Halogen Headlight Recall Letter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Halogen Headlight Recall Letter in Cadillac SRX Forums; I received a letter from Cadillac today which states the following: We learned that your 2010 model year SRX may ...
    Cooper10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Halogen Headlight Recall Letter

I received a letter from Cadillac today which states the following:

We learned that your 2010 model year SRX may have a condition in which the halogen headlamp connectors may lose electrical contact with the low beam headlight bulb. This condition could cause the headlamp and/or daytime running lamp to work intermittently. This condition does not effect the high beam headlights.
    What we will do: Your Cadillac dealer will replace the headlamp connectors and low beam headlight bulbs. This service will be performed for you at no charge until December 31, 2013.
    What You Should Do: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact
    Cadillac dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair.

This defective part was also used on all GM vehicles with halogen headlamps:
    GMC, Chevrolet, Saturn, Pontiac.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Re: Halogen Headlight Recall Letter

As has been discussed elsewhere (ad nauseum), one less thing for me to worry about on my '12 Lux...

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I took my SRX in yesterday for the headlight recall and I have to say, driving at night seems to be a lot better. I always thought that the headlights were just crappy and I felt like I couldn’t see well – last night on the way home it seemed different. Has anyone else had the recall completed and noticed the same thing?

ls973800 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper10 View Post
    I received a letter from Cadillac today which states the following:

We learned that your 2010 model year SRX may have a condition in which the halogen headlamp connectors may lose electrical contact with the low beam headlight bulb. This condition could cause the headlamp and/or daytime running lamp to work intermittently. This condition does not effect the high beam headlights.
    What we will do: Your Cadillac dealer will replace the headlamp connectors and low beam headlight bulbs. This service will be performed for you at no charge until December 31, 2013.
    What You Should Do: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact
    Cadillac dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair.

This defective part was also used on all GM vehicles with halogen headlamps:
    GMC, Chevrolet, Saturn, Pontiac.
    Would you mind finding the Recall number or Campaign number which should be noted in the letter you received? We have a 2010 Traverse with halogen headlamps but have not received any notice. Thanks

Cooper10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Go to www.safercar.gov to find out about vehicle TSB's and Recalls.

Service Bulletin # SB-10-08-42-001A
    Date: 8/1/2010
    NHTSA# 10035924
    Componet: Exterior Lighting

2009-2011 Chevrolet Traverse is on the master list

Defective headlight connector was used on at least one million General Motors vehicles dating back to 2006

ls973800 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Thank you. I'll get it checked out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.