2011 SRX Liftgate Problem - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 SRX Liftgate Problem in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by carbeck Laura - that post was from November 2012. I'm guessing they've probably addressed it in one ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2011 SRX Liftgate Problem

Quote Originally Posted by carbeck View Post
    Laura - that post was from November 2012. I'm guessing they've probably addressed it in one of the other threads by now.
    Hi carbeck,

Thanks for letting me know! My eye did not catch the date of that post, but now I see.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BattChief7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

New liftgate problem. MY 2011 SRX sat in driveway during rain. Everything was closed but when I went to use car next day the liftgate could not be opened by any means. I checked all fuses and they were good. Took to dealer and service advisor said that compartment that houses liftgate module had water in it from clogged sunroof drains. Module has shorted out and they cannot get liftgate open until the module is replaced. They have advised that since it is due to water intrusion, extended warranty will not cover.(Vehicle mileage 57000). I have made it all the way to district representative and they are now reviewing. All recommended service performed by cadillac dealers. I asked what maintenance I could have done to prevent and how I can make sure it does not happen again. They did not have an answer. We will see if Cadillac does the right thing.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Had the same thing on my 2013, I think its the remote, so I took it out of service (nightstand). I would walk into garage and lift gate would open sometimes only a couple of feet and other times all the way. Of course it hit the garage door once, scratch that I was able to touch-up. I will ask the dealer to replace the remote when I bring it in for service.

Quote Originally Posted by BattChief7 View Post
    New liftgate problem. MY 2011 SRX sat in driveway during rain. Everything was closed but when I went to use car next day the liftgate could not be opened by any means. I checked all fuses and they were good. Took to dealer and service advisor said that compartment that houses liftgate module had water in it from clogged sunroof drains. Module has shorted out and they cannot get liftgate open until the module is replaced. They have advised that since it is due to water intrusion, extended warranty will not cover.(Vehicle mileage 57000). I have made it all the way to district representative and they are now reviewing. All recommended service performed by cadillac dealers. I asked what maintenance I could have done to prevent and how I can make sure it does not happen again. They did not have an answer. We will see if Cadillac does the right thing.
    Hello BattChief7,

I am sorry for the trouble of a liftgate malfunction you are experiencing. Let me know if you would like me to look into your case or situation for you. We can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    Had the same thing on my 2013, I think its the remote, so I took it out of service (nightstand). I would walk into garage and lift gate would open sometimes only a couple of feet and other times all the way. Of course it hit the garage door once, scratch that I was able to touch-up. I will ask the dealer to replace the remote when I bring it in for service.
    Let us know when you go into the dealer for your next service, MJDART. We can help assist throughout the process if you would like. Contact us via private message, we can help with any other concerns or questions as well.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BattChief7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Service advisor called and confirmed failure was due to clogged sunroof drain. Extended warranty denied claim. Dealer wants $700+ for repair of drain and replacing liftgate module on 2011 SRX. They have not been contacted by district rep and their demeanor was one of "that is not our problem, it is yours". I intend to leave vehicle at dealership until Cadillac decides whether to warranty the repair.

Jimmy1481 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

My hatch on my SRX went up on it's own, WHILE I WAS DRIVING! NO WARNING, NO BEEPING. All the luck it happened while I was driving in a parking deck!

Last night my wife and I took our infant son to the hospital. As we were leaving the parking deck and I used the back up camera to back out of the parking spot and was driving down the parking deck. All of a sudden I thought my wife was rolling her window down, cause I started to hear outside noise. I looked at her window and it was up, so thought, "what are one of the windows cracked?" turned my head quick and no of the windows were down. Looked in the rear view and noticed that the hatch was going up. By the time I noticed the hatch was all the way up and we were still moving. The next moment, BANG! before I could hit the brake the hatch hit a concrete ceiling column. Get out and survey the damage and our hatch is destroyed. So we were both shocked, and confused. How and why did it go up? Usually there is a triple beep when the hatch opens and a hatch opening on the data screen, neither went off! We hadn't just used the hatch, it was closed when we were backing out of our parking spot. We had just used the back up camera like always.

I have a call into our local Cadillac dealer. They said they would do a little research and get back to me. They said "we've never heard that one before!" yeah of course!

I still can't believe it myself!

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1481 View Post
    My hatch on my SRX went up on it's own, WHILE I WAS DRIVING! NO WARNING, NO BEEPING. All the luck it happened while I was driving in a parking deck!

Last night my wife and I took our infant son to the hospital. As we were leaving the parking deck and I used the back up camera to back out of the parking spot and was driving down the parking deck. All of a sudden I thought my wife was rolling her window down, cause I started to hear outside noise. I looked at her window and it was up, so thought, "what are one of the windows cracked?" turned my head quick and no of the windows were down. Looked in the rear view and noticed that the hatch was going up. By the time I noticed the hatch was all the way up and we were still moving. The next moment, BANG! before I could hit the brake the hatch hit a concrete ceiling column. Get out and survey the damage and our hatch is destroyed. So we were both shocked, and confused. How and why did it go up? Usually there is a triple beep when the hatch opens and a hatch opening on the data screen, neither went off! We hadn't just used the hatch, it was closed when we were backing out of our parking spot. We had just used the back up camera like always.

I have a call into our local Cadillac dealer. They said they would do a little research and get back to me. They said "we've never heard that one before!" yeah of course!

I still can't believe it myself!
    Wow, that is crazy... is your SRX a 2011? Let us know what you find out from the service team.

~Tina~

GBTNVOL is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Recently when operating lift gate from rear convenience switch the lift gate opened slowly. Would not close from rear operation. Door switch did function to close. Thereafter it doesn't operate at all.

Anyone else experience this type of failure and any resolution ?

Jimmy1481,

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened with the lift gate and am glad that things weren't worse. Keep us posted - we're available to support you in any way we can.

GBTNVOL,

I'm sorry to see that you're also having troubles with your lift gate. Do you have a plan of action to get this checked into?

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Greg and Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

santamonicatom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I have had the same problem for over two years. I've taken the car in several times and they say they can't find a problem. I find I have to always lock my car, even if it's in my garage so that I won't walk out in the morning and have my liftgate open. Twice I didn't realize my liftgate was up (at night) and have driven with it open until cars started honking at me and I heard a rumbling. With the dark tinting and it being dark out, you can't see that the hatch is open. Very dangerous and I don't know what to do about this anymore.

Good Morning,
    Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to edit your profile to show accurate information - birthdate, car owned, location, time zone (London ???).

Welcome Aboard !!! CF Staff

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Doesn't your vehicle ding and bing, and give you a visual alert that the liftgate is open when you start up, and again when you put it in gear? I know my '10 and '13 do. It's really hard to miss that...

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX Premium AWD Black/Ebony w/Dr Assist & 20" Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by ILCIVENG
    Had our 2011 SRX about a month and the power liftgate is opening at random times without pushing the key fob. It's my wife's car and she came out in the garage one morning to find the liftgate lodged against the garage door and of course we now have a scratched liftgate and two times at work it was found open when she went to the car. Not a good thing if you have something in the car or if it is raining or snowing. Luckily other employees let her know it was wide open. I have a suspicion that the fob key button is being pushed by something in her purse when she sets it down. We blamed our cat who likes to sit in her purse! Anyone know of this being an issue with the SRX? Can the button on the key fob activate the door from a distance over 200 feet which is how far away she parks at work? Just wanted to post to see if similar problems before taking it in to the dealer.
    A cover will do the trick in most cases, but I have set off the alarm with the fob in my pants pocket a couple of times when at home.

Quote Originally Posted by santamonicatom View Post
    I have had the same problem for over two years. I've taken the car in several times and they say they can't find a problem. I find I have to always lock my car, even if it's in my garage so that I won't walk out in the morning and have my liftgate open. Twice I didn't realize my liftgate was up (at night) and have driven with it open until cars started honking at me and I heard a rumbling. With the dark tinting and it being dark out, you can't see that the hatch is open. Very dangerous and I don't know what to do about this anymore.
    Hi santamonicatom,

I can understand your frustration regarding your liftgate issues. If you would like to discuss this, please PM me your VIN and contact information. If you cannot PM me, shoot me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “Attention: Austin” in the subject line.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.