Newbie with a few questions on 2012 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Marc NY
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Newbie with a few questions on 2012 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I recall seeing several times at start up a message in the DIC that says "Rain Sensor On". Is this ...
    Ted K is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX - Crystal Red AWD Performance with DVD (Hers)

Newbie with a few questions on 2012 SRX

I recall seeing several times at start up a message in the DIC that says "Rain Sensor On". Is this normal. Shouldn't it be on? Also, the touchpad (don't know what else to call it) for the keyless entry works on the drivers front door, but not on the passenger? Any reason that could be or am I in for a trip to the dealer already with 200 miles on it?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS - 4 Premium

Re: Newbie with a few questions on 2012 SRX

The reason the DIC says "Rain Sensor On" is that your windshield wipers are turned on to intermittent - the first click up from off. I only thought the touchpad was for locking. Check your owners manual. Hope it's some help.

Thanks for the tip on the wipers. Definitely could be left on intermittent. Also, I do realize the touchpad is for locking, but it's not working on the passenger side. Don't know why and can't find anything in manual.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

The reason the "Rain Sensor On" warning display comes on is to "warn" you that your wipers are in an automatic setting. WHY warn you? Because you may not want to have them come on automatically at certain times. You might have ice build up on them in the harsh freezing cold winter weather or perhaps you might be going through a car wash and you certainly don't want the wipers to come on and possibility get tangled up in the cloth wash strips that go over your vehicle. So by seeing that they are "ON" will remind you to turn them off if need to have them off.

I believe there is an option in the "CONFIG" menu button on the dash where you can select to only open the "Driver's" door when you pull on the handle or you can select to open "all doors" when you pull on the door handle. When you select open "all doors" feature you will be able to open the passenger's door even if all the rest of the car doors are still locked.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

I believe there is a feature on the SRX where the rain sense wipers are automatically deactivated when the car is steadily moving at a certain speed while in neutral, typical of car wash scenarios. I think the icy windshield is the primary reason you would want the rain sense function to not be automatically on. That and maybe if you are handwashing the car while it is running? Not sure why anyone would do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonkarn View Post
    I believe there is a feature on the SRX where the rain sense wipers are automatically deactivated when the car is steadily moving at a certain speed while in neutral, typical of car wash scenarios.
    Good point ... I have noticed that the rear wipper blade will not operate while in neutral but I have never tried to check to see if the front wipers would also deactivated while in neutral. I always turn that feature off before I enter the car wash so I will have to give the front wiper blades a try out with the "Auto Sensor On" the next time I start to go through the car wash.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonkarn View Post
    I believe there is a feature on the SRX where the rain sense wipers are automatically deactivated when the car is steadily moving at a certain speed while in neutral, typical of car wash scenarios.
    crud, wish my STS Rainsense worked like that. Thankfully the car wash I use did a pre-spray that triggered Rainsense and gave me time to shut it off before getting into the machine.

Thanks all for the help. I've got the unlock working fine. It's the LOCKING feature that doesn't work from the front passenger door. You touch the touch pad on the drivers door, and it all locks. You do the same on the passenger front door and nothing locks. It does work to unlock by pulling on the handle, and all the doors unlock, which is how I have it set. But it won't lock the doors from the front passenger door.

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Personally, I've never used this function. Instead, I just have it automatically lock whenever I walk away with the fob.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Both driver & passenger will lock all the doors when I press them. Sounds like a trip to the service dept.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMuse View Post
    crud, wish my STS Rainsense worked like that. Thankfully the car wash I use did a pre-spray that triggered Rainsense and gave me time to shut it off before getting into the machine.
    Just a FYI: I decided that I would try and see if the Rain Sensor on the front wipers would activate while in neutral at the car wash today and sure enough it did NOT activate while the SRX was in neutral.

You just gotta love all the great new technology that's out there today!

Hmmm maybe I will have to try turning off the Rain Sensors when I go by the Falls...

annieq and annieq like this.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Be careful when you step out. Looks like you are close to the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    Be careful when you step out. Looks like you are close to the edge.
    With the magic of Photoshop I was able to reduce the actual distance and make the SRX appear closer to the falls than it really was.

*The real purpose of me photoshoping that photo was to create a nicer Avatar for myself. Now if I only could upload an "animated" one it would be flashing its fog lights at you too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.