Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2012 owners please chime in with MPG

4K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  GNR123 
#1 ·
Hello all SRX 2012 owners...

can you tell me what kind MPG you are getting? the stickers say 17/24 but I have been hearing its much lower than that.

any insight would be great. i drive about 20K a year so i dont mind 24 HWY at all, but from what i am hearing, its not even close to that with 70mph HWY driving.

#2 ·
We have an SRX AWD Performance with 47xx miles that is (6) months old.

Our "local" mpg (combo of street & freeway) ranges from 18.2 to 22.3, measured at fill-up.
Our "trip" mpg (2 separate trips totaling 3000 miles) ranges from 18.6 to 27.7, measured at fill-up.

In all cases, we drive only on the "Eco" setting, so we have no non-Eco experience.
Our dealer sets up all Cadillacs, at delivery, with "Nitro-Fill" rather than standard air fill in the tires. We carefully monitor tire pressure, highway speeds (try not to exceed 70 mph), style of driving, don't carry excess weight and also emphasize combining local trips whenever possible.

Hope this helps you !!!

#4 ·
Thanks for sharing those numbers, I was concerned about the mileage. This pushed me over thy edge on my decision to move forward on a purchase of an SRX. Well at least to try to purchase one. I should have supplier discount that will make things easier....hopefully.

#5 ·
8000 miles 4 months old. Getting anywhere from 19-21 highway with aggressive driving to and from work with some incline here and there. If I drive 70 and watch my acceleration I could prob get 22/23. Local driving I get anywhere from 16-19mpg. Again I am an aggressive driver, what can I say? not bad overall, it's just heavy.

#6 ·
2800 miles on mine since delivery. Predominantly suburban commuting in hilly eastern Pa. I have not reset the trip computer yet and it is showing 20.2 avg mpg. I'm confident it would pull at least 24mpg on a highway trip with the cruise engaged. 2012 SRX Performance.

#7 ·
This is such a fruitless thread. MPG is so dependent on so many factors. I do a lot of start/stop driving in hilly terrain and only have a 15 minutes commute (lucky me). I have NEVER gotten over 17 MPG according to the on-board readouts of the SRX. I use mid-grade (89 octane) gasoline and am very light footed on the accelerate and brakes. My MPG experience with the SRX has been disappointing.

#9 ·
Actually this information could be pretty useful since most of the posters are describing their driving personalities and the type of driving that they are doing,(highway/local, hills/flat, cruise control, etc). Of course it will vary, but I think the question is to get a general idea of how it performs in regards to gas mileage. I agree just posting numbers is useless, but it seems most of us know to describe driving habits as well.

#17 ·
Just completed a 700 mile round trip with my 2011 and running mostly about 75 mph averaged 22.6 mpg. BTW, if you do not reset the average miles per gallon counter whenever you start out you will get a really low MPG figure. This is because you are averaging mpg for the entire time you have driven it. That means that if you do mostly city stop and go driving and then take a long trip your indicated mpg will still be way low.

#23 ·
My SRX is averaging 19.2 MPG. If I drive on the highway at 57MPH I can average up to 29 MPGfor the durationof the trip. My 2005 STS was much better on overall milage 25.
Hopefully when it is totally broken in it will do better. I did not buy it for mileage. For that I have a Prius..

#24 ·
I drive mostly in Houston' s rush hour traffic, plus my weekend errands around the city. I am getting anywhere between 17-19. I drive in ECO about 90% of the time too. Without the ECO on, I have dipped down to 15mpg before. I have yet to have anything over 19! Then again, I haven't taken it on the highway without any traffic yet. I am not impressed with the mpg...but I DO love the car!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.