2011 srx gps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By firezy
  • 2 Post By allgm
  • 2 Post By inspectorudy
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 srx gps in Cadillac SRX Forums; Is there an upgrade for my GPS? My 100.00 Garmin was a lot better and easier to read than this ...
    firezy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wink 2011 srx gps

Is there an upgrade for my GPS? My 100.00 Garmin was a lot better and easier to read than this thing. I use night mode to see streets that are not state roads or intersate hwys. I am a photographer and i like to see wht roads I am on or passing in the back country. Also I have used this on known routes and it takes me a longer route even when I use the shortest route. I talked to Cadillac and they acted as if I was crazy and said they could not change the colors for one customer and all I was asking for was when an, or if an update would fix the problem. I may end up putting a garmin in the "ashtray" space they call extra storage. Am I asking too much? does anyone one know any tricks on color changes or updates for the 2011? Is it possible to load a garmin map in this sorry excuse for a GPS?
    asphaltman and asphaltman like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: 2011 srx gps

I believe the Captian of the Costa Concordia was using a Garmin.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

GM loves their ancient maps! There isn't anything you can do to the factory Nav, but supplement it with a 'better supported' unit.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

I was afraid of that

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have to use mine in the night mode to see the secondary roads on the screen. For some strange reason they used light yellow which in bright sunlight fades out. The day I test drove my car was a real overcast day and it looked fine then. I have already been jumped on by the gang of GM can do no wrong so watch out. I love the car but I wish I had waited until the 2013's came out. However by us wishing for improvements that we know will never happen to OUR cars they will eventually be incorporated into newer models. My wife and I are amazed at how archaic this GPS is. It has some good features but it is like a 2004 GPS as far as user friendly inputs. It would seem like GM could have just signed a contract with Garmin or Magellan and be done with it.
    Lpalenchar and Lpalenchar like this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Yea, I'm hoping with CUE's great advancements, GM can get on board with Garmin. Otherwise that will be a large kick in the nuts, such advanced tech, and yet a Nav from the turn of the century...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Maybe they will include an elevation feature in CUE.

Maybe when the 2013's come out, we can use the map updates on the 2011 and 2012's

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

In my experience, most car NAV units are mediocre. Some less or more, but hardly any are up to par with stand alone unitsnlikegarmin, tomtom, etc. Infiniti is only slightly better, and that's just the looks of the software, not so much the user interface or how intuitive it is. Caddy seems par for the course. Mazda is horrible. The SRX Nav unit gets u where u want to go, plus I love the onstar gps integration, where you can plug the address into your iPhone and it sends the location request to the in dash Nav unit. Much quicker this way, plus u can enter address before u get in car and when you turn car on the GPS will have route ready for you!!! The grass isn't always greener people.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.