Half time thoughts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Half time thoughts in Cadillac SRX Forums; Posted couple times on this forum. Really glad I found it. Really noticed today that the rubber Cadillac floor mats ...
    poolandgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, 2012

Half time thoughts

Posted couple times on this forum. Really glad I found it. Really noticed today that the rubber Cadillac floor mats move quite a bit on my 12 SRX. Haven't had this problem before. How do you deal with this? First GM vehicle in over 30 years. Thanks!

Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: Half time thoughts

You aren't going to like my answer, but a solution would be to get the Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners. They are made to fit exactly, and give much more coverage than the Cadillac mats. Be sure to get the digital fit ones though. They make kind of a one size fits several that really doesn't fit the SRX. They are expensive, but considering you already have 45-50 thousand invested in the SRX, that makes them really kind of cheap.

Well Ponyman, I don't dislike your answer. I appreciate it in fact. But still wondering if I am the only one experiencing this problem? Never encountered such a thing before, and I spent a lot more money on the SRX than any other vehicle.

Thanks again.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by poolandgolf View Post
    ... Really noticed today that the rubber Cadillac floor mats move quite a bit on my 12 SRX. Haven't had this problem before. How do you deal with this? First GM vehicle in over 30 years. Thanks!

Jim
    I have had the stock rubber Cadillac logo mats in both of my SRXs and I like them a lot. A few rare times the drivers side mat may loosen up from the clip hole but rarely move on me. Since I don't sit in the passenger's side I can not speak for those mats. My wife doesn't seem to mind them at all. I like the fact that the hard rubber doesn't show scuff marks up too easily.

However, the Cadillac stock ones don't give you the coverage as complete as the Weathertech digital molded ones do. I still like the Cadillac rubber mats a little bit better. One reason I don't care too much for the Weathertech mats is that when they start to get old they become some what dull looking and have a tendency to show up scratch marks from your shoes all over them, especially on the lighter colors like tan or grey, perhaps the black ones might be a little bit better with appearances. The one thing that makes the weathertech better is that they do give you almost complete coverage during the winter months which is great especially if you have light color rugs.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I have the Cadillac Rubber All Weather Mats. I have never noticed any movement. Might have something to do with your entry and exit pushing off with you foot ect.

frankrizzo135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Did your rubber floor mats come equipped with your vehicle ? Mine came with carpeted mats and they have a lock down pin to secure them.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I bought Lloyd's custom floor mats and they have these plastic tags that snap over the lock-down pins and I've never had them move.

Quote Originally Posted by frankrizzo135 View Post
    Did your rubber floor mats come equipped with your vehicle ? Mine came with carpeted mats and they have a lock down pin to secure them.
    My thanks to all responding.. Maybe getting to the problem. It came equipped with carpeted mats but also had the Cadillac Rubber mats sitting on top of the carpeted mats. Gonna have to give them a closer look. Assumed (yeah I know), that all came that way. Thanks again.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

The rubber winter mats were not made to sit on top of the carpeted mats. You either use the carpet or winter one not both. The stud on the floor is not tall enought to go through both layers. Now I no why it slid around on you .

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    The rubber winter mats were not made to sit on top of the carpeted mats. You either use the carpet or winter one not both. The stud on the floor is not tall enought to go through both layers. Now I no why it slid around on you .
    Guess I do too, now. Don't need those winter mats in Florida anyway. Will put them aside until my next trip north. Thanks again everyone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.