Seat movement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Greg Franklin
  • 2 Post By Jonkarn
  • 2 Post By GMJim
  • 2 Post By Jonkarn
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Seat movement in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2012 SRX with the driver's seat set on easy exit, where it moves back when I open ...
    Greg Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Seat movement

I have a 2012 SRX with the driver's seat set on easy exit, where it moves back when I open the door. However, it moves back to my desired location when I open the door, making it harder to enter. Is there any way to set it so it moves after I enter and close the door?
    Caddybill and Caddybill like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

frankrizzo135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Re: Seat monement

No, that's the way it works unless you program a setting that is good for you to get into the drivers seat and then move the seat to a driveable position. I remember my old DTS used to move forward after I turned the car on but I guess our SRX's can't do that.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Our 08 CTS did the same thing. makes you wonder why they took a good system and changed it. probably some legalities about the seat possibly still moving while you had the car in gear.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Unfortunately short answer is no. If you don't want it to move forward upon unlock/door opening you have to turn it off, then set and use the driver 1 and 2 settings on the side of the seat for driver recall. Note after setting you must hold your selection 1 or 2 down the whole time it takes for it to get to that position. If you let go early it will stop early. The good thing is if you let go early you can re-press and hold that button and it will continue from there. Also note sometimes when say driver 1 locks vehicle then driver 2 unlocks and attempts to use settings if the seat does not move or acts like it lost the position, it may not have lost it, you then need to use manual control and move the seat over 50% to the driver setting then that driver setting button will work the rest of the way. It is stupid and you should not have to do it this way but many have had the issue and none have really seemed to get a true fix. Some have gotten the seat buttons replaced and a different guard around it but some that have had that done still had issues. Once your used to it, and it seems to only glitch on driver changes, it is easy to work around. If you switch drivers alot it could be a pain. We do not switch drivers much so the last thing I do before turning it off and exiting if she will drive it next is I use the driver 1 button to get to her driving position (uncomfortable only for a second) then turn off, open door and seat moves back so I can exit easy and know it will work properly upon her return to the drivers seat.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by cvettr/cts-v View Post
    Unfortunately short answer is no. If you don't want it to move forward upon unlock/door opening you have to turn it off, then set and use the driver 1 and 2 settings on the side of the seat for driver recall. Note after setting you must hold your selection 1 or 2 down the whole time it takes for it to get to that position. If you let go early it will stop early. The good thing is if you let go early you can re-press and hold that button and it will continue from there. Also note sometimes when say driver 1 locks vehicle then driver 2 unlocks and attempts to use settings if the seat does not move or acts like it lost the position, it may not have lost it, you then need to use manual control and move the seat over 50% to the driver setting then that driver setting button will work the rest of the way. It is stupid and you should not have to do it this way but many have had the issue and none have really seemed to get a true fix. Some have gotten the seat buttons replaced and a different guard around it but some that have had that done still had issues. Once your used to it, and it seems to only glitch on driver changes, it is easy to work around. If you switch drivers alot it could be a pain. We do not switch drivers much so the last thing I do before turning it off and exiting if she will drive it next is I use the driver 1 button to get to her driving position (uncomfortable only for a second) then turn off, open door and seat moves back so I can exit easy and know it will work properly upon her return to the drivers seat.
    If you have the version of the SRX that has keyless entry here's one for you....

According to the manual and my dealer, when you exit the car the FOB remembers the last position of the seat. So I did a little experiment to see just how accurate this seat memory stuff really is.

1. Set the seat position manually to your desired location.
    2. Save it in MEM 1 by hold down the MEM button and pressing the 1 button at the same time.
    3. Move the seat to a different location.
    4. Hold MEM 1 button down. The seat returns to the MEM 1 saved position (as set in step 2).
    5. Open the driver's door and wait for the seat to go back (assuming you have Easy Exit turned on).
    6. Close the door. (Now the FOB in your hand should have the seat position that was set on MEM 1.
    7. Open the door and wait for the seat to return to it's preset position.

Now here's the issue... The FOB and MEM 1 should now be identical. Therefore, if I press the MEM and 1 button at the same time, the seat should not move. WRONG! It moves a small amount EVERY time.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Re: Seat movement

Very confusing explanations. You lost me here
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

Greg Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Thanks; I was afraid it was not possible to have it set properly. Our Corvette seat doesn't move until you start the engine, and then moves to your desired spot. I just wish Cadillac had that same system; I am getting tired of ducking my head and twisting my neck to get into this thing...... :-)

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

steve, thats fine only if you want the seat to move up once door is opened. I took original poster wanting it to let them in first like older style memory recall position. we enter, start it then use recall before driving. Or you can get in, use seat button to recal position, then start if your really short and touching brake is difficult before seat adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Jonkarn View Post
    Very confusing explanations. You lost me here
    Yes, it's all my fault that you can't follow detailed instructions. I knew I should never have posted it in the first place. Dumb me.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

test
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Yes, it's all my fault that you can't follow detailed instructions. I knew I should never have posted it in the first place. Dumb me.
    I didn't say anything insulting to you, so take it easy. Some people may have tried to help me follow it better with a followup post, but it seems as if you want some type of confrontation exchange instead. no problem.
    poolandgolf and poolandgolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    test
    1 2 3...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.