How do you download music from your IPhone to the SRX hard drive? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How do you download music from your IPhone to the SRX hard drive? in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: How do you download music from your IPhone to the SRX hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
    I am wondering if I can take flash storage devices containing video and play it on the SRX entertainment system the same way I can with mp3 audio only?
    Nope. The USB port, with thumbdrive or SD card w/USB adapter, will only recognize Mp3 or WMA files. Makes it all but impossible for a virus to infiltrate the system. For obvious reasons the video capabilities seem to be geared toward "rear" seat passengers.

Maybe the CUE system will have an HDMI input. That would really be impressive. You could play Mp4 video from your smart phone via the MHL output.

UPDATE ***

Found this on the CUE link.

Other features include:

- AM/FM/HD and SiriusXM radio with 3 months trial service4

- 2 USB ports

- SD card

- Natural Voice recognition for music, phone and navigation

- Compatible iPodŽ, IPadŽ, and other USB-integrated devices

- Pandora availability

So it looks like the 2013 will have an SD slot. Whether it will play video files is another question.

Sube

shortspark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of but as you said, video is geared for the rear passengers and my concern is really only for the passenger next to me. I could tell her to go in the back and watch a movie and leave me alone but you know how that would go! BTW, good info about the CUE. I did a quick search a few days ago and found out what it was about conceptually, but nothing as specific as you found. Sounds interesting, especially with multiple usb ports and sd slot. What you said about the hdmi capability might be too much to wish for but it would be awesome! Thanks again.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

For more CUE info check out these links. Be sure to watch the video in "Full Screen".

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillac_cue.html

http://cadillacmagazine.com/2011/10/...iving-in-2012/

Sube

Thanks for the links, I found them very interesting and informative and they provided more insights to CUE than I had previously. You know, the more I read and look at CUE's applications (beyond the actual concept), the more I am hoping it is an option rather than a standard feature, which would surely increase the base price of the vehicle. There is nothing I saw that will change anything I do when I drive, given my individual needs and the equipment I use right now. CUE is good looking, a flashy interface with an unmistakable cutting edge high tech look and certainly it will make some things a bit easier to implement and configure. It is also an accident maker if ever I saw one, regardless of how intuitive they make it or how strong the confirmation pulse beats are they assign to the touch pad. Proximity settings will not amount to much as you must still look at the screen. The voice commands are interesting, however, depending on how extensive and inclusive they are.

For an old guy I'd like to think I'm a little above the curve with technology, communications and electronics than most of my social security brethren, but as impressive as CUE might be from a technology standpoint, I do not see the practicality of it all, at least not for me, the way I drive or my needs. I suppose CUE might be nice to have as a toy only because I still like toys, but I'm not sure I would pay a whole lot extra for it. There is still much to learn about CUE of course, but my desire to have a 2013 SRX is predicated on many factors. From what I have learned so far about CUE over the last day or two, it will probably not be one of those factors.

SRXHippy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Next step, how do I get my iTunes music converted to mp3 or wma format?

Quote Originally Posted by SRXHippy View Post
    Next step, how do I get my iTunes music converted to mp3 or wma format?
    Drag and drop your music files to this download (free): http://www.hamstersoft.com/

I have not tried it with iTunes but it should work. This is what I use for converting my music files to mp3 but if you don't like it you can go to the cnet download page and type in "audio converter". Many other software packages, including quite a few that are freeware, are available there for download.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

This was a very informative thread for me.

New Question:
    Now once I have music downloaded to the Onboard HDD how do I erase or remove it at a future time?

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    This was a very informative thread for me.

New Question:
    Now once I have music downloaded to the Onboard HDD how do I erase or remove it at a future time?
    It is very straight forward. While listening to the HDD, push the menu/select button. From there, choose which subfolder to open (artist, album, song, etc). There is a delete button next to the record button. Click delete and a delete warning comes up. Choose yes.

sharonp is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have an srx premium model that I could use my old classic ipod with. I lost it and when I plugged in my new classic ipod, the car doesn't
    recognize that it is there. Any thoughts? Forgot to say it is 2012
    Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.