Another Issue - What do you think? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Another Issue - What do you think? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by gregcpx Thanks Captain, but this is not from jewelry. If not jewelry, then perhaps doggie toe nails?...
    Trippy is offline Banned

Re: Another Issue - What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by gregcpx View Post
    Thanks Captain, but this is not from jewelry.
    If not jewelry, then perhaps doggie toe nails?

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    If not jewelry, then perhaps doggie toe nails?
    You may be closer to the real issue than you realize!

gregcpx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    You may be closer to the real issue than you realize!
    Over the years and many cars I've never seen a dogs nails do that to an interior. I'm a bit surprised that some folks seem to feel like this is an issue that must be the fault of the owner, so lets go another route...my friend (who has no dogs/animals, nor wears jewelry) has a slightly older SRX (about 5 years old) and only has 7k miles on it, on the steering wheel, on the part where the radio controls are has become sticky and you can actually imprint your fingers into the plastic coating...the vehicle sits in high heat in Florida...all it would take is my fingers to scratch off that coating and he'd have the same issue.....

So it really boils down to that inferior materials are being used.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Over the years and many cars I've never seen a dogs nails do that to an interior. I'm a bit surprised that some folks seem to feel like this is an issue that must be the fault of the owner, so lets go another route...my friend (who has no dogs/animals, nor wears jewelry) has a slightly older SRX (about 5 years old) and only has 7k miles on it, on the steering wheel, on the part where the radio controls are has become sticky and you can actually imprint your fingers into the plastic coating...the vehicle sits in high heat in Florida...all it would take is my fingers to scratch off that coating and he'd have the same issue.....

So it really boils down to that inferior materials are being used.
    I am not doubting what you say about possibly inferior materials. I often wonder if car manufacturers test their vehicles in stressful climates. We had temps reach as high as 112 F this past summer. You can image how hot the interior of a car would get with the windows up when it's 112 F outside. Funny, though, no one else on here, to my knowledge, has reported this particular problem. Bottom line: let's just hope it gets fixed under warranty.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

... So it really boils down to that inferior materials are being used.
    Yes it certainly is possible that it might be the fault of the vendor and or their choice of materials that are being used. However, I would tend to think if this was a major quality concern that we would be reading about a lot more of these types of threads/ posts concerning this exact same problem.

FYI: Yes, Steve, all manufactures test their products out in all types of conditions before they build and sell their new vehicles.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

*GASP* You mean.... Is it possible...
    GM actually TESTS their vehicles, and doesnt rely solely on a few comments on the internet for design and engineering???

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Not surprised, the same thing happen in my Cobalt, window buttons and my 05 CTS-V's radio/nav buttons.

I haven't seen it happen in my 2010 but it barely gets used.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I had a Cobalt SS SC, and it never had the problem. I have many friends with Cobalts, with the 'common' issue of the silver trim cracking and flaking. None of these friends experiencing that issue used interior protectant. On mine, my brothers', and a couple of friends', of which we used interior protectant on, never produced this problem. That's the only thing we could break it down to.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.