Opinion of cooled seats - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Opinion of cooled seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; In Houston, they're worth every penny....
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Opinion of cooled seats

In Houston, they're worth every penny.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Right Turn! Long time no see!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    She been on a poasting frenzy getting to 40K. Congrats RT!!

And not to be accused of highjacking... I wish I had cooled seats. Had them in a loaner once and it was wonderful.

droldsmobile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv srx

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumkk View Post
    I currently have a Torrent GXP, looking soon to upgrade to SRX. I love the heated seats for our winters up here, but wasn't sure how well the cooled seats would work. Sounds like they're pretty good. Thanks for all the comments!
    I have a 2011 srx with cooled seats and I would have to say these are the worst ever....some days you can not even feel they are on.
    I have had "cooled seats" in other cars and they were outstanding in hot weather....these I don't even turn on anymore....dealer says they are working great.
    GM missed it again

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Used mine today and they worked great.

Ken Davis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2012 SRX Premium package, 10,000 miles in Georgia heat. I took my SRX back twice disappointed with what I thought was "cooled" seats. Under no condition could I feel any cooling. The second time was just today and I was told they are only "ventilated" not cooled on the SRX. Not really disappointed though. Not really a big deal however, my wife has a 2012, top of the line Kia Optima SX (turbocharged), the seats are "cooled" and even on low, they will amaze. I love my SRX, but this darn Kia has been absolutely fascinating in every measure.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Davis View Post
    2012 SRX Premium package, 10,000 miles in Georgia heat. I took my SRX back twice disappointed with what I thought was "cooled" seats. Under no condition could I feel any cooling. The second time was just today and I was told they are only "ventilated" not cooled on the SRX. Not really disappointed though. Not really a big deal however, my wife has a 2012, top of the line Kia Optima SX (turbocharged), the seats are "cooled" and even on low, they will amaze. I love my SRX, but this darn Kia has been absolutely fascinating in every measure.
    Thanks for your posts. I have been disappointed with my Caddy and am looking for another brand the next time around. I'm glad to hear about how other brands are performing in comparison to the SRX.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by droldsmobile View Post
    I have a 2011 srx with cooled seats and I would have to say these are the worst ever....some days you can not even feel they are on.
    I have had "cooled seats" in other cars and they were outstanding in hot weather....these I don't even turn on anymore....dealer says they are working great.
    GM missed it again
    Hello droldsmobile,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the seats in your SRX. I know this is an old post, but if you would like me contact your dealership and look into this concern why your dealership says that they are working fine and you don’t feel anything, I would be more than happy to. I have also documented and passed along your feedback to the correct group. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the cooled seats in the SRX. I will be sure to pass along the feedback to the appropriate team. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to private message Laura or I so we can look into the situation. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

We enjoy the cooled seats to the point of being a deal breaker.
    Bill

1st Eldorado in 1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumkk View Post
    Can anyone give me their opinion of the cooled seats? Do they make that much of a difference, and do you think they're worth the bump in price to jump to a Premium edition?

How are the standard seats (perforated) without the cooling?

Thanks
    Max
    Cooled seats was the one thing I listed in the thread asking what we would like to see in the SRX. The driver's seat in my Hyundai Genesis was cooled and it was great. The ventilated seats are not as good, but living in the California desert as I do, having them is a must. Their benefit really is apparent after driving a vehicle without ventilated seats.

In my recent search for a new vehicle, not having either cooled or ventilated seats was a deal breaker. For me, spending the extra money to get ventilated seat was worth every dollar.

phunter1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

I have them in my other car and they work OK, and I would buy them as a stand alone option, but would not pay the cost of a "Premium" to get them.

Phil

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Ok, you guys need to realize one thing. The SRX doesn't have "cooled" seats. They are ventilated seats. So whatever your cabin temperature is, that's what temp your seats will vent to.

Aside from that, I have noticed a big difference from cooled to vented seats. Yes cooled are cool, but it seems to be concentrated on the seat pad mostly (in all three I've sat in). The vented seats are evenly distributed between the seat pad and the seat back (much more of what I prefer).
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

I only have heated (not cooled/ventliated) seats, but honestly, I didn't want them.

I've had rentals with cooled seats, and every time I've used them, it feels gross. Wet and sticky... almost like I've wet myself or something. I don't like it at all...

Different strokes for different folks, for sure ....

Hockeyfox is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

I have them and they work about the same as my Audi A7. Not much difference. Big mistake I made was applying leather conditioner to the seat and plugging almost every perforation....STOOPID. A pushpin and almost an hour later I think I cleared them. Anyone know how to apply a leather conditioner without plugging the holes.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Our other car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee overland with heated and cooled seats which we both love and use, only wish my SRX Lux had the cooled seats, have yet to try out the heated seats, hope they are as good as the jeep.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.