Amazing What Dealership Service Departments Charge
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Amazing What Dealership Service Departments Charge in Cadillac SRX Forums; Just got back from my local dealership. I had bought a spare tire kit and intended to install it myself ...
    etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Amazing What Dealership Service Departments Charge

Just got back from my local dealership. I had bought a spare tire kit and intended to install it myself but didn't have the right tool to remove the torx screw plus I needed it done before I hit the road for a 1800 mile trip for Christmas in a couple of days so decided to take it to the dealership. I also needed the wiper blades replaced so got that done as well. Two hours later I'm ready to go. They charged me $115 (mainly labor) to install the tire kit and each wiper blade was $22. $170!! Totally my fault, really, for waiting until the last minute and for not confirming the cost before authorizing the work. But wow, I'll not be giving them high marks on the survey they always send about my "experience with the service department".

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trippy is offline Banned

Re: Amazing What Dealership Service Departments Charge

Amazing, isn't it? My service dept gets $90-something per hour. I dare say there's a guy in the lot that has a college degree. I realize that the dealership gets a huge chunk of it, but frankly, I think it's over the top. I would guess that the dealerships make more from their service depts. than new car sales.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Now you know where the term "Stealership" came from.
    Bill

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

The wiper blades are a joke that they even THINK to charge for this. There is a little button that they press, it’s literally a 30 second job. Thanks to the guys on the forum here, they warned me about them charging labor so when I went in I flat out told them if they even think about charging me for labor on that just to leave them in the car and I’d do it myself. They did it and didn’t charge me but really – it’s amazing how they take advantage like that. Stealership is right!

I’m starting to think that they screw with my car every time I take it in now so I come back – always something wrong it seems. The latest is the memory on the drivers seat won’t work unless the car is turned on. Before, I could hit either 1 or 2 and the seat would move when the car was off….just another thing they messed up last week…..

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Also remember on wiper blades since it IS the season; all the auto parts places(Autozone,O'Reily,etc ) have gone to 8.95 or so for wiper blades,,only Walmart is still HALF that. They cost them about a dollar!! I will replace both of mine at Walmart this week. I can't imagine how a dealership has the gall to charge $22 for them; even if a pair. It makes one realize that the BMW Free wipers, oil changes, are worth quite a bit as far as lost dealer profit from these small things. I am sure they do well on parts to make up for it.

Trippy is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    The wiper blades are a joke that they even THINK to charge for this. There is a little button that they press, it’s literally a 30 second job. Thanks to the guys on the forum here, they warned me about them charging labor so when I went in I flat out told them if they even think about charging me for labor on that just to leave them in the car and I’d do it myself. They did it and didn’t charge me but really – it’s amazing how they take advantage like that. Stealership is right!

I’m starting to think that they screw with my car every time I take it in now so I come back – always something wrong it seems. The latest is the memory on the drivers seat won’t work unless the car is turned on. Before, I could hit either 1 or 2 and the seat would move when the car was off….just another thing they messed up last week…..
    After you turn off the car, you get 10 minutes to operate accessories, adjust seats, etc. Then the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) turns off. Could you be trying to operate outside that 10-minute period?

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

My dealer charged me $22 for TWO OEM wiper blades during my last service.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

My Cadillac dealership said they won't charge more than $20.00 for any of their wiper blades and yes they put them on for free! BTW: I have never seen a dealership charge a customer a labor charge for that service. I have always considered that the cost of the wiper blade includes installation. On my first SRX I told the service man that I needed a wiper blade for my driver's side because it was chattering a lot. He changed it and I asked how much it was and he said no charge because he was covering it because he said it was faulty.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    My dealer charged me $22 for TWO OEM wiper blades during my last service.
    $22 for two OEM blades isn't horrible. Espically if it's acutally an OEM P/N Blade and not some generic one. Everyone should be able to change their own wiper blades, women, 16 year olds, 70 year olds. Everyone.

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    After you turn off the car, you get 10 minutes to operate accessories, adjust seats, etc. Then the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) turns off. Could you be trying to operate outside that 10-minute period?
    I could have sworn that when I would get in the car in the morning before I started it, I could hit #1 which is my memory and the seat would move if hubby had driven the car the day prior and it was his memory #2 setting - I'm 99% sure on this. Now it won't let me change the seat position unless I turn the car on. crazy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.