Windows open themselves?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By sube5186
  • 4 Post By classiccars
  • 2 Post By Marc NY
  • 3 Post By GMJim
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Windows open themselves? in Cadillac SRX Forums; This happened to me maybe a month ago. Went and drove 3 minutes to a McDonalds with a friend. All ...
    vinny13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

Windows open themselves?

This happened to me maybe a month ago. Went and drove 3 minutes to a McDonalds with a friend. All I really did was basically get in and out of the car, didn't touch any windows on the way there because it was spitting out. I go into the McDonalds, the SRX is off and locked. Come out ~40min later and all 4 of the windows are fully open and my seats and doors are soaked.

Wtf?

Anyone else experience their SRX opening its windows by itself, parked, off and locked?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Windows open themselves?

Where did you have your remote.....pocket, hands, a bag? If it was in your pocket or a bag, were there any other items next to it? If you depress the unlock button for 2 seconds it unlocks all doors and lowers all four windows. You may have inadvertently done this. You wouldn't be the first to do this. I did the same with the rear hatch. Now I turn it off if there's any chance of accidentally pressing the button on the remote.

Sube
    vinny13 and vinny13 like this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by vinny13 View Post
    Wtf?
    Why use this type of language? Spend a few minutes in your school's study hall and look over your owner's manual. It will help you understand this vehicle better.
    allgm, allgm, TheCaptain and 1 others like this.

vinny13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by classiccars View Post
    Why use this type of language? Spend a few minutes in your school's study hall and look over your owner's manual. It will help you understand this vehicle better.
    Sorry, but I didn't know how else to describe that situation :/

Had no idea that this was a feature of the car. Didn't bother consulting the manual because I didn't expect this to be in there, and this car has had a variety of electrical issues anyways. I'm more interested now in who finds this feature useful.

Tried it out tonight, windows came down. Thanks guys for the help!

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by vinny13 View Post
    ... I'm more interested now in who finds this feature useful.
    Believe it or not even though I am living up North I do use that feature often on hot days of 80+ degrees. I will sometimes start my SRX up a few minutes early to help start to cool my SRX down. If it is really hot and muggy out I will sometimes want to drop all four windows down too. I will do that to get all the hot air out quicker and not make my AC do all the hard work. Thus by the time I get to my SRX the car has had a few minutes to cool down and most of the hot air has now been expelled from the interior and ice cold air is coming out of the vents. I then get into my SRX and raise up all the windows and drive off.

At times I use that feature before I even start up my SRX. eg if I am at home and just want to let the extreme hot air out of it first... long before I actually start up my SRX.
    vinny13 and vinny13 like this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

What's wrong with What's This For???
    vinny13, vinny13 and crump13 like this.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    What's wrong with What's This For???
    OH MAN... and here I thought WTF stood for something else...

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

haha... you two...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

markkdman is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yes. Just went on vacation. Parked car at airport. We reurned the following week and had snow in car. These windows were all closed when we left and ALL open when we returned.

Movinon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance

I have had an Infiniti, G37 for almost 4 years and my only complaint about the car is how sensitive the remote buttons are. My first year I was constantly rolling the windows down, popping the trunk or setting the alarm off. I must have finally got trained because it seldom happens anymore. My biggest concern was motels and airports, where I would be going back and forth to the car unloading luggage. It would be helpful if these remotes had an on/off switch for the buttons, since there is no reason to remove the remote from your pocket.
    Tom

GMFAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome

This may help prevent those accidental FOB activations. Fold the flap down and it covers the buttons. Also helps protect the FOB. My Wagon doesn't have the windows down feature, but the SRX will and after listening to the comments here, this FOB Wrap is something I will most likely purchase.
    GO to: Keywraps.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.