Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Would you like to see engine options for the SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Back in the good old days when you ordered a new car you had several engine options to choice from. ...
  1. #1
    paid4c4's Avatar
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    179

    Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Back in the good old days when you ordered a new car you had several engine options to choice from. I would like to see either engine options or how about offering an SRX Sport model. Perhaps the 3.6 version with single or dual turbos would be nice, maybe lowered with special tires and wheels. I think a sports version would be a big seller.
    Bill

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    TheCaptain's Avatar
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Moosomin Saskatchewan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Srx v!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!


    **Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

    *Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

  4. #3
    MacMuse's Avatar
    MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,400
    Consumer Reports would have a field day with the rollover testing write-up on an SRX-V.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

  5. #4
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,521

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    The SRX just needs a face-lift and some look at me brembo's. the 300hp 3.6 lets a base 2012 SRX squeak by an edge sport, and the sport mode in GM's auto is pretty good too. It's just that it still has grocery-getter rims and boxy front/rear fascias. an SRX-V would be entertaining, but then you're talking about competing with a Cherokee SRT-8, so why buy a car that was made into a running shoe when you could have a car that was designed to be a running shoe? Anyway, why would they think about a V if their primary target is the Lexus RX and C/D has this to say about the SRX?
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

    Two suspension setups are available. Most versions will come with the base FE2 arrangement that has twin-tube shocks and smaller anti-roll bars than the sportier FE3 chassis. FE3-equipped SRXs get active shocks that adjust stiffness according to vehicle speed, load, steering input, and road condition; variable-assist steering that tightens up at speed; and 20-inch wheels and accompanying slimmer tire sidewalls. Slipping the transmission into sport mode also puts the shocks into a sportier and stiffer mode. Both suspensions have the same spring rates. Although roll control is slightly better with the FE3 suspension, there isn’t a huge gain in sporty feel or handling, and we’d be hard pressed to pay extra for it. Either way, the SRX makes the Lexus RX feel like a sloppy mess.

  6. #5
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    354

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    The SRX just needs a face-lift and some look at me brembo's. the 300hp 3.6 lets a base 2012 SRX squeak by an edge sport, and the sport mode in GM's auto is pretty good too. It's just that it still has grocery-getter rims and boxy front/rear fascias. an SRX-V would be entertaining, but then you're talking about competing with a Cherokee SRT-8, so why buy a car that was made into a running shoe when you could have a car that was designed to be a running shoe? Anyway, why would they think about a V if their primary target is the Lexus RX and C/D has this to say about the SRX?
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
    It's interesting that the FE3 sport suspension is standard on the Performance model but not availvble on the Premium. Put a little supercharger on the 3.6 and sign me up.

    Just call it "mini-V".

  7. #6
    PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Well, the twin turbo Ecoboost 3.5L V6 Lincolns aren't flying off the showroom floors, so my guess would be GM will fly with just one available engine moving forward. M5 is right about the market targets for the SRX. Regardless of what the enthusiast wants (us), GM will pursue simplicity and cost containment with any improvements that will keep the momentum going with the largest demographic targets, the mainstream.

    PJ

  8. #7
    paid4c4's Avatar
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    179

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    It's interesting that the FE3 sport suspension is standard on the Performance model but not availvble on the Premium. Put a little supercharger on the 3.6 and sign me up.
    According to the SRX website the premium version has the sport suspension?
    SRX-Premium Package
    Suspension, SportChassis continuously variable real time damping (Includes (FE3) sport suspension.)
    Steering, power, variable effort rack-and-pinion, speed-sensitive
    Bill

  9. #8
    CaddyFanFL's Avatar
    CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    98

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    Well, the twin turbo Ecotec 3.5L V6 Lincolns aren't flying off the showroom floors, so my guess would be GM will fly with just one available engine moving forward. M5 is right about the market targets for the SRX. Regardless of what the enthusiast wants (us), GM will pursue simplicity and cost containment with any improvements that will keep the momentum going with the largest demographic targets, the mainstream.

    PJ
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Hybrid. Audi is offering it on the Q5 this year. Sooner or later, Caddy has to jump on that train. Only offering it on a $70K SUV tells me that they have some work to do.

  10. #9
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,521

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Hybrid. Audi is offering it on the Q5 this year. Sooner or later, Caddy has to jump on that train. Only offering it on a $70K SUV tells me that they have some work to do.
    Cadillac and GM need profitable vehicles, they have the volt for the hybrid look at me press already. Hybrids for the most part are not profitable. The SRX getst 16/23. That's not exactly the devistating 13/18 an AWD Escalade manages to warrant a hybrid.

  11. #10
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    354

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    [QUOTE=paid4c4;2832986]
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    It's interesting that the FE3 sport suspension is standard on the Performance model but not availvble on the Premium. Put a little supercharger on the 3.6 and sign me up.

    According to the SRX website the premium version has the sport suspension?
    SRX-Premium Package
    Suspension, SportChassis continuously variable real time damping (Includes (FE3) sport suspension.)




    Steering, power, variable effort rack-and-pinion, speed-sensitive
    Bill
    Bill, I can't seem to find thatFE3 suspension info for the Premium on the Cadillac.com web site, SRX section either in the spec drop-down or on build your own. Can you help me out with a link?

    Thanks

  12. #11
    CaddyFanFL's Avatar
    CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    98

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Cadillac and GM need profitable vehicles, they have the volt for the hybrid look at me press already. Hybrids for the most part are not profitable. The SRX getst 16/23. That's not exactly the devistating 13/18 an AWD Escalade manages to warrant a hybrid.
    18 combined might not be that bad (for an AWD) - but if you are looking at the more common 2WD configuration, the competition is doing a better job. The 2WD SRX gets 19 combined - the Lincoln MKX FWD gets 22. Now, there will be an EcoBoost available, increasing the MPG to 24. Not that I would desire this engine - but it is there. It's no rocket-science to predict that fuel-prices are going to increase. Same is going to happen to the significance of MPG-numbers.

    Since we were talking about additional engine options, a Hybrid would be a logical choice. I'm not sure if a diesel would sell any better. And a "SRX-V" wouldn't be profitable, either.
    Of course, you could also increase displacement and offer something similar to Ford's EcoBoost V6. Or decrease displacement, put in a turbo I-4 and increase fuel-economy (EcoBoost I-4).

    It's all about choices - and, IMO, having none is not very desirable. Believing that luxury and efficiency should be kept apart is an idea from yesterday. The best selling Lincoln was their MKZ Hybrid..

    Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post

    Bill, I can't seem to find thatFE3 suspension info for the Premium on the Cadillac.com web site, SRX section either in the spec drop-down or on build your own. Can you help me out with a link?

    Thanks
    Go to the "build your own"-section, select the PREMIUM and click on the red "View all standard equipment" link in the box that explains the PREMIUM. (it opens when you keep your mouse on the PREMIUM-box) and after that, on the red "Mechanical" link. It reads "Chassis continuously variable real time damping (Includes (FE3) sport suspension.)".

  13. #12
    allgm's Avatar
    allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    OHIO
    Age
    65
    Posts
    354

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    My 2010 FWD Premium has Sport Suspension FE2. FE3 is for AWD Performance & Premium models only Real Time Damping. FE3 Not available on the Luxury AWD.

  14. #13
    paid4c4's Avatar
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    179

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    It would just be nice to have some options. GM has experience with turbo equipped cars having build two of the most successful turbo cars of their time. The Buick Grand National and the GMC Cyclone were real power houses of the day and are still popular.Turbos is like free horsepower as it gets it power from the exhaust. Turbos can be fast and economical at the same time. Perhaps GM will consider some choices of power plants in the future.
    Bill

  15. #14
    TheCaptain's Avatar
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Moosomin Saskatchewan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    My 2010 FWD Premium has Sport Suspension FE2. FE3 is for AWD Performance & Premium models only Real Time Damping. FE3 Not available on the Luxury AWD.
    Yes, Premium SRX's only get FE3 if they are AWD. FWD are still FE2 optioned if Premium Trimmed.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!


    **Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

    *Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

  16. #15
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    354

    Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    18 combined might not be that bad (for an AWD) - but if you are looking at the more common 2WD configuration, the competition is doing a better job. The 2WD SRX gets 19 combined - the Lincoln MKX FWD gets 22. Now, there will be an EcoBoost available, increasing the MPG to 24. Not that I would desire this engine - but it is there. It's no rocket-science to predict that fuel-prices are going to increase. Same is going to happen to the significance of MPG-numbers.

    Since we were talking about additional engine options, a Hybrid would be a logical choice. I'm not sure if a diesel would sell any better. And a "SRX-V" wouldn't be profitable, either.
    Of course, you could also increase displacement and offer something similar to Ford's EcoBoost V6. Or decrease displacement, put in a turbo I-4 and increase fuel-economy (EcoBoost I-4).

    It's all about choices - and, IMO, having none is not very desirable. Believing that luxury and efficiency should be kept apart is an idea from yesterday. The best selling Lincoln was their MKZ Hybrid..



    Go to the "build your own"-section, select the PREMIUM and click on the red "View all standard equipment" link in the box that explains the PREMIUM. (it opens when you keep your mouse on the PREMIUM-box) and after that, on the red "Mechanical" link. It reads "Chassis continuously variable real time damping (Includes (FE3) sport suspension.)".
    Thanks all. I just didn't drill far enough into the Premium "standard equipment" drop down. Anyway, I have the FE3 (Premuim AWD) and now I know why mine seems to handle better than the SRX dealer loaners I have used.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting