Driver's seat discomfort
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Driver's seat discomfort in Cadillac SRX Forums; hi everyone- i'm new to this forum. i've been driving my 2012 srx for a little over 3 months.a good ...
    mountaincad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 srx

Driver's seat discomfort

hi everyone-
    i'm new to this forum. i've been driving my 2012 srx for a little over 3 months.a good deal of my driving is up and down a steep, curvy mountain road. i'm 6ft 170 lbs. to say i find the driver's seat uncomfortable would be an understatement. it actually causes me leg pain (right leg). i've tried myriad adjustments to no avail. the problem seems to stem from the hard the side bolsters and also the hard ridge created by the pullout section. (why cadillac felt the need for a pullout section is beyond my comprehension). i've begun sitting on a pillow... of course the seat heater is ineffective and my head sticks out the sunroof! i am so sorry i traded in my '06 srx. it was extremely comfortable. heck, my 1982 jeep cj5 is more comfortable! is anyone else experiencing leg pain from these seats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

Re: Driver's seat discomfort

I Love Love my new 2012 SRX Premium, but the driver's seat is extremely HARD. I did test drive the SRX, but the pros out weighted the cons!

Kaptain Spaulding is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

After a 4 hour drive to Las Vegas, I experience the same thing. The side bolsters are very firm...

Caddybill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury w/nav

I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one with this problem. I thought I was getting arthritis in my right hip, but it hurts the worst when sitting in the car. I now cannot go more then 30 or 40 miles without having to stop and get out and walk around for a few minutes before continuing on. When it first started I could ride for over an hour before the pain would start.
    I thought it was due to my size ( 6'2" 300#) but that may not be the case.

Thanks for bringing this up.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

It's strange I had the same leg problem with my 2009 Infiniti FX35, pain in the right leg after about 45 minutes. I haven't had any leg pain since I bought the 2012 SRX Premium. On a recent trip to Baltimore I drove 525 miles straight without pain. I hope you get your problem worked out.
    Bill

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

same thing with our srx. It has zero side bolster support and that puts too much pressure on your thighs/buttocks- I'll find myself shifting back n' forth side to side after 2hrs of driving for comfort. About the most uncomfortable seats i've ever been in ( i'm not a big guy either 5'9" 175 )

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I enjoy the SRX's pullout extension. It suits my long legs very well. And my Premium has really good seats, I can stay (and have) in them for excess of ten hours. Mind you, I'm 25...

The SRX's seats are firm, but not hard. Hard seats are in a new 2011 Ford F 150 Lariat I drove around. I was happy to get out of those plywood excuses for seats after a half hour!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Greg Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I agree with you; the seats are a PITA and VERY poor for such an expensive car. Like sitting on an orange crate. They have very poor lateral support as well. The "pull" out section of the driver's seat is a real mystery??? What could they have been thinking? How many people have legs six feet long?? Why build a car to fit so few? I wonder if there are any grown-ups at GM design studios? I like the car, but they sure have room for improvement in the next few years.......

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Welcome to the world of the "Twenty something" engineer. I have two kids, one twenty five and the other 30 and we never agree on anything in the comfort field. They are still into "Cool" and will accept poor design to get it. Like my wife said how could a middle aged woman with a typical purse have ever been part of this design? We have tried the pull out in and out to see if it makes any difference but it doesn't help either way. Look at Corvette, they have been notorious for years for their lousy non supporting seats and that is a sports car. Cadillac is known as an older person's car with the aim of improving sales to younger buyers. I am not sure if they want to lose the older crowd with the money. I have bought a gel pad that is only about one inch thick and it helps a lot. Unfortunately it is black and my seats are tan plus it stops all transfer of seat heat.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

I am an "older" person, and I personally think the seats are very comfortable. of course we came from an 08 CTS, and I couldn't stand the seats in it.

GMJim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I'm a grown-up.
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Do you two always come in two's ?

GGMiv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    I am an "older" person, and I personally think the seats are very comfortable. of course we came from an 08 CTS, and I couldn't stand the seats in it.
    We're about the same age, Ponyman, and I agree with you. We came from an '08 Mercedes E350. Talk about hard seats. And no support under the thighs. We love the seats in our 2011 Luxury. I like driving it and my wife likes riding in it. She prefers driving her '08 SRX as the driver's seat fits her better. But the passenger seat in my '11 suits her better than the passenger seat in her car. So it all works out great for us.

Sorry others aren't as comfortable.

soffmore is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx
    Unfortunately I'm experiencing some pain from the seats as well. My lower neck starts throbbing after only a few minutes in the car. This leads to a headache for the rest of the day. I've have this experience in other autos, including an Audi and BMW. Apparently I haven't figured out that performance vehicles and hard seats go together. For me the solution will be 1-2 inch memory foam and a half inch gel pad professionally installed under the leather for both the seat and back. I've had this done before and it has been effective. The seat is removed and reinstalled within four hours for about five hundred dollars. Once again I loose the heated seat but gain my comfort. FYI, other family members drive the infinity x-35, same seat design and extremely firm like the srx.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Comfort is what it all about for long trips. The SRX is fine, but my Avalanche is the best traveling car for me. Large, no bumps, Great ride and the seats are like my Lazy Boy. Of course this is just me, but this is my third Avalanche and they have all been comfortable. This is also the third Cadillac. 05 CTS, 08 CTS, and 10 SRX, and the SRX is the best of all of them for me. We usually trade cars every two years, and our SRX is coming up on that, but we like the car so well, my wife and I have talked, and we think we will keep this one for three. The 05 CTS was actually bought after the 06's came out, so that is the reason for the discrepancy there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.