iPod/iPhone Integration-Pandora and More
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, iPod/iPhone Integration-Pandora and More in Cadillac SRX Forums; As another poster had mentioned, the SRX now allows Pandora to play over USB. This significantly increases music capabilities, as ...
    Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

iPod/iPhone Integration-Pandora and More

As another poster had mentioned, the SRX now allows Pandora to play over USB. This significantly increases music capabilities, as you do not need to own any of this music, and expands variety tailored to your tastes. XM is better than terrestrial, but still has commercials now and is somewhat limited. iPod integration is great but limited to your music library. Pandora has a huge library, it's FREE, and seemingly unlimited playlists based on taste. Occasional commercial(about 20 seconds worth) every few minutes on the free version, and a 5 song limit on how many times you can skip through a song u don't like.

I discovered a Pandora app clone called Songza, which is also free, which not only has Pandora like playlists based on artist and similar music, it also has hundreds of user created playlists that are shared and FREE as well. Things like Billboard Top 100 of 2011, or hit "discover" and you can search through playlists based on mood, activities(driving fast?), decades, record store clerk(music snob?), etc. You can even save these playlists for furture use and they stay in your collections. It runs the same as Pandora, with Limited skipping, but I've discovered a great amount of new music this way. It seems that you can skip songs with the steering wheel control as well, but use this sparingly as once u skip 5 songs you can no longer skip and have to close the program and restart. I now use Songza instead of Pandora.

This is a great feature to be able to play music other than your personally purchased music. Not all cars can do this with their iPod integration(Infiniti). Take advantage while this is still FREE and LEGAL.

PS I think this app is not limited to iPods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Booker T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    Pardon the seemingly dumb question but is it as simple as having the iPhone plugged in and starting the Pandora app?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: iPod/iPhone Integration-Pandora and More

Click the link below for a Google search that includes both the words "iPhone" and "Pandora" for this forum only:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...w=1438&bih=898

11RavenBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Performance; 05 Harley-Davidson Road King

Keep an eye on your cellular data usage. You can use quite a bit running Pandora w/o wi-fi. Some companies now (ATT, Verizon) limit the amount of cellular data you can use based on the plan you purchase.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

U are correct about the data usage, but I am still grandfathered into AT&Ts unlimited data plan for 29.99/mth. However what they have now started to do is lower your bandwidth if you are a high end data user(top 5%), essentially lowering your 3G speed. The same thing applies each month if u exceed the top 5%. Seems like a breech of contract if you ask me, but at least we still have unlimited data and I am on Wifi most of the day anyway. I use online music streaming 1 hour a day on my drive to and from work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.