2012 SRX camera comes on late
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX camera comes on late in Cadillac SRX Forums; This is just an irritating problem. When I shift into reverse the nav screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds before ...
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

2012 SRX camera comes on late

This is just an irritating problem. When I shift into reverse the nav screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds before the rear image pops up. When you are backing up this means you probably have moved 10 feet before the image appears. On my Coupe and previous CTS's, the image appears as soon as the shifter hits reverse. Is this the way it is or do I have a slow unit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Re: 2012 SRX camera comes on late

Ours does the same thing which I also find odd. The cameras in our Infiniti came on as soon as you hit reverse or hit the camera button. I wonder if there is a programing fix?
    Bill

I have to believe it is a software issue.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Yes just noticed this. Very annoying to have to wait for the camera to come on. Especially when parallel parking where you may have mutiple shifts into drive and reverse to get into a small spot. Also is delayed in turning off once you put into gear and drive off. Weird seeing your exhausts as you drive away and wait for nav screen to show you where to go if you have just programmed a destination.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

3-4 seconds is a bit much. Excessive really. I know mine and another with Nav that i drove you wait a full TWO seconds before the screen comes up (to reverse screen). Annoying.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac central called me yesterday to ask how I'm doing with my new SRX. Told them I love it except for 2 problems, vibrating idle and the 4 second delay on rear nav camera. They told me to bring it in right away to have that fixed. I'm still going to wait until oil change.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Ghost, I'm sure you will, but please post your results on the vibrating idle issue.
    I just got mine back from service, with an answer of 'could not replicate'. Cant complain, probably true. But I described it as a slow gradual 'surge' at idle that caused an awful lot of vibration.
    Side note, I rented an Impala LTZ in colorado springs this week that surged BAD when warming up. I aimed the remote out my hotel window and went out 10 minutes later and it had to be surging 200-300 rpms... It was 18 degrees, but still.
    When I notice the 'surge' on my '12, its only 25-50rpms, just enough to get it a little off balance and buzz a little...

mm9351 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD LUXURY

This is an interesting twist on the camera performance as compared to the 2011 MY. While there is virtually zero delay for the rear camera to appear when selecting reverse gear, I find that after selecting drive, the camera continues to display approx. 3 seconds, still providing the rear view after take-off. I kind of like still being able to see what's behind me after backing up. Does the camera continue to display on the 12's?

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    Ghost, I'm sure you will, but please post your results on the vibrating idle issue.
    I just got mine back from service, with an answer of 'could not replicate'. Cant complain, probably true. But I described it as a slow gradual 'surge' at idle that caused an awful lot of vibration.
    Side note, I rented an Impala LTZ in colorado springs this week that surged BAD when warming up. I aimed the remote out my hotel window and went out 10 minutes later and it had to be surging 200-300 rpms... It was 18 degrees, but still.
    When I notice the 'surge' on my '12, its only 25-50rpms, just enough to get it a little off balance and buzz a little...
    My vibration is at a stoplight, the brake pedal and the steering wheel have a steady vibrate. It's embarrassing when my neighbor with the RX350 is in the car with me. I have to listen to what a POS Cadillac puts out. I hoping for improvement from either the dealer or more miles on the engine fixes it (is that crazy?) Otherwise with only 1200 miles, I'm waiting for first oil change. Dealer is telling me there is no fix for the camera. I'm going to report to NTSB and hope others complain. It's a safety issue.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mm9351 View Post
    This is an interesting twist on the camera performance as compared to the 2011 MY. While there is virtually zero delay for the rear camera to appear when selecting reverse gear, I find that after selecting drive, the camera continues to display approx. 3 seconds, still providing the rear view after take-off. I kind of like still being able to see what's behind me after backing up. Does the camera continue to display on the 12's?
    I think that is pretty much standard. My son's new Audi A6 has a dashboard button to turn on rear camera when going slower than 5mph. Wish we had that.
    BTW what is a 2011 MY?

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

MY = Model Year
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Ah-ha!

Willo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Our 2010 has this same characteristic. Seems to be a software issue that's continuing to the present model.

Yes, it's a slight annoyance, but you get used to it. If you are relying totally on the camera view for backing up (I still turn my head and use peripheral vision on the screen...habit, I guess) you may want to wait that one or two seconds for the screen to show you what you need as a pure safety reason.

Perhaps GM will address this issue with a "fix" after reading about it here!

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

I reported the vibration to my dealer this week. Normal 'could not replicate', which I expected. They checked the trouble codes and updates and all was good. I am willing to 'accept' this as I know its nothing 'wrong' (judging by the performance of the Malibu). Its would be nice if it were smoother, but its just hyper-sensitivity with me that I notice it, and it isnt all the time.
    No matter how it performed, if anyone called my SRX as POS, I'd drive out in the middle of no-where, kick him out, and tell him he's lucky I slowed down first... Especially if he was one of the gazillions of people that had an RX350...

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    No matter how it performed, if anyone called my SRX as POS, I'd drive out in the middle of no-where, kick him out, and tell him he's lucky I slowed down first... Especially if he was one of the gazillions of people that had an RX350...
    Love it!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.