil Life System.Can I use the Simplified Maintenance schedule with it?
A: Because Simplified Maintenance was not yet introduced before the 2004 Model Year, continue to use the recommendations in your Owner’s Manual for that vehicle.

#9 ·
from a GM Powertrain Engineer (this site's former 'guru')
One thing I can touch on and clear up.....the GM oil life monitor operation and my statement that ZDP (or ZDDP as you tend to call it here...most of the API literature just sticks to ZDP so I tend to use that) depletion is the basis for oil deterioration.

My spelling is poor but ZDP stands for zinc dialkyldithiophosphate which , as it sounds, is an anti-wear compound comprised of zinc and phosphorus.

ZDP is dispersed in the oil so as to be at a potential wear site if a surface asperity happens to break thru the oil film thickness causing the dreaded metal-to-metal contact. A molecule of ZDP must be present at that moment to prevent microwelding at the contact site which will cause material transfer, scuffing, scoring, wear and catostrophic failure. The concentration of ZDP in the oil will determine if there is ZDP present to work it's magic. The greater the concentration...the more likely a molecule of ZDP will be there...and vice versa.

By nature, ZDP is sacrifical. As ZDP is "used up" at a wear site to prevent micorwelding the concentration of ZDP decreases.... So...if you measure the ZDP concentration in engine oil in a running engine it will decrease at linear rate based on engine revolutions. Any given engine has a certain number of high potential wear areas where metal-to-metal contact could occur due to reduced film thickness and/or surface asperities....areas such as rubbing element cam followers, distributor gears, rocker arm pivots, push rod tips, etc...... The more of these areas the more ZDP depletion. The more often these features come in contact the greater the ZDP depletion. That is why, generally speaking, ZDP concentration in the oil, for any given engine, will decrease at a fairly linear rate when plotted versus cummulative engine revolutions. The more times it turns the more contact the more chance for wear the greater the depletion. This is as much of a fact as I could quote ever and is really not speculation or anything. It is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in many studies. That is why it is ONE of the basis for determining oil life remaining and why it is THE basic premis of the GM oil life algorithm. It is only ONE of the things that determines oil life...but it is the one thing that can be tied to engine operation in a linear fashion and estimated very accurately by accumulating engine revolutions via a counter.

The GM engine oil life monitor counts engine revolutions and accumulates the number for the basis of the oil life calculation. It then adds deterioration factors for operating temperature, start up temperature, soak times, ambient, coolant temperature, etc... There are a LOT of factors that "adjust" or affect the slope of the deterioration but the fundamental deterioration is traced back to the ZDP depletion that is inescapable with engine revolutions. The specific rate of ZDP depletion is readily measurable for any given engine so that is the fundamental item that is first calibrated for the oil life algorithm to tailor it specifically to that engine.

You would obviously like to get the oil out of the engine before the ZDP concentration gets so low that it is ineffective at being at the right place at the right time and preventing engine wear so that becomes the long term limit on oil life for that application.

The other things that determine oil life such a acid build up, oxidation, petane insuluables such as silicon from dust/dirt, carbon or soot build up from the EGR in blowby, water contamination, fuel contamination, etc.... are all modeled by the multipliers or deterioration factors that "adjust" the immediate slope of the line defined by the engine revolution counter as those items can be modeled in other ways and accounted for in the immediate slope of the ZDP depletion line.

The algorithm was developed over the course of many years by several lubrication experts at GM Fuels and Lubes, spearheaded by Doctor Shirley Schwartz who holds the patents (with GM) for the algorithm and the oil life montitor. I had the luck of working directly with Dr. Schwartz when the idea of the oil life monitor first progressed from the theoretical/lab stage to real world testing/development/validation. There were fleets of cars operated under all conditions that deteriorate the oil life for any and every reason and , thru oil sampling and detailed analysis of the oil condition, the algorithm was developed, fine tuned and validated to be the most accurate way invented yet to recommend an oil change interval by. As just one example, I have seen cars driven side-by-side on trips, one towing a trailer and one not, for instance, to prove the effectiveness of the oil life monitor in deteriorating the oil at a faster rate just because of the higher load, higher average RPM, higher temps, etc...and it works flawlessly.

The oil life monitor is so effective because: it is customized for that specific vehicle/engine, it takes everything into account that deteriorates the oil, it is ALWAYS working so as to take into account THAT INDIVIDUALS driving schedule, and it tailors the oil change to that schedule and predicts, on an ongoing basis, the oil life remaining so that that specific individual can plan an oil change accordingly. No other system can do this that effectively.

One thing is that I know personally from years of testing and thousands of oil analysis that the oil life algorithm works. There is simply no argument to the contrary. If you don't believe me, fine, but, trust me, it works. It is accurate because it has been calibrated for each specific engine it is installed on and there is considerable testing and validation of the oil life monitor on that specific application. NOt something that oil companies or Amsoil do. They generalize....the oil life monitor is very specific for that application.

Oil condition sensors in some BMW and Mercedes products are useful, also. They have their limitations, though, as they can be blind to some contaminates and can, themselves, be contaminated by certain markers or constituents of certain engine oils. Oil condition sensors can only react to the specific oil at that moment and they add complexity, cost and another potential item to fail. One other beauty of the GM oil life monitor is that it is all software and does not add any mechanical complexity, mass, wiring or potential failure mechanism.

There is considerable safety factor in the GM oil life monitor. Typically, I would say, there is a 2:1 safety factor in the slope of the ZDP depletion curve....in other words, zero percent oil life per the ZDP depletion is not zero ZDP but twice the concentration of ZDP considered critical for THAT engine to operate under all conditions reliably with no wear. This is always a subject of discussion as to just how low do you want the ZDP to get before the oil is "worn out" if this is the deciding factor for oil life. We would tend to be on the conservative side. If the oil life is counting down on a slope that would recommend a 10K change interval then there is probably 20K oil life before the ZDP is catostrophically depleted....not that you would want to go there...but reason why many people are successful in running those change intervals.

Please...NOT ALL ENGINES ARE THE SAME. The example above is an excellent practical justification of why you would want to add EOS and change the 15W40 Delvac in the muscle car at 3000 miles max and yet can run the Northstar to 12500 easily on conventional oil. You must treat each engine and situation differently and what applies to one does not retroactively apply to others. This is where Amsoil falls short in my book by proposing long change intervals in most everything if you use their oil. It just doesn't work that way. You can run the Amsoil to 12500 with no concerns whatsoever in the late model Northstar because even the oil life monitor tells you that for conventional oil off the shelf. Would I do that to the 502 in my 66 Chevelle...NO WAY. Amsoil says I can though. Wrong.

There are entire SAE papers written on the GM oil life monitor and one could write a book on it so it is hard to touch on all aspects of it in a single post. Hopefully we hit the high spots. Realize that a GREAT deal of time, work and energy went into developing the oil life monitor and it has received acclaim from engineering organizations, petroleum organizations, environmental groups all across the board. It is not some widget invented in a week and tacked onto the car.
further reading and discussion here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/233571-so-you-want-know-about-our.html
(there's a few links in one of my posts in that thread to more discussions of the OLM)

#14 ·
P&G,
Back to your original issue, did you get any help? I think OnStar reads status each time your car is driven. I know whenever I look at my smartphone app, it says values were collected during last drive for tire pressures, etc. I'm not sure if those are pushed or pulled from the car, but it seems OnStar could say something like "on Mar 27, OLM as 48% and on Mar 28 it was 100%". Since you didnt change the oil, the dealership should believe the mistake happened. Besides, its obviously a mistake. There's got to be SOMETHING they can look at that says there is no way you should be at 48% and 5k miles (Rippy?).

On my Trailblazer, the reset procedure was quite complicated (turn ignition to 'on', dont start, and press accelerator 5 times in 3 seconds). All you have to do on the SRX (I think) is press the reset button on the turn signal, like resetting the trip odometer. Could be a pretty easy chance for someone to do it inadvertently...

#18 ·
No Huey, I have not gotten the question resolved. I cannot remember resetting the oil remaining, but then again, I may have done it to just see what it does. I'm sortta that way. But reading more in the owners manual and the posts here, it may be possible that I could get 10000 miles before needing an oil change. One trip of about 1800 miles and rest around town. Not cold in Florida, not hot yet either. I will monitor the situation and as soon as it gets to 20%, will jam it to my dealer. Thanks for your input.

Jim

#16 · (Edited)
That is where you access most of your information from. It was placed there to make it very easy and convenient for the driver to scroll through the menus and check on all their important functions. To get to the air pressure and or oil life you need to first press the elongated tab button and then scroll through menus to find your remaining oil life screen. You just can't accidental reset the oil life without first scrolling through all the menus and then depressing the end button inward to actually reset it.

Well then again... maybe you just might have accidentaly reset your oil life indicator by mistake.

#17 ·
Well, it still is not as easy as a dedicated info button on the dash somewhere. Thank goodness I (probably) won't get an SRX until 2013 when CUE will take care of all that. I understand the entire information access process has been set in a redesigned steering wheel to accommodate CUE so perhaps the turn signal shaft will be taken out of the equation.

#19 ·
P&G,
one more hint. when I got my monthly maintenance email from onstar, I noticed they have a 'historical info' link, that may be new.
Go to www.onstar.com and log in, go to the 'vehicle profile', then under 'vehicle diagnostics', click the 'history' link. On mine, it shows what the oil life remaining was each month. It might show where a reset occurred or if there was an anomaly.

#21 ·
I have a general understanding of the way the algorithm calculates oil change mileage. My wife's driving has many short trips and many of them in cold weather. The engine has never seen the high side of 6,000 RPMs. With still fewer than 5,000 miles, the monitor is indicating she'll need an oil change soon.

What is the fewest and the most miles this group has seen for a recommended oil change? What driving length and type was involved?

jack vines

#23 ·
The 1st change was close to 8000 miles. When I expressed concern over the extended time on the break-in oil, the service writer asked if I was going to follow the OLM recommendation. I said I had planned to to do that. He told the tecnician to adjust the OLM.
As a result, my next change was in barely 4,000 miles. I think GM liked the long intervals on services since they were paying for it.
I'm glad my service shop reset it for a shorter interval.

Bill

#22 ·
Don't mean to limit the discussion, but it seems to me that if you follow the GM computer on oil changes and have engine issues, GM doesn't have any reason to balk should you have engine damage due to claims of insufficient oil changes. Is there really more to it than that? I don't plan on keeping my SRX for 20 years. Heck, after all the stuff I've dealt with, I doubt I'll make it to 4 years until I make a switch.

#24 ·
Appears that it all depends on the service manager at the particular dealership. I had inquired about adjusting the OLM (some kind of TB out there) in order to acquire oil changes at greater frequency, but was advised that they would not reprogram that feature. More disturbing, my dealership advised me they will not perform an oil change unless the monitor is 15% or below. They actually turned me away at 16% but at my insistence, they changed the oil. Yet some posters here indicated the 20% figure. Not a big deal, but it you are planning to keep your vehicle, you would want oil changes not greater than 5K miles, in my opinion...

#25 ·
mm9351 said:
Appears that it all depends on the service manager at the particular dealership. I had inquired about adjusting the OLM (some kind of TB out there) in order to acquire oil changes at greater frequency, but was advised that they would not reprogram that feature. More disturbing, my dealership advised me they will not perform an oil change unless the monitor is 15% or below. They actually turned me away at 16% but at my insistence, they changed the oil. Yet some posters here indicated the 20% figure. Not a big deal, but it you are planning to keep your vehicle, you would want oil changes not greater than 5K miles, in my opinion...
I guess I'm lucky that our dealer will do the service at 20%. I thought that was a GM spec not a dealer option.

Bill

#27 ·
Count your lucky stars. Us 2010 model folks don't have to worry about it. We get NOTHING for "free". But as we all know, "free" is a relative term. It's actually built into the price of the car. Thus, their reluctance to change the oil before it's time. Can't say that I blame them. You guys need to let go of the old ways and realize that perhaps you don't need to change the oil every 3K miles anymore. :)

#28 ·
Just as a thought, I'm wondering about what mileage people are getting before changes? My changes are at about 6200mi give or take. We have 44000+ miles on our car now. At around 6000+ miles before changes that is about perfect for modern semi synthetic or full synthetic oils. So Cadillac is right on with their program.

#29 ·
I'm going about 8-10,000 miles between oil changes. I usually let the indicator drop to 5-20% Oil Life Remaining - depending on how aggressive I felt I drove on during the cycle.

----------

umm, of course that's for my STS. Forgot which forum i was perusing. But I am a strong supporter of the Cadillac/GM Oil Life indicator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.