List of Fixes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, List of Fixes in Cadillac SRX Forums; I hope this makes sense, but is there a place I can go or someone I can call to give ...
    gregcpx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

List of Fixes

I hope this makes sense, but is there a place I can go or someone I can call to give them my VIN and they can tell me what recalls/fixes/campaigns are open against my car and that needs to be fixed?

I would ask my Caddy dealer, but since I got an on-star warning about the low-beam headlight issue and they claimed they looked to see if I needed any updates or issues and I did not need any, I suspect they won't be exactly honest or really look.

'10, SRX, LUX, FWD

Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Re: List of Fixes

any gm dealer can look for that info. try to go to a different dealer ask service writer to check or tell them your shopping for another dealer to take over the warranty work with the economy they should all be interested in a potential customer since gm pays them for the warranty claims. Your the first I've ever heard of onstar advising of a potentail issue, that is kinda cool, I wonder how that works though and why I've never recieved any on any any of my current or past onstar vehicles. I've only gotten oil, general system checks, mileage etc.

Well I was a bit surprised myself to see the notice, but I got it on my monthly report from onstar and when I went to their website it was right there... I've attached a picture(s) from onstar. It was nice to get the report, but I don't think this is something new (the recall) so I'm surprised that it just now came up and what else has not been taken care of?
    Attached Images

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Interesting, our vehicle diagnostic email has most of the same info but laid out differently probably we can change or customize and have not thanks for posting we'll have to play with ours.

Those pictures were captured from the onstar website, not the onstar email....attached is the onstar email (or part of it anyway).... which is how I originally got alerted to the issue...
    Attached Images

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by gregcpx View Post
    Those pictures were captured from the onstar website, not the onstar email....attached is the onstar email (or part of it anyway).... which is how I originally got alerted to the issue...
    I just checked my OnStar account and I don't have the recall notice but I have a Premium trim level. (You might want to update your profile with your car's trim level. I had to go all the way back to your original post to discover it.)

Cooper10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The lowbeam recall only effects base and luxury models with halogen headlamps. Performance and Premium models have HID's and have a different bulb connector.

LisaJean is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: List of Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by cvettr/cts-v View Post
    Your the first I've ever heard of onstar advising of a potentail issue, that is kinda cool, I wonder how that works though and why I've never recieved any on any any of my current or past onstar vehicles. I've only gotten oil, general system checks, mileage etc.
    OnStar will notify you if there are ever any important recall notices on your vehicle, since each Vehicle Diagnostics email is customized to include recommended actions for your vehicle's condition, based on the status of the engine, transmission, antilock brakes, etc. I do digital work for OnStar so I just wanted to share!
    Since it sounds like you already get that monthly email, have you ever looked into the different insurance discounts you can get for having OnStar and getting that monthly email? It depends on your state and what insurance provider you use, but it might be worth checking out. Here's a link with some more info if you're interested http://onstarconnections.com/2010/02...t-you-deserve/

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

If you google this GM recall; it was also on the 2008 CTS!!!!

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Thanks for adding that in LisaJean!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

And if you don't have OnStar, how are you notified? I have a Luxury 2010 and did not receive an OnStar or Mail notification on the headlight issue????

Cooper10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Call Cadillac Customer Assistance at 800- 458-8006. Listen on the menu for recall info for your vehicle or speak to a live person. Cadillac Customer Service told that my vehicle had an open issue with the headlights after that conversation a letter was mailed to my home.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Your dealer can also pull upall the outstanding recalls and such by the VIN number.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.