Washing Your SRX - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum (2010-2016) Discussion, Washing Your SRX in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; I always wash the cars myself; usually only dust/occasional rain spots here. Most of the time I do a "spray ...
    Greg Franklin Guest

Re: Washing Your SRX

I always wash the cars myself; usually only dust/occasional rain spots here. Most of the time I do a "spray wash" and "spray wax" with solutions available from www.griotsgarage.com and really like the results. The spray wax is especially good and leaves NO residue of any kind.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Wow, Mark! Thats a sweet looking car but my god it must take some work! Only extra thing I do is keep the engine compartment spotless. Doesnt take much, usually just a rinse every couple months. When I used to do my own wrenchin' (pre cadillac) I wanted a clean deck to work on.
    For the outside, Zaino. Got the whole system, and gradually applying layers as the weather cooperates. Who woulda thunk I coulda gotten a wash and another layer added on Jan 1 in Wash DC? This is the best weather we've had all year!
    Too many nooks and crannies on cars for any automated wash to get it. With Zaino, I dont even have to spend much time, just a bucket of suds and throw the towel around it. Spray polish in between.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I think a lot of it has to too with how the car wash is maintained. Do they clean/replace their brushes, do the service the filtering systems, etc. If the don't do that you end up with a brush full of grit and water that is full of dirty/particles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.