Driver's seat discomfort - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Driver's seat discomfort in Cadillac SRX Forums; The A, B, C, and D pillars are large because... if you look above your head, all there is, is ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Driver's seat discomfort

The A, B, C, and D pillars are large because... if you look above your head, all there is, is glass! Something has to take the hit if you tip this baby over!
    And the mirror's being too small? Do people want elephant ear-mirrors on this thing or what? I find the mirrors are a perfect balance between design and function. I have driven many places, and do tow with it too.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Like I said there has to be a reason for the thick A pillars and your reason sounds like a good one. If you drove in Atlanta you would want elephant ears on your pretty new SRX too. Here in Atlanta people no longer use their turn signals to change lanes because it only makes the other driver speed up so that you cannot merge. That is one of the reasons that I wish the back up camera could be turned on while driving. I had a motorcycle get in my blind spot the other day and could not tell where the hell he was. If I could have used the camera I could have spotted him lurking back. Having driven motorhomes for many years and using their cameras all of the time I got used to a nice assistant especially in traffic. My view on things is that if its already installed why not make full use of it.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    This poor person is finding out what lurks on this forum. He was saying that he finds the seats to be uncomfortable for HIM, not for you or GM but him. Why jump down his throat for expressing an opinion. Some of you are so defensive about your choice of cars that it almost borders on self doubt. I agree with the guy who says that he thoroughly tries out any car for many hours to make sure he is buying the right one. Most of us are not that thorough and buy on shallower inspections only to find the deficiencies that make this forum. That doesn't mean that they are not real to us. Just because you find everything about your SRX "Perfect" why not let others express their opinions without challenging them? I think the gel pad is a good idea and already have one that makes a long trip much more comfortable for ME.
    I can only speak for myself. I don't find my SRX perfect. I am not jumping down anyone's throat. I don't lurk. And there is nothing defensive about my observation.

My point was simply this. Arguably, a new car vehicle purchase is the second most expensive purchase the average person is likely to make in her/his lifetime. If you are going to spend North of $40K-$45K on anything, including a vehicle, you wring it out and make an more informed choice FOR YOU.

If the dealer is unwilling to let you take the vehicle you are interested in for an extended test drive, or for an overnight, you either find another Cadillac dealer willing to accomodate your need or go to car rental company and rent one for a couple of days. My dealership, for example, uses Enterprise for Cadillac brand courtesy loaners (among other GM vehicles) while the SRX is in the shop.

If just one person considering an SRX (or any vehicle) takes what I have posted about thorough road tests, and the alternatives, and thereby avoids what this person is (unfortunately) going through with the lack of seat comfort for him, I would be happy.

PJ

PJ1520, If you notice I agree with you completely on your method of deciding when and why to buy a new car. I was referring to the others who attacked the poster who was asking if anyone else had problems with the comfort of their seats. Doing car buying your way is the correct way to buy anything but it is not typical of the buying public. However, after the purchase is where the questions on this forum seem to come from and most of us are asking if anyone has found a solution to their problem. Just like the head light issue where a lot of people think the low beams are too dim, the buyers should have driven the car at night but didn't. We humans have faults and impulse buying is one of them.

Inspector........I am older than many on this forum and have already made most of the mistakes. Car buying has now become a more pleasurable, less nerve-wracking experience as a result.

I have never had a seat apart and am wondering if someone could explain why the additional padding and bolstering some might require, as discussed here, cannot be inserted without negating the intended warming effects of the elements for the seat heater. Are there specialty shops that will do it?

PJ

Someone on this forum said that he had seats in the past re-worked to improve the padding and that it cost him about $500 for the re-work. Maybe a search will turn it up for you. There are after market seat warmers so I would think that it could be done. I have tried reupholstering and it was not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Someone on this forum said that he had seats in the past re-worked to improve the padding and that it cost him about $500 for the re-work. Maybe a search will turn it up for you. There are after market seat warmers so I would think that it could be done. I have tried reupholstering and it was not for me.
    If it were me and I was in this "comfort" pickle with the SRX seats, I'd gladly pay someone else for this fix, someone with the expertise and track record. The cost to me would be cheap at twice the price. My vehicle would revert back to what I had hoped it would be comfort wise.

The alternative is not pretty, to trade the SRX and take a much larger depreciation bath in order to get the seat comfort from another vehicle. But that's me.

PJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.