Another Issue - What do you think?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Another Issue - What do you think? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Seems the handles to the doors are painted (or have some kind of color coating on them) and it is ...
    gregcpx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Another Issue - What do you think?

Seems the handles to the doors are painted (or have some kind of color coating on them) and it is peeling off....
    I'm a bit taken back that GM seems to be using substandard materials and calling it quality...

I have not asked if it covered under the 50K warranty but I'm sure it is...
    If not, I'm going to raise a big giant stink for sure!

See the picture with all the circles....

Anyway..attached is the pictures, see what you all think and feedback would be appreciated?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trippy is offline Banned

Re: Another Issue - What do you think?

Is the driver's door side the only one exhibiting this?

Which trim level do you have? (fill out your profile)

How many miles on the car?

How long have you had the car?

What year is the car?

I have a 2010 Premium that was purchased in Feb 2010 and now has 11.5K miles on it. I have not seen this peeling issue.

Howdy Trippy:
    There is not much to put in the profile unless I'm not looking at it correctly.
    I guess I should have added more info, so my apology that I did not add this additional information:

1. This is, so far, the drivers door only (but will inspect the others as well)
    2. Lux Edition
    3. 38000
    4. 2 Months
    5. 2010

I like the car, but a bit bummed out about this... I'm nervous that it will start in other areas now

Trippy is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gregcpx View Post
    Howdy Trippy:
    There is not much to put in the profile unless I'm not looking at it correctly.
    I guess I should have added more info, so my apology that I did not add this additional information:

1. This is, so far, the drivers door only (but will inspect the others as well)
    2. Lux Edition
    3. 38000
    4. 2 Months
    5. 2010

I like the car, but a bit bummed out about this... I'm nervous that it will start in other areas now
    I'm assuming you bought the car used since you've only had it for 2 months and it has 38K miles on it? Did you notice this part of the door being in pristine condition when you picked it up or was it already like this?

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

As far as I can tell it looks like it is a GM vendor quality issue and I would believe that GM will cover it and go after the vendor for reimbursement.

Cooper10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac uses a soft vinyl coating to cover the hard plastic surfaces on the door control trim pieces and dashboard sides. With time your fingers will abrade the surface off with use. My SRX is peeling in the same place on the drivers door. The dash board end on my SRX peeled like it had a bad sunburn. Go look at a center console of an older Escalade, the console is all peeled. Salesman said they all do that.

yes it was purchased used, however I don't think it has any bearing on this issue....
    In my opinion, the vehicle is still under 50K miles and it is obvious a defect.
    Going to call Caddy today, but thus far, this vehicle makes me more and more nervous to keep....(All the issues I have read here, plus this)

Hopefully GM will put on their big boy pants and take care of the issue like they should.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

I just checked my 2010 SRX and found absolutely no indication of any peeling. Mine just rolled over 29,000 miles. Possibly the previous owner wore a lot of rings or other types of bling that was abrasive?

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Our 10 is jusr fine with no problems. I suspect Smiley is right. The previous owner wore some type of jewelry that rubbed it, or used some type of harsh petroleum based cleaner on it that caused the covdering to loosen. Whatever, try to get Cadillac to fix it. maybe they will.

Took it to the caddy dealer, and they looked at it. They had not seen this before, but you they suspect it was due to high tempatures. They did say older Escalades did have this issue though. 3 of the 4 doors were having the same issue, but only the drivers door was the worst...the other two show just one little tiny area (right in front of the power window buttons) I did not even see the 3rd door, the dealer did, but it is not a bling issue...unless the House wives of New Jersey were driving around in the thing!

So, don't keep us in suspense. Are they gonna fix it?

Oh sorry, my fault...
    I got side tracked...
    yes, they are going to take care of it
    So I feel better about the whole thing now, but still worry this car is going to be a big giant money suck.
    Are GM bumper to bumper warranties available from the dealership? If so, how much do they cost and are they worth it?

That is great that they are going to fix it. Yes, GM has extended warranties available, and from what I have read on this forum, you can get dealerships to bid against one another to get the best price. We will get rid of ours before the warranty expires. I can see how the SRX along with many other cars with all the electronics and gadgets could bdcome a nightmare after the warranty expires. If we were to keep ours longer, then we would consider an extended warranty. I think there are limits to when you can purchase the GM extended warranty. Maybe before the original warranty runs out? You need to check at a good dealership and find out the particulars.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Interior protectant applied at regular intervals helps prevent instances like this, under normal use. No amount of protectant can protect against heavy/sharp jewelry...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Interior protectant applied at regular intervals helps prevent instances like this, under normal use. No amount of protectant can protect against heavy/sharp jewelry...
    Thanks Captain, but this is not from jewelry.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.