Remote start and heated seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Remote start and heated seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; I love the remote start and have been using it a lot this winter. I know there is a customization ...
    Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Remote start and heated seats

I love the remote start and have been using it a lot this winter. I know there is a customization in the Nav menu system that allows you to have the heated seats come on with the remote start function. I have it checked "on", but the seats are never on and heated when I get to the car, although the cars heat is on. Am I doing something wrong here? Anything else that needs to be done? What about the steering wheel heat? Can that be switched to go on with remote start as well? Not sure if there is something wrong with the car or me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Remote start and heated seats

Same here 19 degrees out Remote start, Auto temp set at 73 ,check mark on heated seat and defrost but seat are cold.
    I thought it worked last year?

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

This was one of the things I took my '12 in for a few weeks ago. The dealership produced a bulletin that basically said customers may report no heat but heaters were on, due to no weight being on the seat, the heat transfer didnt happen. As soon as you sit down and compress the heaters, they said, you would feel it. I dont. They said the heater lights wouldnt light, and that pressing the start button once you were in(to enable driving) would reset the heater off. All this made it 'appear' that the heaters werent working.
    Like I said, I have the same issue. I even started my car 5 minutes early today (25 outside temp) and then sat in the seat for a few minutes... I dont feel anything. I will say, though, that the thigh support on the '12s is probably not heated, making the actual seat area kinda small.
    I also have a small issue that my rear defrost seems to come on using remote start. I have it set to OFF. There just seems to be a disconnect between the setting in the computer and what happens.
    I know it may be hard to troubleshoot, but I'm going to insist. My 'ace-in-the-hole' is that I will take the service writer to the salesmans office and have the writer explain to the salesman why he cant fix all the stuff the salesman told me was so cool about the car...

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The heated seats take awhile to heat when no one is sitting on them. If you have the check selected, command start, and hop in shortly after, you will not feel a difference; because there is no pressure on the seat to heat it up a lot. You will feel the seat get warmer faster if you continue seat heating upon entry.

If you command start and run the second cycle (or excess of 8+ minutes), the seats can and will heat enough to feel upon immediate entry whether you continue the seat heat or not.

If neither of these conditions are met, then you have an issue to visit the dealer with. Also Huey is right, the thigh support extension is not heated.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

The heated seats only come on at temps below 50 degrees. Be advised, the LED indicators do NOT illuminate when the heated seats come on during remote start. I have no idea why none of this is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Thus it takes a little longer for those heated seats to warm up the lower seat cushion because of the newer heated elements design which now has more separation of air between the elements and the bottom of the seat cushion. In all of my other previous GM vehicles the heated seats seemed to warm up much faster than they do with the SRX.

NOTE: Back when I had my 2010 SRX I complained to the dealer about this same exact situation. I believe I had posted a copy of the service bulletin that the dealer gave me awhile ago that explains this problem better. Dang, I just can't seem to find that post right now.

I found the service work sheet ... look at #2 and you will see the dealers comments and service bulletin there.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

As stated above you dont feel the heat untill you compress and hold the heat in by sitting on the seats. Even after you sit in the seats and feel the heat you can get out and feel the seats with your hand and it will be much warmer where you were sitting vs the area not covered by your body. I suspect yours is working properly. We have noticed like above our olds bravada seats heat up faster than the srx like someone above noted but I wonder if that is because of either less cushioning or more worn out cushioning due to age.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I found a updated bulletin, the PI number has been changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This PI was superseded to include 2011 MY vehicles. Please discard PIC5322.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Customer concerns consist of two different complaints:

Complaint A:

When a customer enters the vehicle after a RVS event, they notice the heated seat indicators lights are NOT functioning. This is leading the customer to think that their heated seats are not being enabled.

Complaint B:

When a customer enters the vehicle after a RVS event, the heated seats are NOT up to operating temperature when they enter the vehicle.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Resolution for Complaint A:

Although the heated seat will be functioning, this is normal operation during a RVS event. The ECC is not in a complete wake up state in RVS mode, therefore the LED’s will not be enabled.

Resolution for Complaint B:

During a cold soaking below 32 deg (overnight) the seat is NOT going to get hot in the 10 minutes or less that the customer has the vehicle in remote start. This is due to the fact that the heating element is not in direct contact with the seat surface while the seat is unoccupied, and the foam below the heater is full of cold insulating air which takes time to heat up. The remote start operation will reduce the seat warm up time once the customer sits in the seat.

Important: The performance of the heater (during RVS event) is going to be reduced while the seat is cold and unoccupied.

Note:
    During a RVS request from the customer the heated seat operation is determined by a BCM calculation based off Outside Air Temperature and will only allow RVS (heated seat) operation below 50 Deg F OAT.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Ok this all makes sense, but it still seems that once I get in the car after a remote start the seat still doesn't heat up after a few minutes of sitting. Also I did a double cycle remote start this morning and the seats were still not heating up, but maybe that was because it was 10 degrees out? Lol. Either way I think we have to be resigned to admit the seats will not be nice and toasty waiting for us to sit on them. Not a huge deal, just don't get me all excited about it in the manual and then not really execute it properly. I think the heat and the defrosting are the more important features to have anyway, saving you time when you are in a rush in the morning.

allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Did a remote start to day 20 degrees. Worked just like the description that Marc posted. I checked the rear seats and they felt warm also.
    The remote start just gives you a head start on warming up faster. Works for me.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

You may want to get your SRX checked out Jonkarn. Two cycles and my seats are heating to touch unless it starts getting into -30*C or less.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

I will check again tomorrow to see how long it actually takes to warm up. Will time it. It definately gets toasty after sitting in it for about 10 minutes, but never when I first get in after remote start. It was about 12deg F at 6am this morning, about 0 with wind chill, so maybe that is cold enough. Feels like Canada!

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Would a soft cloth bag of the required minimum weight placed on the seat the night before the morning start, help in this scenario? It seems like it would bring the seat surface and the heat element into contact. However this would only work in a garage where the bag could be stored easily and conveniently.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Don't see why that would not work.

Eagle19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Turbo Platinum Ice

Hello folks. I had my local dealership look at my seats too. They said its "somewhat" common for the tube to get cut-off inside the seat. I guess it happens in the assembly line??? Well, I haven't had any issues since then. We've had a warmer winter here in Minnesota, but I still like to warm up the SRX a little.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.