Bluetooth Voice Activation Calling Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Bluetooth Voice Activation Calling Question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey there! I have a 2012 SRX and seem to be having a slight issue. I have it all paired ...
    Jeffpants is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bluetooth Voice Activation Calling Question

Hey there! I have a 2012 SRX and seem to be having a slight issue. I have it all paired up, playing music flawlessly with the bluetooth, and receiving phone calls etc. I can see my phone book in the listing, however when i push call i am prompted on what to do, so i say call, then it says calling from jeff, please say the name or number to call. I say home, and it doesn't recognize "Home" from the phonebook, however when i say the number it dials home and shows "home" on the dashboard as being called.

Was there a step i missed setting this up so that it recognizes the names in the phonebook?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Bluetooth Voice Activation Calling Question

You will need to store the name(s) to the vehicle's cell phone bluetooth connectivity setup menu, the same setup that On Star's Hands-free calling menu requires you to do so it will then be able to recognize the name you are wanting to dial out. If you don't do that then you will have to either announce the number or scroll thru the phone book menu to select the name manually. It only takes a few minutes to add the names of your most often called numbers to the cell phone blue tooth menu so then all you need to do is say the name and it will recognize it and then dial out the number for you.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffpants View Post
    Hey there! I have a 2012 SRX and seem to be having a slight issue. I have it all paired up, playing music flawlessly with the bluetooth, and receiving phone calls etc. I can see my phone book in the listing, however when i push call i am prompted on what to do, so i say call, then it says calling from jeff, please say the name or number to call. I say home, and it doesn't recognize "Home" from the phonebook, however when i say the number it dials home and shows "home" on the dashboard as being called.

Was there a step i missed setting this up so that it recognizes the names in the phonebook?

If your phone supports it, try Voice Pass-Thru on Page 7-61 of this manual:

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/..._manual_v1.pdf

There are several questions here.

1. Do you have the Navigation unit or not?
    2. What is the trim level of your car? (Put it in your profile)
    3. You say you can "play music flawlessly". Did you pair the phone as a music device instead of a phone. Granted, I have the 2010 model and it can only do one or the other but not both simultaneously. I don't know about the 2012. But if it's like the 2010, you've paired it as a music device and therefore you must be using OnStar to dial out.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

I doubt he meant he can "stream" music from his phone, as the SRX does not allow for this feature. Or does it? Is your phone hardwired through USB when you play music from it, or is it wireless/bluetooth transmission? My wife's Mazda($23K car) does this and it is an amazing feature. It immediately recognizes phone and allow to stream music from YOUR POCKET! never have to touch phone. Cool. I find the process of plugging in my phone each time I get in the SRX annoying, especially when i leave it plugged in and forget to take it when I leave the car! Yes I probably can just use a dedicated iPod to leave in the car, but I no longer use a iPod since Ive had my iPhone so don't want to bother with downloading everything onto my iPod again. Oh Well.

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

If you're trying to access your phone's address book via Bluetooth, these are the steps (at least these are the steps in my 2011 Luxury Edition, with navigation, using my Droid X phone):

1. Push the "talking man button," wait for the prompt, and then say "hands free."
    2. Say "bluetooth"
    3. When the system says "bluetooth ready" you say "voice"
    4. The SRX system will then say "OK, accessing [PHONE NAME ASSIGNED BY YOU]."
    5. The phone's Bluetooth system will then say (at least mine does), "Please say a command." (sometimes you have to wait several seconds before the phone's Bluetooth system says "say a command.")
    (At this point, the SRX system usually drops away and says "good by," but the Bluetooh process is still going forward.)
    6. I then say "Call Joe Smith, work 1" at which point the phone will go to the Joe Smith entry in my address book, and call the number listed at work 1.

There are a couple of other options if you don't want to go through all of these steps.

(a) Store numbers in the phone's system. You can then assign them voice tags. These voice tags will work either with your phone (if connected via Bluetooth) or Cadillac's phone system.

(b) With your phone connected via Bluetooth, push the "phone" button on your panel and use the phonebook that shows on your screen.

HTH

Scott

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.