Would you like to see engine options for the SRX? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Would you like to see engine options for the SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; "'m not sure if a diesel would sell any better. And a "SRX-V" wouldn't be profitable, either. Of course, you ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Re: Would you like to see engine options for the SRX?

"'m not sure if a diesel would sell any better. And a "SRX-V" wouldn't be profitable, either.
    Of course, you could also increase displacement and offer something similar to Ford's EcoBoost V6. Or decrease displacement, put in a turbo I-4 and increase fuel-economy (EcoBoost I-4)."
    Guys and Gals please take advantage of my gray hair and experience. If Cadillac ever offers another diesel RUN as FAST as you can. I drank the Kool aid from Cadillac and bought a 1983 Eldorado Barritz with a diesel. They continued to tell me how good it was right up to the day they came and towed it from my driveway for the last time. So write this down, remember it and tell your friends No Diesel No How No Cadillac.
    Bill

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I'm pretty sure diesel has come a LONG way in design, durability, longevity and technology since 1983. The days of just 'converting' a 350 gas engine into a diesel are long gone Paid4C4.

Especially with GM having the most powerful and longest lasting diesels in their full size trucks, i'm pretty sure they can pull off a diesel with no problems nowadays.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Captain, When Cadillac made the 350 conversions they already had the most dependable and successful diesel engines in the world;Detroit Diesel. Please allow me to share an old saying from my Pappy: The first time a rattlesnake bites you it may not be your fault, if you let the same snake bite you a second time you got nobody to blame but yourself. Please mark me down as No Cadillac Diesel for this old camper. I do agree with you though that diesel technology has came along way in recent years. I drove one of the "clean Diesels" in an Audi when looking at crossovers when I purchased the SRX. I was amazed with Audi and it's performance. I'm sure if Cadillac should ever go with a diesel again it will much improved. At least it would be an option which is what this tread is about.
    Bill

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I think Lincoln's approach with the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine (355hp, 350 lb. ft. torque) with the dual, low inertia Garrett turbos is the best of all worlds. The smaller turbos spool up quickly, turbo lag virtually nonexistent, and nearly all of the torque is available around 1,500 rpm. The Ecoboost runs on the cheapest of fuels discussed here, regular 87 octane. And the gas mileage in the MKT at 16/22 is not shabby, considering its larger size and seating/cargo capacities versus the GenII.

Problem is, no one is buying them. Lincoln's response? They dropped the price of the MKT with the twin turbos by $3K. We'll see where that takes them.

PJ

It's still an Edge with chrome.
    allgm and allgm like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    It's still an Edge with chrome.
    Nope, that would be the MKX - but but I have to admit that the MKwhatever-labeling is confusing...

Although I'm a Lincoln-owner, I could never see myself behind the wheel of a MKT. The features are great, the engine (EcoBoost) is great - but the design is a complete failure.

However, I'd love to see an SRX with 355hp and a better MPG at the same time.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Captain.........it doesn't really matter, comparisons to the Edge or Flex. My wife hates the way it looks, and I'm not fond of the appearance either. I can't see the MKT surviving past the current sales year without a serious facelift. The sales have been in the tank since it was introduced despite the twin turbos.

Which leaves us still wondering: how will Cadillac differentiate itself performance-wise going forward? Will they get bold or will they continue to play it safe? I think the latter. They are having too much success with the GenII SRX and won't rock the boat with anything that will jack the price tag, like a turbo option.

PJ

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

When we went to the auto show before buying our 10 SRX, we sat in the MKT. It felt like were sitting in my HHR, kind of closed in and cramped. also, the headrests just didn't fit, they seemd to push our heads forward, and the reps at the show couldn't tell us how to adjust them, if in fact they could be adjusted. so, no MKT for us. We did consider a decked out edge, or the Lincoln variant, but the styling just seemd so out of date and old. I had rented a brand new edge for a week, and did like they way it drove and performed, but the fresh styling of the SRx won out, that plus the fact that I have always GM products. As a side note, my long time neighbor is the service manager at the local Ford dealership. He and I talk quite a bit, and without going into specifics, just let me say that according to him, the Ford vehicles have just as many faults and customer complaints as we hear about the SRX. I am pretty sure taht it is widespread among all vehicles. If man made it, it can break, and it isn't perfect.

Oh yea, MKT. My bad. Thanks for clearing me up on that!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    Nope, that would be the MKX - but but I have to admit that the MKwhatever-labeling is confusing...

Although I'm a Lincoln-owner, I could never see myself behind the wheel of a MKT. The features are great, the engine (EcoBoost) is great - but the design is a complete failure.

However, I'd love to see an SRX with 355hp and a better MPG at the same time.
    I agree. The current grille theme enveloping the whole front-end thing should be killed by fire. It would be one thing if it had particullary good interior or unique powertrain options but it doesn't. When I had an MKS rental car, I felt like I was in a ford Fusion with some fancy leather. Bland, boring and lifeless.

Which leaves us still wondering: how will Cadillac differentiate itself performance-wise going forward?
    I think the current balance they have is perfect. If you want a race-car SUV, buy a Cherokee SRT-8, Cayenne or a Range rover if you just want a huge engine. the SRX is sporty without sacrificing much comfort or super abysmal fuel economy to make it undriveable as a daily. the 3.0 I drove on numerous ocassions was simply slow in a straight line and lacked torque, it's handling characteristics and trans were great for an SUV. I expect I would have been happy to put around in a 3.6 AWD SRX.

No matter what, this year will be huge for the SRX. The CUE-introduction by itself will make this SUV even more interesting and I'm sure we will see some nice additions like active cruise control and if we're lucky, even a Head-Up-Display.

I'm expecting that this facelifted version of the SRX will be sold for three MYs so it might make it into my driveway by the end of 2014 as a MY15 when it's time to update our fleet. I've never been focused on one specific manufacturer of the "big three" and it's quite possible that our future line of vehicles will consists of a Caddy, a Lincoln and a Jeep.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    "'m not sure if a diesel would sell any better. And a "SRX-V" wouldn't be profitable, either.
    Of course, you could also increase displacement and offer something similar to Ford's EcoBoost V6. Or decrease displacement, put in a turbo I-4 and increase fuel-economy (EcoBoost I-4)."
    Guys and Gals please take advantage of my gray hair and experience. If Cadillac ever offers another diesel RUN as FAST as you can. I drank the Kool aid from Cadillac and bought a 1983 Eldorado Barritz with a diesel. They continued to tell me how good it was right up to the day they came and towed it from my driveway for the last time. So write this down, remember it and tell your friends No Diesel No How No Cadillac.
    Bill
    Why would anyone buy a diesel powered vehicle? The price for the fuel is higher than gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    The price for the fuel is higher than gasoline.
    There are many diesel-followers out there. Although you really have to put many miles on your vehicle to compensate the higher fuel-price (and often, higher price for the diesel engine), there are many people who appreciate diesel powered cars and trucks - high torque-numbers is one reason.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.