2011 SRX questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 SRX questions in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello all, My family and I have been leasing a Black Raven 2011 SRX AWD Luxury since August. The additional ...
    carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

2011 SRX questions

Hello all,

My family and I have been leasing a Black Raven 2011 SRX AWD Luxury since August. The additional options on it are the NAV system (with the 10 speakers, iPod jack, and all that) and the Engine Block Heater. I have a couple of questions.

We absolutely love it, and have had very few issues. It's at around 7200 miles now, about to go in for its first tire rotation. But around a month ago or so, we started getting that "I just drove over a plastic bag" smell, and couldn't find anything. So we took it in, and the dealer discovered our block heater had fallen out of place and was melting on the catalytic converter! They subsequently scraped it off the converter and replaced it. We had them route the new one out the front of the vehicle below the grill. But that was when we realized that we had never noticed if it was there before, and, upon looking at new SRXs on the lot, couldn't find the plug hanging out on them either (and the window stickers confirmed that they had it). Has anyone else used their block heater or heard of issues like this? We just found it odd.

Also, over the last few months or so, we have discovered an occasional odd "pop" that seems to occur only when we're parked with the engine running for a while. It sounds as though someone bumps us from behind. We'll go out, drive around, and park to eat or whatever with the engine running, and, maybe 20 minutes or so later, we'll hear that "pop." Has anyone else experienced it or know what it is?

Thanks in advance!

PS - does anyone know what SRX models specifically are being affected by this recall for the shifter or whatever? I haven't found info on it yet.

----------

Oh, forgot to ask also, when stopped at a traffic light, does anyone else's accelerator pedal vibrate at a certain RPM? Ours does, it's not a major nuisance, but we are just curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2011 SRX questions

SRX's ordered with the block heater come with the cord all tied up neatly in the back of the engine bay. You can't see it unless you actually are looking for it. I think one or two zip ties is all that is holding it.

Did just the whole block heater actually fall out of the block? Leaving a hole where the engine plug was? Or just the cord fell onto the exhaust?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.