10 Speaker Bose System Wattage output
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By jcarlilesiu
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 10 Speaker Bose System Wattage output in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello, Would anyone know what kind of wattage the 10 speaker Bose system might put out ? Thanks...
    Srxlou is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Premium SRX

10 Speaker Bose System Wattage output

Hello, Would anyone know what kind of wattage the 10 speaker Bose system might put out ? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 10 Speaker Bose System Wattage output

FYI,
    This is what I found out from Bose. "Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bose Automotive Music System in your 2012 Cadillac SRX. In answer to your question, the stereo system has ~225 watts and the surround sound system is ~275 watts".

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

We have the surround Bose system which supplies ho-hum quality. On the Corvette forum the old saying is "No highs and no lows it must be Bose." This is the fourth car we've had with a premium Bose system and they've all been the same. The Bose is sufficient, however if we we offered an upgrade option we'd look at it or I guess I should say listen to it. I like Bose and think their products are good as a rule unfortunately they're automotive units leave some to be desired. JMHO of course.
    Bill

KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

the system needs an amplifier BADLY......i didn't think too much of the speakers intially, but when i started playing DVD-A's in there the difference in sound quality was just remarkable. so i know the speakers can do it, but the system really needs a lot more power. i've researched this several times, and do NOT want to use the JL Cleansweep since it requires a new master volume knob, and shuts out all of the nav/phone operations. i still have not found a suitable system or someone willing to work on it. i do know that GM said they are not releasing an adapter harness to allow simple access.

OMGTKK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX performance

I wish GM would rethink their relationship with Bose. I've had a Bose system in my last 4 GM cars and all were very unimpressive. Compared to the premium systems I've heard in Lexus, Toyota, and even Hyundai, they really come up short. Weak volume. Lack of low bass. Poor dynamic range. Listening to XM on my '12 is a real disappointment. I rode in a friends Hyundai Genesis the other day and the system in that car was stellar. It's a shame GM chose to go with name recognition rather than quality in their hi-end systems.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I think the term "Cadillac" has lost its luster. It doesn't mean what it used to mean. They are still living off a reputation that isn't quite what it used to be. Slowly people are coming to that realization. The global economy and increased skills of other nations are giving them a run for it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOpp View Post
    the system needs an amplifier BADLY......i didn't think too much of the speakers intially, but when i started playing DVD-A's in there the difference in sound quality was just remarkable. so i know the speakers can do it, but the system really needs a lot more power. i've researched this several times, and do NOT want to use the JL Cleansweep since it requires a new master volume knob, and shuts out all of the nav/phone operations. i still have not found a suitable system or someone willing to work on it. i do know that GM said they are not releasing an adapter harness to allow simple access.
    Now why would you go put an amplifier in the SRX? You should have to listen to all the squeaks and rattles like the rest of us.

I've had a Bose system in my last 4 GM cars and all were very unimpressive. Compared to the premium systems I've heard in Lexus, Toyota, and even Hyundai, they really come up short. Weak volume. Lack of low bass. Poor dynamic range. Listening to XM on my '12 is a real disappointment.

Now that our SRX has come in, I must agree I'm not very impressed with the stereo sound. It's not like I'm still a teenager driving my parents vehicle with the tunes cranked, but I must admit if a good tune comes on I don't mind turning it up alittle. It's my wifes vehicle and if she's happy with it so am I.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

I have a 2008 SRX with the 8 speaker Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround Sound system. This sound system is standard on the Generation 1 and I have to say it matches the quality of any sound system I ever heard. It is nothing short of excellent.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Indeed. I really love the Bose system. It's one of the few that has good bass and I can hear all of the words in a song!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

llj0621 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

I have found the source is the controlling factor. When I play digital media from the HDD or iPod the highs and lows are excellent. Like wise DVD. Volume is also much better. Ear pircing over 50% volume. But radio and XM are like a 60's transistor radio. WHY? I have transferred my iTunes library over to the HDD so I just use that. Radio is 1 out of 5. Too bad. A waste of a great system. Also, I did find that if I start a concert DVD when in park, only the video goes off when I begin to drive. Haven't found a way for the SRX to record DVD audio directly.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I think the term "Cadillac" has lost its luster. It doesn't mean what it used to mean. They are still living off a reputation that isn't quite what it used to be. Slowly people are coming to that realization. The global economy and increased skills of other nations are giving them a run for it.

----------

Now why would you go put an amplifier in the SRX? You should have to listen to all the squeaks and rattles like the rest of us.
    Non-sense.

I have owned the BMWs and other high end brands.

The Cadillac is on par with the rest of them, and they manage to keep costs reasonable.

Sitting on an enthusiast site, bashing with one liners is annoying. Get a life.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu

Non-sense.

I have owned the BMWs and other high end brands.

The Cadillac is on par with the rest of them, and they manage to keep costs reasonable.

Sitting on an enthusiast site, bashing with one liners is annoying. Get a life.
    I'm sorry to say the Bose Centerpoint Surround System in my SRX, while excellent in most regards, is not as good as was the Bose 5.1 Surround System I had in my '12 CTS Premium AWD. I miss the 40 gig HDD storage and the real surround sound from DVD-A and DTS discs. If you have never heard a true 5.1 system play a DVD-A or DTS disc you have missed out on audio nirvana in a vehicle, granted the sound was best with the vehicle not running. Shame on Cadillac for dropping the system in the '13 SRX to save a few bucks.

gmc248 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe --> 2013 SRX?

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    I'm sorry to say the Bose Centerpoint Surround System in my SRX, while excellent in most regards, is not as good as was the Bose 5.1 Surround System I had in my '12 CTS Premium AWD. I miss the 40 gig HDD storage and the real surround sound from DVD-A and DTS discs. If you have never heard a true 5.1 system play a DVD-A or DTS disc you have missed out on audio nirvana in a vehicle, granted the sound was best with the vehicle not running. Shame on Cadillac for dropping the system in the '13 SRX to save a few bucks.
    ^^What he said. The stereo in my SRX is not as good as my 11 CTS Coupe. Pretty clear but needs more power.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.