Opinion of cooled seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Opinion of cooled seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; Can anyone give me their opinion of the cooled seats? Do they make that much of a difference, and do ...
    Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX plans now on hold.

Opinion of cooled seats

Can anyone give me their opinion of the cooled seats? Do they make that much of a difference, and do you think they're worth the bump in price to jump to a Premium edition?

How are the standard seats (perforated) without the cooling?

Thanks
    Max

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Opinion of cooled seats

They are Not Coooled but Ventilated with a fan that blows air in to the bottom of seat. I have them don't think I would miss them.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

The ventilated seats contain a reverse fan that "draws" warm air away from the seating surface. When you first enter the vehicle in warm weather, they prevent the scenario of the sizzling hot seating surface scorching your thighs. They're not ice cold to the touch. However, they allow the seats to remain at a comfortable temperature during the warmest weather. Once you've been riding around for a while, you will notice your bottom actually starts to feel cool. Also, they work in conjunction with the remote start. Using the keyless remote, you can start the car, lower all four windows and simultaneously automatically activate the ventilated seats. This allows you to enter a vehicle that's already comfortable, instead of baking in the heat while waiting for it to cool down. Personally, I love the ventilated seats. To each his own. I wouldn't force them on anybody, but for me they are a nice touch. It also depends on where you live and how hot it gets there. For example, I'm sure TheCaptain can do without his . Along with the ventilated front seats, the Premium also gives you heated outboard rear seats and a few other amenities.

Premium includes all Performance Collection features, plus:

Ventilated front seats
    Heated outboard rear seats
    Rear-seat independent audio controls
    Tri-zone automatic climate control

Sube

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I have taken out on extended test rides recently the DTS with cooled seats, the Lincoln MKX (standard) with cooled seats and the SRX without cooled seats...and personally I love them(wife does not). With that said it would not be enough for me to get the premium SRX just for ventilated seats.

I have to admit though the MKX having them standard is one of the details swaying me in its favor.

-Todd

Well, I'm only one province over from Captain...but we do get some good hot days during the summer. What is the worst here though (I personally think) is the hotness in the car from sitting in the sun. We get lots of sun during the summer, and a buttoned up car gets mighty hot. Then sit down on dark leather seats, and say goodbye to your leg hairs!

Max

----------

One more question on seats that I didn't check while on my test drive: Does the rear seat slide, similar to the other same-platformed GMs (Terrain, etc)? The Canadian Cadillac website on one page says something about sliding seat, but really doesn't mention it anywhere else, and is not hyped like the other same-platformed GMs are.

Thanks!
    Max

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumkk View Post
    One more question on seats that I didn't check while on my test drive: Does the rear seat slide, similar to the other same-platformed GMs?
    Nope. No sliding rear seat. The rear seat backs independently fold down, but the seat bottoms are fixed.

Sube

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

For that reason alone it is best to let your rear seat passengers sitting behind the driver get out BEFORE the driver gets out. There is minimal foot room and if the passenger waits for the driver to get out first and the driver has the auto seat exit mode on it will crush the feet of the passenger or make it much harder for the passenger to exit gracefully.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

We both love the ventilated seats, wouldn't have another car without them.
    Bill

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I love my ventilated seats! And I would get a Premium again, it has a bunch of nice features over the Lux/Performance.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Anyone on here try to install their own vent fan in the seats?

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I used to have the same "I don't want/need them" attitude about heated seats living in Chicago, Ohio, and now New England. I first got them on our last vehicle (option package), and it now is a "must have" option for us. So personally, given your current opportunity to have cooled seats, I would vote thumbs up on the cooled seats as well. Same with the heated steering wheel.

PJ

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

The cooled seats have 3 settings: low, med, high. Here in Austin, TX we have many months of very hot (100F+) temps. The cooled seats are a nice touch and do help keep your back from sweating and sticking to the seat. But I was hoping with 3 speeds that high would be a lot more cool then it is. You can barely tell it's working. I guess it's better than the alternative, especially if you have dark leather. (I have the light leather.)

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I got the cooler recaro's in a CTS-V, I would take or leave em. They really depends on airflow and don't really do a great job. I had a DTS and those cooler seats rocked you would feel like you wet your pants they got so cold... Unfortunately GM doesn't have a real consistent approach to some of the features in their automobiles.

eaglesgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Don't have the cooled seats on my Performance model, but I love the heated seats. I live in FL, but with a sore back, the seat warmer acts like a heating pad and really loosens up those tight muscles. Talk about riding in comfort. Next I'm waiting for Cadillac to come out with a massage function for those long rides. When that happens, I'll be sleeping in the car at night, instead of my bed, lol.

I currently have a Torrent GXP, looking soon to upgrade to SRX. I love the heated seats for our winters up here, but wasn't sure how well the cooled seats would work. Sounds like they're pretty good. Thanks for all the comments!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.