Where is your idle - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Where is your idle in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by djmcculley My 2010 SRX-4 began to experience rough idling around 50,000 miles and is progressively getting worse ...
    cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: Where is your idle

Quote Originally Posted by djmcculley View Post
    My 2010 SRX-4 began to experience rough idling around 50,000 miles and is progressively getting worse now at 60,000 miles. It is getting bad where at times I think the car will stall while waiting at a stop light. My dealer suggested to clean the injectors for $210 and then monitor performance.

Also does anyone know if there a software upgrade that might help for tuning the hp/tq curves, as I have noticed declining performance with throttle
    response and torque in the normal "drive" mode. My SRX idles around 1000rpm after settling down from 1400 rpm at start up.

Mine does the exact same thing and I'm at 56K miles so far. I hate being at a long light because I feel like it might conk out some days. I did notice with the loaner cars they have given me, they all seem to do that, RPM's flutter. I just had my car repaired for the issue I was having with the reduced engine speed message and I was given a 2013 SRX basic with the cue system. I was very diligent to monitor the RPM’s and though it’s a new car with under 3K miles, it was rock solid steady, not 1 single flutter. I really think the 2010’s had a ton of bugs in them as well as the 11’s and some 12’s. Side note, that cue is pretty cool! Enjoyed it alot!

mrperry75@gmail.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX

My 2012 SRX has a VERY rough idle at a traffic light! It does this often and it has
    me on pins and needles in fear of stalling! i always
    Press the Onstar button for an immediate diagnostic each time. each time no
    problems are detected. If a solution is not found, i may have to trade my SRX! GLAD
    that others are experiencing the same. Hopefully, a solution will be found.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mrperry75@gmail.com View Post
    My 2012 SRX has a VERY rough idle at a traffic light! It does this often and it has
    me on pins and needles in fear of stalling! i always
    Press the Onstar button for an immediate diagnostic each time. each time no
    problems are detected. If a solution is not found, i may have to trade my SRX! GLAD
    that others are experiencing the same. Hopefully, a solution will be found.
    Mrperry, I'm so sorry you've been experiencing similar concerns! I'll document your feedback for the appropriate GM teams to review, and I'm available if you decide to involve your dealership and would like assistance working with them towards a resolution. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.