Where is your idle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Where is your idle in Cadillac SRX Forums; I noticed that my SRX idles at 500 rpm, while my CTS idles at 750 rpm. I wonder if my ...
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

Where is your idle

I noticed that my SRX idles at 500 rpm, while my CTS idles at 750 rpm. I wonder if my vibration at idle is caused by a low idle speed. I gently push the pedal to ~7-800 rpm and the idle smooths out. 1600 miles, so still too early to go in for a oil change and check of this problem. It's a hassle to go over to my dealer (time wise- they are only 5 miles away, never have the time though). Really hope they can resolve this issue. My neighbor with the Lexus is always asking me, "How's the rattle bucket".

So what is your idle speed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ejcn1970 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Performance

Re: Where is your idle

My idle speed is 750rpm. 656 miles. No raddles at all.

djspl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance AWD

Hmm, my 2012 with ~800 miles idles at 500 rpm. It feels just slightly rough at idle.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

550-600 ('12, 2500 mi), just barely touching the 'upper' 500 line... Mind usually is smooth, but there's those occasional moments where it droops just a touch (25rpm) and it gets a little rough. I'd say its probably right on the hairy edge of the lower idle limit.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

I have a feeling that Cadillac is experimenting with, How low can we idle and keep the engine running while conserving gas. The 2012 is the newest version of the 3.6 engine. Seems there are still some bugs to work out. Still hoping that the first dealer visit will resolve all this.

Caddybill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury w/nav

My idle is just a hair over 500 and is usually smooth. I think your assessment is correct, that they are trying to save gas by setting it as slow as possible.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Our 2012 with 2100 miles idles right at 500 RPM's.
    Bill

Greg Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

My idle is at 500 too, and no rattle.......

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

My '10 3.0L idle's at about 550 rpm.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Kool Duck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

550 rpm its not a rattle I hear its just vibrated the car like a one of those beds they used to have in the cheap motels. All jokes aside my wife really likes this car if not I would set it a fire. If some one knows if the low idle is a dead end or what. Should it not vibrate even at that rpm.
    I've read its the motor mounts but it runs real smooth at 650 with the gas pedal pushed down a hair. Is there an adjustment on the pedal sensor? O2 sensors cause this catalytic converter? Surely someone out there as actually solved this. Help a poor old man out. No codes ever !!!!!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Engines do make a longitudinal movement when the pistons are firing. Unless you replace the V6 with an I shaped engine, you should have some kind of slight vibration. If not, never ever sit in a V8 powered vehicle!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver
    550-600 ('12, 2500 mi), just barely touching the 'upper' 500 line... Mind usually is smooth, but there's those occasional moments where it droops just a touch (25rpm) and it gets a little rough. I'd say its probably right on the hairy edge of the lower idle limit.

Mine is around same area...estimate 600rpm...no rattle at all...I have the 3.6 and under 4000Km

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Mine has been weird since I purchased the car brand new and mine is a 10. I always thought RPM's were the # x 1000 but I know that's wrong. Anyways, mine flutters around 500 but at times, it will start to shake and drop down, then the car feels like it's going to stall on me. I took it in afew times and they couldn't find anything. Then finally it did the same thing, and a code was captured and it was a faulty coil and spark plug. Once that was fixed, it's been much better.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm very sorry to hear about everyone's idle concerns! If any of you would like me to document your feedback or investigate further for you, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com or send me a private message through the forum.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

djmcculley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 4

My 2010 SRX-4 began to experience rough idling around 50,000 miles and is progressively getting worse now at 60,000 miles. It is getting bad where at times I think the car will stall while waiting at a stop light. My dealer suggested to clean the injectors for $210 and then monitor performance.

Also does anyone know if there a software upgrade that might help for tuning the hp/tq curves, as I have noticed declining performance with throttle
    response and torque in the normal "drive" mode. My SRX idles around 1000rpm after settling down from 1400 rpm at start up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.