Incorrect Odometer Mileage?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Incorrect Odometer Mileage? in Cadillac SRX Forums; During recent trip to Caddy Dealer for radio/nav. issue I spoke to them regards incorrect odometer mileage. Traveling from NY ...
    PGASRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Performance, 13 XTS4 Premium, 2K Jaguar XK8

Incorrect Odometer Mileage?

During recent trip to Caddy Dealer for radio/nav. issue I spoke to them regards incorrect odometer mileage. Traveling from NY home to NC home is approximate 750 miles. I noticed first trip with SRX was 785. During last year we made 2 more trips along side our Lincoln Navigator and Jaguar XK8. Two vastly different vehicles recorded the approximate 750 miles while SRX recorded it's 785 miles. Anyone else showing mileage disparity? Dealer provided no TSB regarding problem and the obvious "could not duplicate customer concern". SRX is Performance Edition and only discussion was regarding stock 20" wheels/tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trippy is offline Banned

Re: Incorrect Odometer Mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by PGASRX View Post
    During recent trip to Caddy Dealer for radio/nav. issue I spoke to them regards incorrect odometer mileage. Traveling from NY home to NC home is approximate 750 miles. I noticed first trip with SRX was 785. During last year we made 2 more trips along side our Lincoln Navigator and Jaguar XK8. Two vastly different vehicles recorded the approximate 750 miles while SRX recorded it's 785 miles. Anyone else showing mileage disparity? Dealer provided no TSB regarding problem and the obvious "could not duplicate customer concern". SRX is Performance Edition and only discussion was regarding stock 20" wheels/tires.
    If this turns out to be a widespread problem, what a PITA for GM. It would mean that people's warranties would actually be ending earlier than they should and it would also reduce resale value unfairly.

leekes is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You should go on google maps... measure off a 50 mile trip... then drive it... you should end up a mile further.

Trippy is offline Banned

Wouldn't the difference between 18" and 20" tires affect the odometer reading and wouldn't over and under-inflation be a factor too?

PGASRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Performance, 13 XTS4 Premium, 2K Jaguar XK8

When discussing with service adviser we talked about wheel/tire size. He was unaware of any similar problems throughout the Caddy line. My XK8 has factory installed larger wheels/tires & mileage matched up with Lincoln which matched up with internet maps we have used over the years to find best route. This particular route we have used probably 20 times. I would have never come across mileage disparity if it were not for the trips and the fact I always reset computers before traveling.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I checked our 2012 SRX Premium on a recent 528 mile trip. The odometer was about 3 miles more than the Nav system. I can explain the difference because we made several pit stops for coffee, lunch, fuel and other things which would account for the 3 miles. I'm going to make a 75 mile trip this week without stops along the way and I'll check the odometer against the nav. I'll post the results.
    Bill

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

There is no difference between the tires sizes from the 18's to the 20's. The outside diameter is the same for both rim sizes.

Have you had your SRX radar checked at all?
    I sure have. A lot. And my speedo is right on. Every time...

When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Trippy is offline Banned

Thanks for helping with increased insurance rates.

I'd keep quiet Trippy, with Government owned Insurance, I'M the only one who deals with 'raised rates'. And that only ever happens from accidents or LOTS of speeding.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Run the vehicles side by side at a particular speed such as 60mph and see if they read the same speed. if they traveled the same path but one recorded more miles, that vehicle should be reading faster. Step 2 use gps to verify accuracy of all 3 vehicles. Step 3 have caddy speedo accuracy checked assuming it is the offending unit and provide those results to dealer thus proving speedo needs calibration. Keep all documentation for resale issues.

Trippy is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I'd keep quiet Trippy, with Government owned Insurance, I'M the only one who deals with 'raised rates'. And that only ever happens from accidents or LOTS of speeding.
    Is all car insurance in Canada owned by the government?

Nope, just maybe 1/4 of the provinces/territories. It seems to coincide with the few provinces/territories that are in the black...
    lol!

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Wouldn't the difference between 18" and 20" tires affect the odometer reading and wouldn't over and under-inflation be a factor too?
    When I had my 2010 being serviced for routine maintenance the dealer had a complete set of 18" Luxury wheels for sale. I thought that I might consider purchasing them for use in the winter months to help save the Chrome Tech wheels from the heavy salted roads in our wintry area. The parts manager told me the difference between the 20" vs 18" outer diameter of the tire was almost identical. Thus there would be very little difference in the accuracy of the speedometer readings.

Since I had questions about the accuracy of the speedo readings he went and printed out the tire calculations and specs for me to show me the two outer dimensions to verify his statement. If I recall correctly he said the 18" wheels would turn one extra full revolution per mile.

lovemycaddy01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DTS

Hello, looking for advice for my car ..... Had the radiator and water pump replace and my car is running hot/ message: Engine Hot / AC off .... but the AC is not on! I can let the enginge idle and the temp goes back to normal. One more ? ... When I had the raditor replaced the shop changed my surge tank cap to a PSI 16 the original surge was a PSI 15.... Could this make a difference with how my car is running ????? Please HELP!

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

lovemycaddy01, Are you refering to the 2000 DTS? It is probally the northstar engine head. There are a lot of problems of leaking, cracked heads on those engines. Aprox. $2500 for the fix. Sound like that's the problem you have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.